The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

In Melbourne metropolitan area, has anyone actually seen police using number plate recognition technology? Or police patrolling railway stations and trains searching for people outside their 5km zones? I

Yes I have.

Only once at my Local Shops saw them going around Checking Number Plates.

My Carer said he seen them down in Dromana and down that way at Beach Parking Areas scanning Number plates as they have Car Sitting there for a fair while

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes I have.

Only once at my Local Shops saw them going around Checking Number Plates.

My Carer said he seen them down in Dromana and down that way at Beach Parking Areas scanning Number plates as they have Car Sitting there for a fair while
I think the Mornington Peninsula is one area they may police fairly thoroughly given the number of day trippers from the city who go down there. People would be very silly to chance their luck going to any of the beaches beyond Frankston. The Dandenongs is another area where I have seen them set up a checkpoint.

I think the Mornington Peninsula is one area they may police fairly thoroughly given the number of day trippers from the city who go down there. People would be very silly to chance their luck going to any of the beaches beyond Frankston. The Dandenongs is another area where I have seen them set up a checkpoint.

That is a Very Good Chance because some Idiots up the City that don't care about the Lockdown just come down anyway. They can't complain about getting Fined Then.

They have put Checkpoint near Red Hill but only 1 I have heard of but been plenty of Others

No Shock to Numbers keeping going up in Melbourne thanks to the Protesters and People behaving like at Mornington Yesterday that there where no Lockdown.

People at the Moment seem not to give a F**k

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
No Shock to Numbers keeping going up in Melbourne thanks to the Protesters and People behaving like at Mornington Yesterday that there where no Lockdown.

People at the Moment seem not to give a F**k
You might want to look at where the new cases are coming from. If still the northern and western suburbs, you may find the protests and Mornington have not contributed as much as you thought. I don't think you can expect lockdown to be as effective as last year. A lot of people just want to move on whatever the consequences. The longest lockdown in the world is taking its toll on the patience of many Melbournians. A lot of us still don't know anyone in the city who has contracted covid.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You might want to look at where the new cases are coming from. If still the northern and western suburbs, you may find the protests and Mornington have not contributed as much as you thought. I don't think you can expect lockdown to be as effective as last year. A lot of people just want to move on whatever the consequences. The longest lockdown in the world is taking its toll on the patience of many Melbournians. A lot of us still don't know anyone in the city who has contracted covid.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unfortunately can't read it as I have hit my monthly quota of 5 articles but gather some cases developed from the protest.
Are you a member of a Library? My library allows me to log in and read the Age in full without restrictions.

Unfortunately can't read it as I have hit my monthly quota of 5 articles but gather some cases developed from the protest.
Clear your search history and start again and again and again

I tried that twice and it didn't work. What if I am really interested I do is use the phone to look it up. Gives me another 5 articles.
I read articles for The Age in a chrome incognito window. That works most of the time, otherwise I search for a Sydney Morning Herald or Brisbane Times link.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I read articles for The Age in a chrome incognito window. That works most of the time, otherwise I search for a Sydney Morning Herald or Brisbane Times link.
Sydney Morning Herald or Brisbane Times often has the same article.

Sometimes I feel like chroming after I've read The Age.
Be careful if you chrome because its evidence is left for all to see, a big ring around your mouth depending on the colour of spray can selected. Also marks you as a ward of the state, who seem to be the main kids attracted by this practice. I can recall once going with the client to the paint shop in Knox where one of our more intimidating boys had purchased spray cans. The idea was to tell the owner not to supply them to him, but the boy had threatened to throw full cans of paint at him if he did not come up with the goods, and the owner was fairly keen on retaining the use of his life, so seemed likely to hand over the cans again and again if necessary. Given the boy's size and nature, I think I would have done the same thing.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think sadly the Biggest Problem in Melbourne that people don't care and Willing to Risk getting Covid just so they can do something
If you are vaccinated, covid is nowhere near as dangerous as a long term lockdown would imply. People who have done the 'right thing' by getting vaccinated just want to get on with life, knowing that the virus will only be mild should they catch it. Why should the lives of those who have been immunised be restricted by people not willing to be vaccinated? Time to get on with life as far as many of us are concerned.

If you are vaccinated, covid is nowhere near as dangerous as a long term lockdown would imply. People who have done the 'right thing' by getting vaccinated just want to get on with life, knowing that the virus will only be mild should they catch it. Why should the lives of those who have been immunised be restricted by people not willing to be vaccinated? Time to get on with life as far as many of us are concerned.

I been Fully Vaccinated since 24th of June and I get it's annoying that I am still under Strong Lockdown but I get why as we trying to Full Hospitals of people with Covid

People should get Vaccinated so the Chances of getting Covid is Minute

And so many lives lost from Dan Andrews bungled quarantine program.....

Well he is not Robinson Crusoe.

Then what about the Deaths last year when Glady let people off Boats into Sydney?

Back