List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if we are trading Tarrant to help them not dilute their compo it has to be part of the CCJ deal
And they have to accept less than without taz.
38 for ccj alone is plenty. on his own.
so less than 38. May as well just do a straight swap.

Taz + 38 for CCJ + 44. Marginally better than a straight swap, which they can paint as a tiny win.

Once the adults are in a room together I'm thinking it will be something like that. They want the Chol compo, but we would want the Tarrant compo. We have pick 1 in the PSD, and they have zero ******* leverage with CCJ. Everything is in our favour, and yet I still think we'll aim for some veneer of fairness.

If CCJ was under contract or going to a club without the first pick they could probably get a pick around 20. IMO this deal sees them make a fairly crappy return for him (though it IS better once Chol's compo is factored in), but it is leagues better than what the worst case scenario could be. Worst case scenario is a thing of nightmares, essentially Taz for CCJ and Chol.

So for arguments sake:

We keep 38, get 39 (potential Taz FA compo), and CCJ thru the PSD. Lose Taz.

Richmond get Taz as a FA. Lose CCJ and Chol with no compo.

I like it.

They want us to trade Taz and 38 for CCJ.

So we get CCJ. Lose 38, 39 (taz compo) and Taz.

They get 38, 39 (Chol compo could be better .... I dunno) and Taz.

I guess you can't blame them for trying.

So we keep 38, get CCJ as a trade for Taz. Lose any taz compo and Taz.

They get Taz and whatever Chol compo there is.

Its a compromise but ... we don't have to do this? Why should we? We lose a draft pick and the one we had might get pushed back one place. Which might be the difference between the last good prospect who slid because of covid and some spud. What benefit is there for us to not break their balls in this situation?

Taz + 38 for CCJ + 44. Marginally better than a straight swap, which they can paint as a tiny win.

Once the adults are in a room together I'm thinking it will be something like that. They want the Chol compo, but we would want the Tarrant compo. We have pick 1 in the PSD, and they have zero ******* leverage with CCJ. Everything is in our favour, and yet I still think we'll aim for some veneer of fairness.

If CCJ was under contract or going to a club without the first pick they could probably get a pick around 20. IMO this deal sees them make a fairly crappy return for him (though it IS better once Chol's compo is factored in), but it is leagues better than what the worst case scenario could be. Worst case scenario is a thing of nightmares, essentially Taz for CCJ and Chol.
Worst result for Richmond is CCJ to us via PSD and Tarrant to Richmond via FA (perhaps with an unlikely bonus comp pick coming our way). For it to go any other way, Richmond need our co-operation. I agree, I think something along the lines of what you've said is about right, but anyway you slice it Richmond have no leverage to play hardball.

* offering 38. Why bother? They've poached our past VC when we are at our lowest point and need his leadership. We owe them nothing. We should remind CCJ that he took the fall for all of their big-named players and staff with Kebabgate and couldn't offer him a decent contract. And their mouthpieces in the media are claiming he owes them for scapegoating him. We should tell him the PSD is the perfect way to pay them back.

And we should video the trade meeting where we offer them 69 or the PSD from multiple angles and give the footage to members as a payback for having the spoon.

fu** offering 38. Why bother? They've poached our past VC when we are at our lowest point and need his leadership. We owe them nothing. We should remind CCJ that he took the fall for all of their big-named players and staff with Kebabgate and couldn't offer him a decent contract. And their mouthpieces in the media are claiming he owes them for scapegoating him. We should tell him the PSD is the perfect way to pay them back.

And we should video the trade meeting where we offer them 69 or the PSD from multiple angles and give the footage to members as a payback for having the spoon.
The more it goes , Tarrant and 69 seems fine

So for arguments sake:

I like it.

Its a compromise but ... we don't have to do this? Why should we? We lose a draft pick and the one we had might get pushed back one place. Which might be the difference between the last good prospect who slid because of covid and some spud. What benefit is there for us to not break their balls in this situation?

Only downside of sending CCJ to the PSD is that we won’t have that pick 1 up our sleeve in case a high profile trade (Cerra) falls through.

Only downside of sending CCJ to the PSD is that we won’t have that pick 1 up our sleeve in case a high profile trade (Cerra) falls through.
I was thinking about this the other day.
I think CCJ would comfortably be the best player picked at PSD 1 for a long while.
Cerra is just a dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah or if we have someone else OOC in mind, there is a good argument if there's any other possibilities on the radar, to get the CCJ deal done as quickly as possible and start intimidating some other list manager with our PSD pick!

So for arguments sake:

I like it.

I think the "clubs try not to shaft eachother at the trade table because it destroys relationships" thing is overplayed by the media, but I also think there's more than an element of truth to it. I think the accepted method is to aim for something that benefits you moreso than the other bloke but can also be painted as something resembling fair. There's some exceptions like Dodo who has never shipped out a player he hasn't thought was worth multiple round one draft picks, and then what happened with Collingwood last year, but typically there aren't too many trades that seem grotesquely one sided.

Even with what I said before I still think that if they arc up about it and actually start demanding more then you just tell them to get stuffed, remind them that they have zero leverage and that when you come back tomorrow the deal is changing and they'll like that one even less. The ball is in their court. IMO we just give them a fairish offer in the hope they do the deal on day one and then we retain and wield the PSD pick one as a bargaining tool, or outright weapon, for the rest of the trade period.

However the idea in your second post has a lot of merit to it too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back