Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

There should be a special place in hell reserved for people who put a generic multi on for the grand final and then obnoxiously carry on about it for the duration of the game in a social setting.
“I’ve got a Melbourne into Petracca to win the Norm Smith boys. 10 bucks to win 60”
Who cares *head.

I just don't give a s**t about hearing about people betting period. Have one mate in particular who doesn't shut up about it.

I just don't give a sh*t about hearing about people betting period. Have one mate in particular who doesn't shut up about it.
I do partake in a bit of betting but I’m far from proud of it and certainly don’t bring it up as a point of conversation when I’m with others. It’s a toxic addiction that destroys more lives than any drug

I just don't give a sh*t about hearing about people betting period. Have one mate in particular who doesn't shut up about it.

Yep, a mate of mine who bets $5 each way on the Melbourne Cup, spends all day telling anyone and everyone on social media, then if the horse wins or runs a place he continues this daily nonsense up until Christmas...
He also used to have a habit of giving everyone a months notice prior to his birthday, expecting offers of a related function or just drinks. Most of us would then ignore, wait until about week after the date and then respond with: 'Mate, we should do something for your birthday, when is it..?'

Last edited:
I do partake in a bit of betting but I’m far from proud of it and certainly don’t bring it up as a point of conversation when I’m with others. It’s a toxic addiction that destroys more lives than any drug
Does it really though? I do it but only privately, not something I want to talk about or hear about, but so so many people do it now, to say it destroys more lives than drug is just wrong. A third of the country would be in rehab if true.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be very popular, I have no idea. But I want to complain anyway.

I hate when players (e.g. Bailey Smith) do NBA celebrations after kicking a goal.

Go the double cobras, the single finger salute, or just anything other than copying NBA players and hoping the Big Strong Americans notice you.

I hate when players (e.g. Bailey Smith) do NBA celebrations after kicking a goal.

Go the double cobras, the single finger salute, or just anything other than copying NBA players and hoping the Big Strong Americans notice you.

Eh, kick the winner in a knockout final you can celebrate however the * you want in my book

It just kinda makes them look like little fan boys more than some big moment celebration when you see them do other players celebrations.

The thing about the NBA (or pro soccer) style celebrations is that most of them are unique to a player. You don't see anyone but D'Angelo Russell doing the 'ice in my veins' celebration in the NBA. Just think of your own.

None of them actually annoy me as much as when Bailey Smith tried to copy Allen Iverson by stepping over Brad Sheppard though. Not only was it a s**t attempt at copying someone else's celebration it was just completely unnecessary and disrespectful.

i absolutely HATE the behind the player camera angle the director chooses when a player is lining up for goal. It ruins the spectacle of a long goal. A shot for goal should always be from the normal broadcast camera angle so you can see if the ball is going to fall short of the goal line, or if it will carry.

Example:

In 2006 GF Lynch blasts one from 55m near the boundary. The camera angle gave it no justice how good that set shot was.

i absolutely HATE the behind the player camera angle the director chooses when a player is lining up for goal. It ruins the spectacle of a long goal. A shot for goal should always be from the normal broadcast camera angle so you can see if the ball is going to fall short of the goal line, or if it will carry.

Example:

In 2006 GF Lynch blasts one from 55m near the boundary. The camera angle gave it no justice how good that set shot was.

I bet you don’t mind the Sheed one..😂

Bob Murphy wasnt really that unlucky in 16, he did his knee round 3.. miss 90% of season... heaps more players with more heartbreaking stories.
ps and yes i know he was captain.

Agree, but the unpopular 'fact', not opinion, for those who still have issues with Beveridge's symbolic gesture of giving Murphy his GF medal, which is conveniently ignored - is the fact Murphy returned the medal to Beveridge the next day and shortly after Beveridge then donated it to the Dogs museum...

Last edited:
I bet you don’t mind the Sheed one..😂
Id still prefer if it was shown from the broadcast angle. Those tight shots look so much better when they look impossible but the umpire stands in the centre of the goal and arches back as the ball passes over their head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back