News Michael Voss departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to `Crazy' Vossy ( within reason of course ), like no doubt many others I will be very interested in how he goes against kern.
"We're obviously disappointed to lose the game, especially by such a large margin on a Friday night at home in front of our True Believers, but all credit to Vossy for getting the Blues up and about."

All about the personal journey for Voss.

Hearing him talk about how great it is to get to a "big club" that he supported as a kid makes me realise he was never Port Adelaide.

We were just a means to an end.

Time for some more Port people (woth outside experience).
Im not sure this is a thing

firstly what do you expect him to say? "im happy to be a Carlton but i would have rather coached Port?" Of course he is going to big up his new appointment

secondly most if not all assistant coaches aspire to be a head coach (especially a previous head coach that was sacked like Voss), so i'd say all assistants are on a journey hoping to become a senior coach. Assistant Coaches would all see their clubs as a "means to an end"

lastly i'd rather the best person for the job rather than just a Port person. Thats a very crows "boys club" type of view

Last edited:
I'll be putting money on Carlton to beat Port next year. It'll probably be juicy odds, and Voss has plenty of experience in seeing how to easily beat Port. Ken will just sit there, arms folded, with an empty Coke No Sugar and won't change anything.

firstly what do you expect him to say? "im happy to be a Carlton but i would have rather coached Port?" Of course he is going to big up his new appointment

secondly most if not all assistant coaches aspire to be a head coach (especially a previous head coach that was sacked like Voss), so i'd say all assistants are on a journey hoping to become a senior coach. Assistant Coaches would all see their clubs as a "means to an end"

lastly i'd rahter the best person for the job rather than just a Port person. Thats a very crows "boys club" type of view

You're right they don't have to be from Port but they need to be obsessive about Port doing well.

Like a Foss or a Choco or a Clarko.

They need to understand and live the creed.

"We're obviously disappointed to lose the game, especially by such a large margin on a Friday night at home in front of our True Believers, but all credit to Vossy for getting the Blues up and about."
"It's a tough competition and someone has got to lose. We've got a long way to go to be as good as Carlton."

Really hope we didn't lose any assistants because we were waiting on Voss
We knew Schofield was leaving at least 3, maybe 6 weeks ago, so Voss didn't stop anyone being appointed, when we haven't even replaced Schofield.

Best for all parties really.

Voss deserves another crack
We need all the refreshing we can get
Carlton get a capable coach

Would have been nice to bring in Teague as forwards coach but he's already landed at Richmond.

Is Teague senior assistant?

Could we still poach him as a senior assistant?

I remember this happened with someone else recently when they got a better offer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lastly i'd rather the best person for the job rather than just a Port person. Thats a very crows "boys club" type of view
Yeah, he would have had a thorough brief from their PR person who would have made sure he threw out taglines of "big club" etc.

The rumours persist that Scott Camporeale is on our radar as a replacement for Voss/ Schofield. He has AFL experience as a mid field coach and did a reasonable job with a 7-4 record at Adelaide as a fill in when Phil Walsh was killed. Camporeale was one of the casualties from the Cows ill fated 2018 pre season camp which may count against him.

May not happen and I am not sure who else is in the mix.

The rumours persist that Scott Camporeale is on our radar as a replacement for Voss/ Schofield. He has AFL experience as a mid field coach and did a reasonable job with a 7-4 record at Adelaide as a fill in when Phil Walsh was killed. Camporeale was one of the casualties from the Cows ill fated 2018 pre season camp which may count against him.

May not happen and I am not sure who else is in the mix.
Will be announced tonight

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back