Game Day 2021 AFL Grand Final: Melbourne vs Bulldogs @ Perth Stadium, 25th September

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping this game breaks the back on the MCG stranglehold on the Grand Final. Stadium and atmosphere looked great. Let the best team of the year have a home GF even if it's interstate.
You mean the stadium with another 50 year contract that will look just as pretty with lights on the ground when they make the final at night?

Never gonna happen

Finished 17th just 2 years ago with the same midfield setup.

Football is pretty funny.

Great work by Goodwin to keep them working to the plan. Could have very easily gone the other way where players became used to losing and unwilling to do what was required to reach the pinnacle. Also shows they have a group of mentally tough players who were able to persevere through the short term pain and claim the ultimate prize. Well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't the Dogs supposed to have the best and deepest midfield in the comp though?

They stopped chasing. Treloar was very good but Squibba, McRae and even Dunks let them down.

Honestly, I don't know if this shows how important, or unimportant speed is in the midfield. Both teams don't have fast midfields, but when either team was ontop it looked like the other team couldn't catch them. Honestly I think speed is more important for the defensive side than the offensive side of the midfield.

Honestly, I don't know if this shows how important, or unimportant speed is in the midfield. Both teams don't have fast midfields, but when either team was ontop it looked like the other team couldn't catch them. Honestly I think speed is more important for the defensive side than the offensive side of the midfield.
That break away speed from pertraca changed the game

Just goes to show again, you get the high picks and nail them and you are away.

We need to hope Mills and Heeney get to the level of Oliver and Petracca. Not far off, but not there yet.

And McDonald and Stephens have to play a lot of senior football next year.

I thought that was a very overrated performance. Did a couple of flashy things early but not much influence after that. That was a strange game with not any real standout players on the ground. Buchanan should have won it imo.
You spelt LRT wrong

Langdon on the wing was crucial and Petracca obviously has breakaway speed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back