We have Voss, now we have the Assistants...

Remove this Banner Ad

swuzzlebubble

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2007
Royal Pde
AFL Club
Carlton
Really hoping that Nigel Lappin makes the move across. Connections to Cook and Vossy, big opportunity to jump at the right time. Give him 3-4 years if he is as highly rated as they say.

Also... unpopular opinion but pending the right attitude and sign off from Voss and Cook, I wouldn't mind giving Buckley a chance (if he doesn't go into media) as an assistant. Always thought he had a good football mind and - in the past - showed the ability to really connect and care for players (the On the Mark doco showed a heap of that for one). I know it'd be a tough pill to swallow for some, but his midfield craft and footy nous COULD be a positive IF he was willing to buy in 100% to Voss and our club.

We've seen tons of ex-coaches (our new coach included) get picked up by other clubs as senior assistants and become valuable members of the coaching team. Why not be bold.

Sidenote: Sayers and Bucks are good mates so no doubt he'd have at least had that conversation.
Main issue is probably if/when Bucks sees himself back as a senior coach. It's not just a one year thing.

Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton

Tapping gone. Bombers loaded their assistants.

Wishing Tapping all the best, and that * coaching lineup looks very strong.

Names I have seen raised who could possibly be available are: Marty Mattner, Ben McGlynn, Solomon, Black, King, Yze, Chaplin, Lappin

Question: who is around (either from that list, or realistic other possibilities) that would be that strategist type person?

Magical_EddieBetts

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton

Names I have seen raised who could possibly be available are: Marty Mattner, Ben McGlynn, Solomon, Black, King, Yze, Chaplin, Lappin

Question: who is around (either from that list, or realistic other possibilities) that would be that strategist type person?
McQualter is the best option for that role and we are supposedly keen on him, we need to sign him up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

Would love King or Lappin but either of them are long shots you would think. The best teams have the best coaching teams. This is a huge couple of weeks for the club in getting it together.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
You can't find a spot for hutchy

D1649E6F-D3D9-4718-B3A7-B4CA17EB2F7A.jpeg

Blugazi

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Throw some money at Steve King and Andrew McQualter to come across. I recall Nathan Bassett was highly rated a few years ago, is currently with Port so would have a relationship with Voss. Steven King and Joel Corey could be looked at through the Cook connection.

Throw some money at Steve King and Andrew McQualter to come across. I recall Nathan Bassett was highly rated a few years ago, is currently with Port so would have a relationship with Voss. Steven King and Joel Corey could be looked at through the Cook connection.

Port fans on BF seem to dislike Bassett immensely.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Port fans on BF seem to dislike Bassett immensely.
Not being tongue in cheek here, but do they honestly like any of their coaching team at all? I know Hinkley isn't popular, a lot try to say Voss is their Barker, apparently Bassett is extremely disliked too....

Not being tongue in cheek here, but do they honestly like any of their coaching team at all? I know Hinkley isn't popular, a lot try to say Voss is their Barker, apparently Bassett is extremely disliked too....

I've seen a lot of good things said about Voss in his farewell thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back