Preview Grand Final: Melbourne v Bulldogs - Saturday 25th September 2021, 7.15pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of the Dogs. Would hate to see Schache get a medal before our boys do. Don't like Beveridge. Weightmans ducking pisses me off. So it's Dees for me.

The only serious question for me is 'what beer would go best with flintstone sized, slow cooked, sticky beef ribs?'. I'm leaning towards Guinness but I'm open to suggestions.

Not a fan of the Dogs. Would hate to see Schache get a medal before our boys do. Don't like Beveridge. Weightmans ducking pisses me off. So it's Dees for me.

The only serious question for me is 'what beer would go best with flintstone sized, slow cooked, sticky beef ribs?'. I'm leaning towards Guinness but I'm open to suggestions.
I would be extremely happy for Josh & Steff to receive a grand final medal should their team get over the line on Saturday night. Josh went through some serious mental anguish while playing for The Lions which he didn't think he would. There is nobody to blame nor any finger pointing for it all not working out the way we all expected/hoped it would. Both Josh & The Lions did their absolute best to make it work. Unfortunately it didn't and both The Lions & Josh have moved on. I wish him nothing but the best for the game.
As for Steff, delisted by Melbourne and then again delisted by us. What a triumph it would be should he win a flag on Saturday night. A nicer person and awesome family you would never meet.
That said, I would like the Bulldogs to take it out but my head says Melbourne have been the better side all year and providing they play their best footy, my tip is for Melbourne to win the 2021 Grand Final.

I’m happier for a Dees win. The only redeeming (see what I did there) part of a dogs win would be Stef and Josh.

Really hope we don’t get a Bottomsmelli Norm Smith. That would be THE worst outcome for the day

I’m happier for a Dees win. The only redeeming (see what I did there) part of a dogs win would be Stef and Josh.

Really hope we don’t get a Bottomsmelli Norm Smith. That would be THE worst outcome for the day

Yeah, nah fixed that on your post. No good will towards Josh whatsoever for mine. No particular bad feelings either, just don't care about him. Don't think of him as really being a Lion.

Stef I love to bits. Would despise a Dogs flag, Stef getting one would be the one ray of sunshine in a dismal s**t show of a weekend.

The only way I could bear seeing Bont getting the norm smith, is if it was similar to Bucks getting it in a losing team & ripping it off in disgust straight away.

The week off between the prelim and the GF is BS.

Feels like the excitement and anticipation has been blunted

I'd argued for years that a bye would be better before the GF rather than before finals, but now having experienced it, I don't like either.

The bye before the GF was mainly a covid precaution
Also in the back of AFL minds would be a concussion occurring to an important player/players in a PF
Lets hope covid does not play a part in the 2022 season

However the concussion rule still could give the AFL headaches (pun intended) during finals especially the GF in following years
I think it was Nick Riewoldt that commented he would take the AFL to court if the concussion rule made him ineligible to play in the GF.

I'm happy to see anyone win a GF. It's a career culmination and you know the joy will be shared by so many people who supported them on the journey from family to junior coaches and former teammates.

Good luck to both teams, just hoping for a cracking game. Dees by 5.

I haven't posted in the Brisbane section for many years. Not since my falling out with a few people here.

And those people are aware of my soft spot for the Demons.

And now I ******* hate the AFL in its entirety that I don't care about any club.

This Saturday is going to be tough. Sentimentality has to go to the Dees. Nit and Grit goes to the Dogs.

I'm tipping Dees by 12 points. See sawing affair deep in the forth. Dees to find something.

I haven't posted in the Brisbane section for many years. Not since my falling out with a few people here.

And now I ******* hate the AFL in its entirety that I don't care about any club.

This Saturday is going to be tough. Sentimentality has to go to the Dees. Nit and Grit goes to the Dogs.

I'm tipping Dees by 12 points. See sawing affair deep in the forth. Dees to find something.

You're back brother! I think that toughest part of this GF will be staying awake. I'm normally hitting the pillow by 9pm most nights. Should be a cracking match.

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 21-57-41 AFLM Stats - Upcoming Games.png

Melbourne Western Bulldogs
(0 to 10 games)10
0 to 24 games11
25 to 49 games51
50 to 99 games29
100 to 199 games1411
200+ games00
Games played101.45115.73
Age25.0226.44
Height187.36188.36
Finals played3.186.23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a feeling this could be one of the great grand finals (by modern standards). Warming to Melbourne, think Big Maxy will be the difference.

I hate the AFL, too, but that doesn't stop me from hanging 'round with all the anti-intellectuals and deadbeats on here.

Nice to see you again, old bean.

Nice to see you back , Sorry you have gone off footy .

Drawn Game Rules: This is a big change from previous rule. Unlikely to happen but nice to know the rules.
Hopefully commentators get it correct as i am sure they will bring it up at some stage
Taken from AFL site article today. Also has "match day running sheet" times for the day
What happens if scores are level at full-time?
1. There is a six-minute break
2. Teams change ends
3. Three minutes of additional time shall be played, plus time-on
4. At the end of the first additional time period, the siren will sound and teams will immediately change ends without a break
5. The ball will be bounced (or thrown up) in the centre and a further three minutes of play (plus time-on) will commence
6. At the conclusion of this period, the siren will sound and the team with the highest score is declared the winner
7. If scores are still tied, steps 2-7 are repeated until a result is determined.
Interchange cap: Clubs shall receive 10 interchanges for each two three-minute periods. Any leftover interchanges from each period of Additional Time would not carry over into a subsequent period.
Runners: Runners may access the playing arena after a goal or a significant stoppage in play (eg. a stretcher is called). Runners are also permitted to access the playing arena at the conclusion of each three minute (plus time-on) period of Additional Time as players are changing ends.

Hey Jivlain, where is the free for and against stat? 😀

Seriously I am a great admirer of your work👍
Used averages as ranking would be skewed as all teams have played a different number of game to date

Dogs: FF 19.3 (rank 7) FA 16.1 (rank 18)
Dees: FF 19.0 (rank 9) FA 19.3 (rank 5)

Lions; FF 20.0 (rank 2) FA 20.8 (rank 2)

Happy for Josh and Stef to be playing in the big game. I wish them both well. Bye will help Dogs but I think Dees will get it done - they have been the best side this year and would like to see them win for their long suffering supporters and for Jimmy Stynes - Dean Bailey and Neale Daniher.

Best bet off the day is Doggies over 10.5 throws for the days and not one free kick for any of them!

Gawn may well be the difference. Dees by 23. Gawn to win the Normie.

White Rabbit Dark Ale.....not as heavy as Guinness but smooth and tasty.......only fault 330ml bottle.......drink out of ur fav mug instead.

Yeah, nah fixed that on your post. No good will towards Josh whatsoever for mine. No particular bad feelings either, just don't care about him. Don't think of him as really being a Lion.

Stef I love to bits. Would despise a Dogs flag, Stef getting one would be the one ray of sunshine in a dismal sh*t show of a weekend.

The only way I could bear seeing Bont getting the norm smith, is if it was similar to Bucks getting it in a losing team & ripping it off in disgust straight away.
I am torn between umpire 8 0r 9 for the Norm Smith. Still bitterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Good to have you back Chez.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back