• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

eDPS PMBangers Souup - love your work and appreciate your insights.

How has lasts nights JHF performance changed your views (as in better)? Particularly around the concept of tiers. Still a group of 4 with Daicos, Darcy, Callaghan?

My novice view is a game like that in a final is as good a game from a draftee as you'll see. Thoughts? How does that performance compare to previous draftees? Given it was a preliminary etc etc?

Cheers

JHF most impressive part was making a impact in the last quarter in a Preliminary final. Great one on one too. Gee if he had kicked that goal on the run from 50 out. Could of turned the game.

eDPS PMBangers Souup - love your work and appreciate your insights.

How has lasts nights JHF performance changed your views (as in better)? Particularly around the concept of tiers. Still a group of 4 with Daicos, Darcy, Callaghan?

My novice view is a game like that in a final is as good a game from a draftee as you'll see. Thoughts? How does that performance compare to previous draftees? Given it was a preliminary etc etc?

Cheers
He and Daicos have always been ahead of Darcy and Callaghan to be fair, it's been a 'top four' because they all project to be top level players. I still think he and Daicos are a 1a and 1b where you're only picking one as 'better' due to role you're looking for, but a game like last nights is a fantastic resume bumper heading into the AFL for sure, hopefully they just put him on ice for the rest of the year and he can absolutely tear Round 1 apart

He and Daicos have always been ahead of Darcy and Callaghan to be fair, it's been a 'top four' because they all project to be top level players. I still think he and Daicos are a 1a and 1b where you're only picking one as 'better' due to role you're looking for, but a game like last nights is a fantastic resume bumper heading into the AFL for sure, hopefully they just put him on ice for the rest of the year and he can absolutely tear Round 1 apart

If you take out one game from Darcy where he kicked a bag of goals, then what does his body of work look like? I suspect Footscray is going to be stuck with another Ayce Cordy. Or worse still, Rhylee West.

If you take out one game from Darcy where he kicked a bag of goals, then what does his body of work look like? I suspect Footscray is going to be stuck with another Ayce Cordy. Or worse still, Rhylee West.
Just the one game? Then another 3 games of bags of goals 🎉

With talls you're generally rating them on traits and scope rather than performance and Darcy's got some really nice traits with his skills, marking and game sense that should translate well, with the added benefit of versatility to be genuinely impactful in the Ruck and down back as well. It's the same for guys like Mac Andrew and to a lesser extent Josh Gibcus, they haven't necessarily had any one massive performance that catches the eye on paper, but their athleticism and growth give you a good sense that they'll develop well and should, looking at it from a purely on field POV, be successful AFL players

When's the intra club?

Leaving Cunners and Jed out of it for now would love to see this match up

Goldie - Simpkin Thomas Phillips

CCJ - LDU Powell HF

Round 1 - they all will play but the starting 4 will be

Goldie - Cunners Thomas Simpkin

Wings - LDU and Powell

HF - Jed and JHF

Starting bench - Phillips...and maybe Lazzaro.

It's fair to say we are stacked for mids now!
Now we now starting to get some sort of mid field together just hope they all click at once mind you unless we get injuries in the pre season don’t think Anderson will start in the AFL unless Cunnington hasn’t recovered from his illness

After the grand final is finished North should have a press conference saying that Jason Horne- Francis will be their first pick when its their pick on draft night.. :laughv1:
In the real world as a club it would give us a PR and Membership boost .
But as we know it we arnt in the real world only the Covid world as we speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting re 'on the role you're looking for'. I think JHF fits our list need more. Style of play is a point of difference more so than Daicos. Curious who other clubs would have at number 1 now, Daicos or JHF.

Last edited:
Interesting re 'on the role you're looking for'. I think JHF fits our list need more. Style of play is a point of difference more so than Daicos. Curious who other clubs would have at number 1 now, Daicos or JHF.
Horne plays again today in the warm up match.
Picked at HF.
Lets see how he goes.

In the real world as a club it would give us a PR and Membership boost .
But as we know it we arnt in the real world only the Covid world as we speak.
And no doubt the AFL will stop it...carn't have North taking the limelight..

Clearly he's getting the plaudits based on 24 & 3, but man, we'd be losing the plot if it was 24 & 6 dragging south Cross the line.

The targeting he wouldve copped the next week though wouldve been nasty.

Let's face it, if there ever was doubt creeping in about increasing "production", it's well and truly gone now.

Kid is cake, icing and a ******* cherry on top.

Clearly he's getting the plaudits based on 24 & 3, but man, we'd be losing the ******* plot if it was 24 & 6 dragging south Cross the line.

The targeting he wouldve copped the next week though wouldve been nasty.

Let's face it, if there ever was doubt creeping in about increasing "production", it's well and truly gone now.

Kid is cake and icing at the same time.
just wish he didnt play today....... :(

Horne plays again today in the warm up match.
Picked at HF.
Lets see how he goes.

Where is this info? Cant find it - doesnt show selection on the afl page -https://www.afl.com.au/news/679778/young-guns-to-light-up-gf-day-check-out-full-teams-for-wa-sa-clash

I'd be surprised if he plays today after yesterdays outing

Where is this info? Cant find it - doesnt show selection on the afl page -https://www.afl.com.au/news/679778/young-guns-to-light-up-gf-day-check-out-full-teams-for-wa-sa-clash

I'd be surprised if he plays today after yesterdays outing
It came up earlier this week. I think it was in this thread.
It would have to have been a late night fight to Perth i assume.

Surely he hasn't hopped on a plane within hours of playing to fly interstate to play a second game in 24 hours? Brady should be packing him in cotton wool after last night's performance.

Back