Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have loved to hear Vossy's answer to the question on how we're going to improve on our problem areas.

He must have nailed it.

Looking forward to that manifesting onfield.

Welcome Vossy!

Bring #17 home to Princes Park!
He would have learnt from Hinkley, work hardery for longery.

Welcome M. Voss.
Bit of a surprise I have to say but really have no reasons why not.
As a player you cant ask for a better candidate. Mathews endorsed him for coach at Brisbane and thats as good as it gets also.
That was a hiding to nothing for Voss and the club fell apart. We will never know if that was the coaches fault. I suspect it wasn't. He was caught in a power play and squeezed from both sides.
So since then its been seen he has resilience and fire in the belly and can organise a midfield. That must have been what has won him the job.
Lets back him in and cheer the team on to glory.

Why would they appoint a previously failed senior coach?

And why would all of you applaud it?
And to think they got rid of Teague who had a decent win loss record in his first two years for him.

Seems like no one ever learns at this club.:'(

And to think they got rid of Teague who had a decent win loss record in his first two years for him.

Low and behold someone you know and love fails in their life at some stage and you just give up on them for said failure.

We are all humans, we make mistakes, we fail, but we get the * back up again and be better for those experiences.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

You're pretty out of it if you don't understand why Teague is gone.

That or you're an alias troll.

You are much happier with a Previously failed senior coach ( fluked his way into a final series one year) totally flunked the other years ( never mind the terrible trading) over a quality senior coach who has a proven track record of success.
Please explain
Why haven’t port sacked him by now as senior assistant?

even ports “failed” seasons saw them basically in finals.

their midfield has been dominant and the Boak move a master stroke.

we have the talent. We need the hard, uncompromising edge now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one said give up on him.
But why appoint him for the same role he failed in?

9 posts in 10 years and you've suddenly got something to say...and it's this? lol

Not sure why people are endorsing Teagues winning percentage. Each year he coached he has regressed whilst having a better list at his disposal.

2019: 54% winning rate
2020: 41% winning rate
2021: 36% winning rate

I think Voss would have learnt a lot as Hinkleys understudy. I'm starting to warm up to this appointment and I'm quietly confident we will be vindicated in our selection.

You reckon Bill Belichick shouldn't have been hired by the pats then?
Carroll by the Seahawks?
Boby Robson?
Zidane?
Benitez?
Heck even Mourinho with Benfica

Congrats Vossy! Like many here I was initially pretty keen on Clarko.
But I trust the panel's judgement and very much prefer a determined Voss to Ross or an uncommitted Clarko.
Now you did it as Brisbane captain, so was just wondering if you could go to that well again and deliver us a three-peat as our coach?

You are much happier with a Previously failed senior coach ( fluked his way into a final series one year) totally flunked the other years ( never mind the terrible trading) over a quality senior coach who has a proven track record of success.
Please explain
Voss very nearly made finals in 2013 his last year as coach. Was robbed by the Cats in the final round to lose by a point only for Carlton to steal the spot by beating Port in a massive come from behind upset to jump Lions, North and Adelaide who were all on 10 wins. Was then sacked

How many do you know of?
Pretty sure the last coach to coach a premiership, where:
1. They weren't coaching at their first club as coach (this covers 17 out of the last 18 premierships)
2. A previously successful (premiership) coach at another club (e.g. Malthouse 2010)
or 3. Previously coached a side to a GF (e.g. Blight '97, '98)

was... Robert Walls 1987 - and of course, that was at Carlton! tbf, Wallsy did a good job with Fitzroy, just couldn't get them to the final dance.

Before that, it was Norm Smith, who coached Fitzroy unsuccessfully (didn't play finals under him) before transferring to Melbourne in 1952. Could say he did alright there :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back