The Western United Thread

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Elmer_Judd Quivorir from the horses mouth! makes me feel so bloody :mad::mad:

If he wanted to sign with Sydney FC, he would have been given the green light by Gallop no doubt..

I have no love for Victory, but you guys did get screwed over by the FFA, hopefully now the A League is run by an independent body, we will never see such a blatantly state and club based decision and agenda again.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
It's been posted in the general thread but good reason to post it here

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
I forgot to watch the Diamante/Berisha show myself last night, but I do recall the fixture's 'Get Ticket's' link to that game was missing in the lead up.. so that combined with the Monday slot

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian football icon John Aloisi joins Western United as Head Coach
Australian football icon John Aloisi has been appointed A-League Head Coach of Western United for the next two seasons, beginning with the 2021/22 campaign.

Aloisi’s appointment marks the start of a new chapter for the Club, as it looks to return to the success achieved in its inaugural season in the A-League.

“We are thrilled with this appointment and we're looking forward to John’s arrival at Western United,” said Western United Chairman Jason Sourasis.

“Throughout the recruitment process, John stood out as someone who reflects the values of Western United. His desire to be successful and to create a high performing sporting environment was impressive.

“This appointment complements our goal of achieving sustainable success.

“John will build on the foundation already set by our hard-working football department and leadership team,” Sourasis said.

Aloisi is ready for a return to coaching and eager to begin his journey with Western United.

“I’m grateful to be given this opportunity as Head Coach of Western United,” Aloisi said.

“United is still so much in its development stage, being just two seasons in.

“In this role, I’m privileged not only to coach, but to be part of building a club and a football future for the people of the west,” he said.

“I look forward to meeting the Western United family soon.”

Aloisi is widely considered Australian sporting royalty and is best known for scoring the winning penalty to ensure the Socceroos qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

The Adelaide-born striker was the first Australian to play and score in Spain’s La Liga, the English Premier League and Italy’s Serie A.

Aloisi’s coaching experience includes A-League clubs Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Heart.

Western United commence pre-season on Monday 19 July with Aloisi joining the team as soon as it is possible working within the current Victorian Government border restrictions.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Progress..

Western Melbourne Group ready to turn soil

Western Melbourne Group (WMG), the parent company of Western United FC, is delighted to invite you to save the date for an important milestone in the progress of Wyndham City Stadium and its surrounding precinct.

In the week commencing 25 October 2021, early works on the site at Leakes Road, Tarneit (600m west of the Leakes Rd and Sewells Rd intersection) will commence.

The early works will commence with building of the site’s haul road to create access to the stadium site for construction vehicles, as well as upgrades to Leakes Road and construction of the interim Ison Road.

The early works can proceed while the stadium and the surrounding precinct’s Concept Master Plan – which was submitted to the state government in July – is being approved.

Due to various factors pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic, refreshed timeframes have been established for the project.

WMG Chairman Jason Sourasis said:

“We thank all of our stakeholders, members and fans for their unwavering support as we continue to work hard on delivering a world-class precinct.

“Over the past two pandemic affected years, the club has grown enormously to not only field an A-League team but to include a youth academy with two teams playing in the Victorian NPL, securing a W-League licence for the 2022/23 season, the establishment of a women’s development program, as well as Frame Football and Powerchair teams.

“Whilst the planning process has taken longer than we had hoped, it is vitally important we get the masterplan for the whole precinct right from the start.

"The precinct will allow for the continued growth of our sporting organisation as we expand our academies and pathways further, as well as building a sporting centrepiece for the rapidly growing population in the west of Melbourne.

“This project will shift the professional sporting landscape, as it is the first of its kind in our country. In addition to the sporting legacy, our project gives the west of Melbourne a social and economic boost, which is much needed in these challenging times,” Sourasis concluded.

For more information on the Western Melbourne Group project visit the WMG website.

For information on Western United Memberships CLICK HERE or contact the Membership team on membership@wufc.com.au or 1300 GO UNITED

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Wtf has happened here? Surely they would have an agreement to use the ground if fixtures have been allocated? Or are SMFC bullshitting?
I reckon the later potentially after fan backlash.

I don’t see what SMFC are trying to do here. It’s ridiculous. They don’t own the stadium.

What

There really needs to be a time constraint put on it. In the meantime they should be forced to play out of Ballarat / Geelong (finals excepted).
How about * off. Sick of getting the Tassie football Norf and Hawf treatment where we get a token game here or there from Victory/WU.
Either our own side (won't happen) or find somewhere else to play.

How about fu** off. Sick of getting the Tassie football Norf and Hawf treatment where we get a token game here or there from Victory/WU.
Either our own side (won't happen) or find somewhere else to play.
Why does it bother you? It's not like it interferes with the cats in anyway and probably brings money to your club.

Back