Game Day 2021 AFL Grand Final - Dogs vs Demons @Optus Stadium 25/09/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Grats to Melbourne but it's a weird feeling. I'm happy for their fans but seething with jealousy at the same time.

they were immense tho and you get the feeling there are more flags on the way. At least it'll be more bearable than the Richmond and Hawks dynasties

Grats to Melbourne but it's a weird feeling. I'm happy for their fans but seething with jealousy at the same time.

they were immense tho and you get the feeling there are more flags on the way. At least it'll be more bearable than the Richmond and Hawks dynasties
Agree. Actually was a very likeable GF matchup. Wouldn't have minding the Dogs winning as well.

Max Gawn said their missing ingredient was their closeness on the field – celebrating each other’s goals etc. Reckon there’s something in that for us

Btw. I like Luke Jackson's 80s action star haircut.

No better feeling than your boss letting you go half an hour early and then sneaking into the crowd to watch the last five minutes. That eruption when the siren went was euphoric. I screamed my ******* lungs out, I'm so happy for Melbourne, such a deserved flag.

I know I'm going to bawl my eyes out when we win though.

What? All tied up with 2 minutes left in the third, and just awesome to watch the demolition over the next 20 minutes. Good to watch and great game overall.

Yeah it seems weird to say about a 70 point flogging, but I thought it was a really interesting battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Btw. I like Luke Jackson's 80s action star haircut.
It's a shocker. However his efforts were brilliant and pretty much a key part of their good start and kept them in it during the Dogs charge in the 2nd & 3rd, kick-starting their surge home as well.

It's a shocker. However his efforts were brilliant and pretty much a key part of their good start and kept them in it during the Dogs charge in the 2nd & 3rd, kick-starting their surge home as well.
His appetite to compete is huge and he wins or halves most contests he gets to. He was hugely influential when they started clicking into gear in the 3rd.

His appetite to compete is huge and he wins or halves most contests he gets to. He was hugely influential when they started clicking into gear in the 3rd.
Absolutely, he also has a clear head under pressure and makes good choices with more time than seems he rightfully has.

All that was evident in his U18 carnival campaign too.

Was awesome wasn’t it. Bonts kicked his third to put them up 59-40 with 9.30 left in the third. The rest was just everything coming together so perfectly on the biggest stage. Don’t think ever witnessed such complete game live. Just the synergy of the midfield group, very jealous.
Oliver is just as good as Petracca. Langdon and Brayshaw the wings so perfecty.

And that’s why you play three tall forwards. Brown, McDonald and Jackson were too much.

So Ed Langdon joins an exclusive club of 5 players who win a premiership after leaving Fremantle.

1996 & 1999 - Peter Bell - North Melbourne
1999 - Winston Abraham - North Melbourne
2008 - Trent Croad - Hawthorn
2010 - Leigh Brown - Collingwood
2021 - Ed Langdon - Melbourne

This doesn't include players who won a premiership before joining Fremantle. Peter Bell played in 1995 for Freo so i have included him.

Btw i forgot Harley Bennell was at Melbourne last year. Imagine if Melbourne got him right and he played last night this forum would have exploded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back