Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
If north went someone else... rather that horne... would gws do what we did with blues? Pick 4 for 2 and swap our 2022 firsts
If North are gonna pick someone else instead of Horne It will be because hes tanked his interviews and basically told them he doesnt want to go there and wont be hanging around past his first contract.

and we’ll all know that has happened because they will be willing to trade pick 1..

if Horne tells North he is more than happy to come and play for them he’ll be a Kangaroo.. they wont trade the pick for even huge overs and they will take him in the draft.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pfffftt…

they dumped teague because they incorrectly believed they were a great chance to get Clarkson..

what we’ve seen since the disgusting way teague was treated is a club that is in complete and utter disaray desperately trying to make up for their error in judgement.

Voss has got the job because he’s basically the last man standing!.. what a circus.

The entire club meeds to be folded and their license sent to Tasmania.
Clarko was never going to that rabble. Lyon thought he had it all sewn up but Little got the ass. I think Brian Cook is a very astute operator. He will turn that shitshow around. Teague was no good, should never have been given the position. Was all based on player driven emotion. Voss will be alright the 2nd time around I believe. Carlton have lucked into probably the best coach available other than Clarko. Clarko is saving himself for the crows lol.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
If North are gonna pick someone else instead of Horne It will be because hes tanked his interviews and basically told them he doesnt want to go there and wont be hanging around past his first contract.

and we’ll all know that has happened because they will be willing to trade pick 1..

if Horne tells North he is more than happy to come and play for them he’ll be a Kangaroo.. they wont trade the pick for even huge overs and they will take him in the draft.
I think this is pretty close to the mark

Although, from North's perspective, if the crows did something really stupid to get that GC pick 3 on top of keeping pick 4 and look to cut a deal with North for pick 1, North have taken a number of mids in their recent drafts, it would not be a silly idea for them to go after Gibcus and one of the other top end talls if they had 2 high 1st rounders - that would then add to McKay down back and Larkey up front and could really set their list right up with high end talent at both ends and in the middle with guys like Phillips, Powell, LDU etc?

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

if Horne tells North he is more than happy to come and play for them he’ll be a Kanaroo.. they wont trade the pick for even huge overs and they will take him in the draft.
North will take either Callaghan or Horne imo. They probably will take Callaghan as he isn't a flight risk imo. Similar to what they did with last year taking Phillips over McDonald. If Callaghan or Horne is available at 3 and GC want to still trade the pick we need to make it happen. I would have thought they would just offload some players and take the player themselves though.

Last edited:

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
Kelly will be Band 4 or 5, I’m not sure why people are hoping for higher. It’s a pretty realistic return

Once again, not sure why you keep sprouting this Band 5 nonsense. Rory Atkins got us Band 4 at exactly the same age, and at only $400K per season.

There's about a 90% chance it will be Band 4 for Kelly, but if Essendon has beaten out a few other interested parties THIS early, and got Kelly to agree THAT quickly, then there's every chance they've thrown him a decent offer for 2-3 years. IMO there's a small chance it could be on the borderline for Band 3-4, so fingers crossed

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree with above.
Wingard is 28 (DOB July 1993).

My original thought was that he doesnt fit into our rebuilding phase and would take games away from younger players, however, i'm now thinking that if he came cheap tradewise (say 2nd round draft pick), then it may be a positive for the AFC in the sense that an indigenous player (and a talented one at that) has chosen to come to our Club and thus help somewhat improve our damaged reputation with the indigenous community.
I’d like to see him kick the match-winning arsey goal for us in a showdown. 👿

Last edited:
Feels like we reached with Rowe drafting him with a second rounder. He has zero contested game and his offensive game isn't good enough to make up for it. Also I cant stand his ducking and diving for free kicks, he is a shocker in the Toby Mclean/Joel Selwood mould.

Murphy is clearly a Petrenko stop gap type. Not much forward craft and butchers a lot of our forwars movement with high loopy kicks to nowhere. We should be able to weed him out over the next year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The draft isn't deep enough for a late 2nd round pick to be a reach.

By that point, you're just taking who you like out of the metaphorical dregs.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Feels like we reached with Rowe drafting him with a second rounder. He has zero contested game and his offensive game isn't good enough to make up for it. Also I cant stand his ducking and diving for free kicks, he is a shocker in the Toby Mclean/Joel Selwood mould.

Murphy is clearly a Petrenko stop gap type. Not much forward craft and butchers a lot of our forwars movement with high loopy kicks to nowhere. We should be able to weed him out over the next year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah, that wasnt a reach for Rowe.. late seconds onward are always pretty speculative… and especially given how well he played in the SANFL last year..

The question was always whether he could bring that game over to the AFL.. still yet to be answered..

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So there's Rowey on 5AA today stating Luko was seen having dinner with Paul Stewart and Connor Rozee and he (if I got it correct) also himself saw those guys having dinner.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Once again, not sure why you keep sprouting this Band 5 nonsense. Rory Atkins got us Band 4 at exactly the same age, and at only $400K per season.

There's about a 90% chance it will be Band 4 for Kelly, but if Essendon has beaten out a few other interested parties THIS early, and got Kelly to agree THAT quickly, then there's every chance they've thrown him a decent offer for 2-3 years. IMO there's a small chance it could be on the borderline for Band 3-4, so fingers crossed
Is it worth calling band 5 ‘nonsense’ when that or band 4 are basically going to be around the same pick?

It’s not going to be band 3. Rat got a decent-sized, 5-year deal and got band 4. Band 4 would make sense, just saying it’ll be around that band 4/5 ballpark

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
So there's Rowey on 5AA today stating Luko was seen having dinner with Paul Stewart and Connor Rozee and he (if I got it correct) also himself saw those guys having dinner.
At the Henley Beach Cafe?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DaKids

All Australian
May 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
this is no laughing matter...not sure what Cafe it was at but it was next to Davey Jones' locker
Jack will have played league footy with Paul at the Eagles in 2017, and went right through juniors with Rozee. No doubting the Ports flavour but these are most likely relationships formed outside of Port. Mind you could still be asking the question. The bald bloke might have said - you blokes know him, here’s the credit card.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would be a good get for the pear, but not what they need.
well if they were offering $500K for 4 years for Dawson who they had extreme interest in and was their primary target, not sure that Luko would be wanting to take a big shave to his contract value if they tried for him this year - but if the pear dd and it cost this years 1st and a good player, then so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back