Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Time and time again, Carlton get a new coach it's always lollypops and rainbows.. "We'll win a flag before Collingwood" ect.

1-2 years in they ask for the coaches sacked, never met a more delusional bunch.
They were spoilt in the 70’s & 80’s…thought it would continue forever.

All we need now is for the bomb outs to fail in their now emerging window, enough for us to take 16 before the two closest enemies.
They’re already both on 16? Don’t you mean 17?

So Clarkson has said he'd coach a Tasmanian team if their was one?

Hahaha I guess he'd rather coach a club that doesn't exist yet over coaching Carlton.
I definitely read him wanting to go help them get a team foundation sorted, but unsure if that involved coaching them a la Kevin Sheedy at GWS

What I meant was we get to 16 before they get to 17, at that point, given we're ahead in any other metric re finals and wins in general we'll be undisputed.
Also got a few chasing us now. Hawt, Rich and possibly Melb could all be on 13.

So Clarkson has said he'd coach a Tasmanian team if their was one?

Hahaha I guess he'd rather coach a club that doesn't exist yet over coaching Carlton.

Easy opportunity for Carlton now. Relocate to Hobart and change their name and logo.... and they have got their man

I was watching all those happy Melbourne fans and players celebrating last night

Was my dark heart moved ?

Of course

Joy filled me that the karma bus was still reversing over Carlton

Spare a thought for StKilda who have now inherited top spot on the drought ladder.

StKilda 1966
Carlton 1995
Fremantle est 1995
Adelaide 1998
north Melbourne 1999
Essendon 2000
Brisbane 2003
Port Adelaide 2004
Collingwood 2010
Gold Coast est 2011
Geelong 2011
Sydney 2012
GWS est 2012
hawthorn 2015
Western Bulldogs 2016
West Coast 2018
Richmond 2020
Melbourne 2021

Spare a thought for StKilda who have now inherited top spot on the drought ladder.

StKilda 1966
Carlton 1995
Fremantle est 1995
Adelaide 1998
north Melbourne 1999
Essendon 2000
Brisbane 2003
Port Adelaide 2004
Collingwood 2010
Gold Coast est 2011
Geelong 2011
Sydney 2012
GWS est 2012
hawthorn 2015
Western Bulldogs 2016
West Coast 2018
Richmond 2020
Melbourne 2021
I've got plenty of thoughts for St Kilda, none can be repeated on a family forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a great post tbh. might want to delete
ReallY?
Similar posts on the Carlton coaching thread, hence the "Apparently".
If you knew him you would know he was an irreverent bastard and would more than likely say the same himself.

So no. I won't be deleting.

ReallY?
Similar posts on the Carlton coaching thread, hence the "Apparently".
If you knew him you would know he was an irreverent bastard and would more than likely say the same himself.

So no. I won't be deleting.

As OP, I endorse the above post

This thread is not intended as a safe space against death nor a venue for black&white on black&white violence

Death does not spare comments about John Dorman, Cardboard Dick, George Harris et al

I wish John Dorman's family fond memories of their father

John Dorman remains a perpetrator of the '95 premiership cup theft

Onward

Last edited:
When you say 'go past them' that'd mean we're playing finals in two years time.

While that is possible, that'd be some sort meteoric rise, and development like the comp has never seen before. Not to mention a lineal trajectory upward, which is very rare.

That would also entail some drop off from the blose.
We went from spooners in 76 to grand finalista in 77, with a change of coach and minimal player turnover. It can be done.

We went from spooners in 76 to grand finalista in 77, with a change of coach and minimal player turnover. It can be done.

Yes from 12th to 2nd, much harder these days, even though we did it from 13th recently.

Now we're not anywhere that 13th place.

It can be done, but the development (coz we've cornered ourselves out of any decent trade ins) would be like no one has ever witnessed before. Plus all the other planets aligning.

While that is possible, that'd be some sort meteoric rise, and development like the comp has never seen before. Not to mention a lineal trajectory upward, which is very rare.

That would also entail some drop off from the blose.

We played finals the previous three years and most of the core of those teams is still in place. I think this year could very easily be a one year slump, like many teams have had over the years. Dees have gone: 4th, 17th, 9th, 1st.

We played finals the previous three years and most of the core of those teams is still in place. I think this year could very easily be a one year slump, like many teams have had over the years. Dees have gone: 4th, 17th, 9th, 1st.

Yes that's true but our list imbalance is not something the dees have had like we've got now, not to mention our current cap squeeze.

So yeah development is the only thing up our sleeve, we don't have much in the options of trading in. I'm not suggesting it's impossible but IF we do make a rise back to finals in a year or two that'll be on development and tons of luck (like injuries) and we know Collingwood and luck is like oil and water.

It has indeed been done before. Have a look who was 17th in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back