vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Pretty sure I saw Luke Jackson shout "you can trade me to Freo now!" in that huddle after kicking that goal

wafti123

Senior List
Jul 17, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Good on Ed and Melbourne. Even Colin Sylvia gets a mention from Max.

noise36

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Zzz by the end of the third after looking like a classic at the start of the third quarter.

Best team won, petracca a beast with 40 touches and 2 goals.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Zzz by the end of the third after looking like a classic at the start of the third quarter.

Best team won, petracca a beast with 40 touches and 2 goals.

What? All tied up with 2 minutes left in the third, and just awesome to watch the demolition over the next 20 minutes. Good to watch and great game overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Its a pity the game never seems to live up to all the hype most years. Bulldogs would surely have to put English up after that game.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Bulldogs got up by 3 goals and then absolutely capitulated in about 10 minutes, complete and utter demolition from the centre and stoppages with barely a pulse by the Bullies apart from the second quarter.

Westerberg

Team Captain
Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
This give's me a lot of hope! We've never been in anywhere near as deep and dark a hole as Melbourne was in those tanking years.
With a bit of luck and some good drafting it can turn quickly 🤞

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting to note that while Melbourne played well all season, they were struggling to hit the scoreboard with Tom McDonald as their only key tall forward. Since they brought Ben Brown into the side they've been unstoppable. The Ben Brown effect.

Bet he's spewing North didn't want him any more.

This give's me a lot of hope! We've never been in anywhere near as deep and dark a hole as Melbourne was in those tanking years.

Don't discount how crucial trading/FA acquisitions of May and Lever (both 1st choice KPD), Langdon, and Ben Brown has been.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle

Go back 12 months ago i remember when we beat the dees in cairns and knocked them out of the finals race. Their fans were so deflated i was listening to talkback the following day in Melbourne they probably felt a premiership was further away than ever. There were blokes calling in that were in there mid 60s i think were at the end of their teather.

Richmond 5 years ago were similar they couldn't have imagined the dynasty they had

Back