We have Voss, now we have the Assistants...

Remove this Banner Ad

My last post on BF was a hundred years ago. I'm genuinely excited with Voss so here's my 2 cents. His steely resolve and competitive nature is just what we need to instill into the playing list.

Here's my take on assistants................which I know zero about.

Voss
Scarlett - winning culture (backs) Has a 10 week rest then back refreshed the 1st day of Pre-season
Power (Onball)
McQualter - winning culture (Mids/Opposition)
Stevie J. - winning culture (ties with Cook) (forwards) we need an eclectic Coach to think outside the box.
Gary Aryes - winning culture - all round good guy and Master Coach for words of wisdom and a clear head ala Neil Balme

As for development Coaches.

Ayres
Heath Scotland
Tom Rockcliff

To start with.....

I like the Gary Ayres choice.
At least one of Voss’s assistants should be a wise owl with lots of experience and general footy smarts.

Leigh Tudor was highly regarded a few years ago - wonder why he fell off the radar?
Scarlett sounds like he's out. Lappin & Tapping both have good credits.

Brenton Sanderson, Dale Tapping, Nigel Lappin, Lenny Hayes

can you see us going after lyon again? he appeared to show some interest and then pulled out for some unknown reason. strange.

That's what we were told, I believe we have no idea what the full story was and never will. He would be the right person to be a senior assistant IMO. It comes down to availability, there may not be any really good senior assistants available to us this year and there may not be any available the next either, it's important to really go hard at someone when there is a chance they may be available. This is a tough role to fill, probably a lot tougher to fill than the role of senior coach.

Salopek is one I'd like to understand in terms of progression. He's been with our Women's team as coach, but I rated him at Port as a player and would be keen to understand where he sits career wise.

Who is our ruck coach? I know Kruezer was given a role at some stage, but can't see him on our official coaches listing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce Arians won the Super Bowl this year at the age of 68.

Voss is young by world football coaching standards.

So he is too young. what did we do. why didnt we get clarko. this club has no idea what its doing. get rid of sayers, williams too

I like the Gary Ayres choice.
At least one of Voss’s assistants should be a wise owl with lots of experience and general footy smarts.
Vossy can probably have Leathal Leigh on standby for a coffee if he needs some guidance.
I'd be just as happy with a recently retired player to have closer connection to the players generation.
Not sure we want our whole group to be in the 44-46 range either

I would be very keen on Ben MCGlynn as VFL coach/ development and Power step up too midfield coach.

We need a strong senior assistant, I would be talking with Tapping and Yze.

Jordan Russel is getting some raps at WB's

I fully expect a play to be made at one or multiple Demon/Bulldogs assistant coaches just to see if they can shake a fruit off the tree.

We have the head coach to go into trade period with, can spend an extra 2-4 weeks nailing the assistant roles. Would rather go slow and get the best than rush and * it up again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back