Game Day 2021 AFL Grand Final: Melbourne vs Bulldogs @ Perth Stadium, 25th September

Remove this Banner Ad

if we dont win next year with buddy still kicking goals, we'll be at least another 5 years away imo

Tell me what will put us in the window in 5 years without Buddy as to where we are at now. If we don't win it in the next 2 years we might as well continue the rebuild for another 10 years. Parker will be gone in 5 years, Heeney will have seen his best days and Gulden, Campbell and McDonald may never become what they are capable of. Buddy should be a contributor next year but it is up to Heeney who has the ability to go to a Petracca type level just as Petracca has gone to a Dusty Level. You need a superstar to set the standard for a good team.

Tell me what will put us in the window in 5 years without Buddy as to where we are at now. If we don't win it in the next 2 years we might as well continue the rebuild for another 10 years. Parker will be gone in 5 years, Heeney will have seen his best days and Gulden, Campbell and McDonald may never become what they are capable of. Buddy should be a contributor next year but it is up to Heeney who has the ability to go to a Petracca type level just as Petracca has gone to a Dusty Level. You need a superstar to set the standard for a good team.

We dont have forwards that can kick goals

Need a bit of luck, Demons fixed their Defence with Lever/May then got Brown for free basically.

We'll end up fixing Defence or Fwd (when Bud retires) but McLean, McDonald not sure if we're gna be kicking many goals with those two at their age so its a long wait again until our key fwds develop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t found any yet. I’ll keep looking but I don’t like my chances.

Any other club (well most of them), I have a little bit of empathy, as we know the feeling of getting stuffed on grand final is like. But I hope the next 10 grand finals they make are like that for the doggies. A long time until I have any empathy for them, but then I'm one to hold a grudge I guess ;)

Any other club (well most of them), I have a little bit of empathy, as we know the feeling of getting stuffed on grand final is like. But I hope the next 10 grand finals they make are like that for the doggies. A long time until I have any empathy for them, but then I'm one to hold a grudge I guess ;)

I’d like hawthorn to have the same fate too

I’d like hawthorn to have the same fate too

It is 20 grand finals for them however.

That 2014 day was awful for how we played, but their fan base where I was in the 'G made it truly one of the most awful days I've ever had at the footy. The on field action was a terrible watch, and the drunk disgusting yobs in wee and poo made it dreadful in the stands.

At least the dogs fans near me in 2016 won with some grace, even if they haven't found a way to recognise the enormous fortune they had that day.

Dogs supporters are long time lurkers on this board and seeing we can't go to their board and tell them what we think I will say it here for them to read.

Copped your right whack and could not have happened to a nicer bunch of tin rattling *****.

23rd, 24th and 25th team members went missing tonight. Oh ! And Weightman was Gary Rohan esque.

Last edited:
And the G.Rohan award for Zero Impact in a Final goes to: Aaron Naughton.

1632575917926.png

Look at Melbourne's squiggle go! Best team in the comp this year by some margin.

Dogs supporters are long time lurkers on this board and seeing we can't go to their board and tell them what we think I will say it here for them to read.

Copped your right and whack and could not have happened to a nicer bunch of tin rattling *****.

23rd, 24th and 25th team members went missing tonight. Oh ! And Weightman was Gary Rohan esque.

Loving some comments on their board that no one was beating Melbourne tonight. While that may be true, deflecting from holding a 3 goal lead and looking like dominating before completely pooping the bed.

the Petracca -Oliver combination is very impressive. the Melbourne mids just had such great strength. It's going to take some coaching strategy to beat them, especially as our emerging mids have a different skill set. (Also, one of the main benefits of going to the GF live is not have to put up with drivelling commentators like BT and JB). Cometti on the radio is quite good. (His offsider is a goose though. think it's Embley)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back