Game Day TOTAL DEECOMBOBULATION - 2021 AFL Grand Final - Footscray v Melbourne - Let's make it 1954 all over again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They earned it, our boys had their chances and couldn’t keep up with the momentum.

Disappointing to run out of gas the way they did.

I think a few of our fringe players who played so well against Port couldn't back it up. Our side's Achilles Heel all season has been an over reliance on a star inner group. These guys kept us in this game for over half a match without being able to break the Dees, once they tired, not enough other players stepped up to stop the breech. Dees too even a team for all other comers this year. We have to work on retaining our quality and looking to improve the list further over the next season or two. Window may still be open for us but it is going to take some changes in personnel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They earned it, our boys had their chances and couldn’t keep up with the momentum.

You’re right. We had chances mid way in the 3rd Q to put Melbourne away and take a 5-6 goal lead at the break, instead we didn’t convert and when we needed our midfield to stand up, they didn’t.

Shattered, shame the scoreboard has blown out and won't reflect the first 2.5 quarters. Well played Melbourne, clearly deserve the win. We'll be back.

Hard to watch but much more bearable after 2016, if any team were going to do it over us Melbourne aren't a bad option.

Win, lose or draw, I feel disconnected from this season like last season. Weird feeling. Hopefully win, lose or draw next year, things are back to some normality next year. I miss going to the footy.

Honestly we’ve been beaten most of the night.

First quarter we should have been down by 30.

Then very strong for 1.5 quarters.

After that well done Dees. We haven’t been opened up like this in a long time.

I think you might be right. I got caught up in it when we were three goals up but I think the best team all year - and overall in this game obviously- has ended up premiers.

So media blackout for me for the next few weeks. And brace yourselves for all the deadsh1ts from other clubs landing on here tonight. I'd suggest a large scale logout after the game. Don't get sucked in to responding, its not worth it.

Good advice. Roll on 2022 everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back