Autopsy Post 2021 Grand Final Western Bulldogs game review, the good the bad and the ugly, come talk about it here!

Remove this Banner Ad

No one likes to watch their boys get assaulted when they're already dead. Which is what happened. The dees managed to break our back in the third and became superhumans because they knew what was at the end of the rainbow. It happens. This Melbourne team is awesome. Congratulations to them.

I am so proud of these boys. This was an awesome squad and we confronted plenty of adversity this year and overcame it with flying colours. In some years this was a premiership quality team. Just not in 2021.

Credit to Bevo for carrying the club through a tough season and for leading a mob that love and play for you.

Credit to the players that endured a brutal 2 months really but nearly took us to the promised land. I will look back on this season so fondly.

We have happy memories behind us and great times in front of us. Enjoy the off season crew and keep enjoying footy for the right reasons. Appreciate the art of the game and look for the things that bring you joy.

Go dogs. Can't wait for another great journey with you next year.

Last edited:

Mad Monday after losing a GF, in (for most of them) a city far away from home, after being in quarantine for most of 5 weeks. Hope the players let their down in a safe environment.

Genuinely haven't been this disappointed in the team in a while.

Might be a bit over-the-top but I'm just not sure how we can play so poorly in the last 45 minutes.

Some efforts were disgusting to watch. Namely Bailey Smith letting Salem run right through him and pick up the ball. Several others.
Don't do it to yourself. The Dees flicked a switch like they did against Geelong and were far too good. The result blew out but they were that good.

Before I gather my thoughts I want to say well done to the Dees. Their structure held up, and were consistently the best side all year. Their strength in the contest in being able to escape our tackles was noticeable. Enjoy the spoils.

I‘m still proud of our efforts in 2021.

Real shame at how badly that went so quickly. Takes the shine off what was an incredible performance to get to this point of the season.

Beaten by a better team. No shame in that, we were right on top halfway through the third quarter but they turned it on and we didn’t have another gear and couldn’t slow them down.

Still proud of our season. Found a few players and it was thoroughly enjoyable apart from the last three weeks of the season and the last 45 minutes tonight. The past few grand finalists who have got shellackings have struggled big time backing up the next season. Hopefully we break that trend.

Treloar, Bont and Daniel were our best today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our mids just stopped dead.
Games into JUH and Richards next year please
Disappointing no one stepped up when we needed it

Don't do it to yourself. The Dees flicked a switch like they did against Geelong and were far too good. The result blew out but they were that good.
We aren't 70 points worse than the Dees. We certainly aren't 10 straight goals, in what seemed to be 15 minutes of play, worse than the Dees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back