Rumour Don Pyke is new Carlton coach according to Robert Murphy

Is Don Pyke a good choice to coach Carlton?

• Not a good appointment

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Good appointment

Votes: 35 72.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot understand why club would go back to the well with Voss. He was a total flop at Brisbane.

I get he might have learned some lessons since but when there are so many well credentialed assistants and ex-coaches who were relatively successful (Pyke, Williams, Buckley) I don’t know why you would do it.

Cannot understand why club would go back to the well with Voss. He was a total flop at Brisbane.

I get he might have learned some lessons since but when there are so many well credentialed assistants and ex-coaches who were relatively successful (Pyke, Williams, Buckley) I don’t know why you would do it.
You dont think hed be much better eqipped now with years of expereince under his belt? I couldnt give a * one way or another but i think "failed" coaches that go and get some experience to learn from their mistakes should be worth a punt sometimes

You dont think hed be much better eqipped now with years of expereince under his belt? I couldnt give a fu** one way or another but i think "failed" coaches that go and get some experience to learn from their mistakes should be worth a punt sometimes
It’s possible, but it’s also possible that whatever caused him to send Brisbane down the toilet where they stayed for a decade is still under the surface.

You dont think hed be much better eqipped now with years of expereince under his belt? I couldnt give a fu** one way or another but i think "failed" coaches that go and get some experience to learn from their mistakes should be worth a punt sometimes
Mark Neeld likes this post

Scammed again by 0 premiership player Robert Murphy .

Feel for Voss, has been told he'll be recommended but only if a last Clarkson pitch doesn't work... Carlton are just terrible, lucky too have anyone interested in coaching them.

Your mob just hired not 1 but 2 failed coaches for your football department. Along with "training wheels" leading them. Oooof.

Your mob just hired not 1 but 2 failed coaches for your football department. Along with "training wheels" leading them. Oooof.
In positions they've been very successful assistant and DOC , both have had their club win flags when in those roles buddy.

Carlton coaching circus in 2021
You told Lyon the job was his, then the board disagreed, then told him he'd have to go through an interview which he then dropped out.
You then head hunted Clarkson, he said no.
You tried again, he said no.
You then went into an interview process of coaches while also still hunting Clarkson.
You've basically said to Michael Voss (Who you screwed over when Teague was available) hey it's yours unless Clarkson says no for the 8th time.
Clarkson said no for the 8th time.

You've also reached out to an arch enemy and asked for advice when selecting a coach ect.
Poo-Poo

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 years out from playing, v nearly 15 years with 5 years of mistakes as a coach and input into list management decisions and 8 years of assisting.

They just aren't comparable situations. Plus, he still won a final and won 10 games in 2 other seasons out of 5.

He should be a lot better. No Henderson, Rischitelli, pick 12 and other picks out for top up players will help..

2 years out from playing, v nearly 15 years with 5 years of mistakes as a coach and input into list management decisions and 8 years of assisting.

They just aren't comparable situations. Plus, he still won a final and won 10 games in 2 other seasons out of 5.

He should be a lot better. No Henderson, Rischitelli, pick 12 and other picks out for top up players will help..
Put him on leave during trade week for a start.

Winning a shitload of premierships as assistant coaches makes them failed coaches? Are you all there?

Yet when handed teams of their own, their results were diabolical and short lived. Sorta indicates all those premierships they "won" may not have stemmed from their work.

Yet when handed teams of their own, their results were diabolical and short lived. Sorta indicates all those premierships they "won" may not have stemmed from their work.

Or maybe they were good assistant coaches, but not senior coaches? Which is why they've gone back to the role they were extremely successful at. Is it really that hard for you to grasp? Meanwhile Voss has applied for every job under the sun and gotten rejected a million times until he landed at Carlton who literally had no other option due to their terrible treatment of senior coaches.

Why do even bother Kappa? Most Carlton supporters are happy. There's a few who aren't and that's fine. The rest is noise.

All the best with Mcrae. My elderly Collingwood supporting father in law was asking me if he's any good, and I said, who really knows, has a good rep, and all I could remember about him was he had that classical, beautiful left foot kick.

So same for Carlton, no-one knows how Voss will go until he's had a go. He went through the process, and whatever you reckon about the other coaches, I'm sorry, but no-one cares. They've all moved on because that's the business.

Long weekend now, go and enjoy a quiet frothy.

Carlton was impressed enough to actually ask them for advice on how they did it.

The hilarity of your comment in relation to this cannot be understated.

Carlton was impressed enough to actually ask them for advice on how they did it.

The hilarity of your comment in relation to this cannot be understated.

No we didn't. Brad Lloyd may have when he was personally interviewed by the Pies. May have been taken completely out of context. You don't know, nobody really knows. Caro is generally right but she has been wrong a fair bit the past month.

Or maybe they were good assistant coaches, but not senior coaches? Which is why they've gone back to the role they were extremely successful at. Is it really that hard for you to grasp? Meanwhile Voss has applied for every job under the sun and gotten rejected a million times until he landed at Carlton who literally had no other option due to their terrible treatment of senior coaches.

News flash for you - neither have "gone back" to being assistant coaches that they were "extremely successful at" at Collingwood.

You should honestly feel a bit embarrassed about your posts.

News flash for you - neither have "gone back" to being assistant coaches that they were "extremely successful at" at Collingwood.

You should honestly feel a bit embarrassed about your posts.

So they haven't gone back to being assistant coaches? Are you okay?

Back