Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see the Cats being in finals next year as the list is still strong and the winning % at Kardinia park and the favourable stance they get from AFL house and the tribunal

Not sure on list changes but looks like Henderson hangs up the boots and not sure on Higgins as he went on a 2 year contract although he may have had triggers for the 2nd year or it could be a mutual end

It would be great to see all 4 of Constable, Narkle, Clark and Kreuger leave for 3rd and 4th round picks if that

I can see the Cats being in finals next year as the list is still strong and the winning % at Kardinia park and the favourable stance they get from AFL house and the tribunal

Not sure on list changes but looks like Henderson hangs up the boots and not sure on Higgins as he went on a 2 year contract although he may have had triggers for the 2nd year or it could be a mutual end

It would be great to see all 4 of Constable, Narkle, Clark and Kreuger leave for 3rd and 4th round picks if that

Would be a real kick in the teeth as if they had of offloaded one or 2 of those guys to us last year there is probably a fair chance they would have got to keep one of the first rounders they gave to us in the Cameron deal.
I sure hope the fishing is good down in Geelong for Jezza because I agree they might make finals next year but 2023 onwards they are going to fall off one hell of a cliff.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hmm, so Carlton seem to be making a hash of their next coach selection (surprise surprise!). Their fascination with Alistair Clarkson seems to indicate they have one club in the bag - get Clarkson and he'll solve all of their problems. So where does that leave the coach they select after Clarkson (repeatedly) turns them down? Presumably feeling very much second choice, a second rate coach ... and possibly even looking over their shoulder in one year's time when Clarko says he'll likely be ready to coach again? What a situation to be in.

Hmm, so Carlton seem to be making a hash of their next coach selection (surprise surprise!). Their fascination with Alistair Clarkson seems to indicate they have one club in the bag - get Clarkson and he'll solve all of their problems. So where does that leave the coach they select after Clarkson (repeatedly) turns them down? Presumably feeling very much second choice, a second rate coach ... and possibly even looking over their shoulder in one year's time when Clarko says he'll likely be ready to coach again? What a situation to be in.
Cannot believe Voss fresh aired the North process when we were looking for a coach but he's prepared to put himself through this circus.

Is it 3 assistants and the CEO leaving the Cats, it will be a challenging season ahead and they probably still make finals but it could be a transition year where expectations are still there but reality sets in
Hawkins, Selwood, Higgins, Smith likely to retire at the end of next year
Henderson also if he goes on
Rohan, Tuohy possibilities also at the end of next season
Then in 23 those 3 and Danger, Stanley and Blicavs

That is a lot of experience and it will be interesting to see how they manage this change

I dont think they will be attractive to any free agents it will be cheap role players looking for a spot on a list

Is it 3 assistants and the CEO leaving the Cats, it will be a challenging season ahead and they probably still make finals but it could be a transition year where expectations are still there but reality sets in
Hawkins, Selwood, Higgins, Smith likely to retire at the end of next year
Henderson also if he goes on
Rohan, Tuohy possibilities also at the end of next season
Then in 23 those 3 and Danger, Stanley and Blicavs

That is a lot of experience and it will be interesting to see how they manage this change

I dont think they will be attractive to any free agents it will be cheap role players looking for a spot on a list
Hopper will land at Geelong imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Family in Torquay. Geelong will have no good inside miss in between 25-30. Will throw everything at him. Free agent I think.
It's always a possibility.
Every contract so far people have said he is going and usually to Geelong, he has re-signed no fuss each time.
Long may it continue.

Anything is possible but he is contracted here for '22 and '23. At the start of the '24 season he will be 27yrs old and in his prime. Geelong are going into '22 again going all in with their aging list and realistically won't be starting a rebuild until '23 and will be slower as they have largely avoided the top end of the draft to this point.

So yes, Hopper could go to Geelong, but he'll be spending his prime years going through a slow rebuild and likely not playing finals. I pick him more of a glory chaser than a dollar chaser, but we'll see what happens in 2 years time.

F***ing hell. he only just re-signed and you already have him out the f***ing door already.

seriously. I put up with enough of this sort of bulls#t from oppo supporters for years - it was finally easing off a bit as most of them realised not everyone pi$$es off at the first available opportunity, and now it’s coming from one of our own?

GAGF

F***ing hell. he only just re-signed and you already have him out the f***ing door already.

seriously. I put up with enough of this sort of bulls#t from oppo supporters for years - it was finally easing off a bit as most of them realised not everyone pi$$es off at the first available opportunity, and now it’s coming from one of our own?

GAGF
Who are you talking to? Grow up and stop with the tantrums.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back