Roast Leon Davis Medalist

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pickett was tentative in attacking the ball and a victim of the Dees not sharing the ball at all well early. But his defensive efforts led directly to a couple of turnovers and he had little moments like a great shepherd to free up Tracc for the dribble goal.

Until late in the game Tom McDonald was the worst on for the Dees and probably worst on ground.

Still I prefer the nominations of Hannan or Weightman, both of whom did little in attack and didn't generate a lot of pressure.

Left field nom - Lachie Hunter - 16 touches on a wing, did stuff all with them and snag a goal from blatant cheating.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Cody Weightman

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Picket did quite a few things that he got no stats for. Created at least one goal with pressure. Not good but not terrible.
Tommy Mac didn't do much but competed.

Weightman was just completely owned by Rivers.
Hannan had a stinker.
Hunter got a few touches but was pretty useless .

Kossie had 23 pressure acts (eight most on the ground) and 3 tackles I50. Clearly his worst game but still did his part. Manufactured a couple of goals early.

Weightman clearly the clubhouse leader, esp considering the context of his final against Essendon.

Left field nom - Lachie Hunter - 16 touches on a wing, did stuff all with them and snag a goal from blatant cheating.

Spot on. That is who I was thinking of.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Weightman at least looked like he was having a red hot crack.

The idea manifestation of Nathan Jones was more deserving of a medal than Pickett last night.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

Hunter was super in the first half without needing many touches. Got the footy in so many damaging positions and set up a bunch of their second quarter goals and kicked one himself. Bad nomination.

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it wasnt noticed and he hid it? to the disadvantage of his side, can't blame him, you don't want to go off in the first Q of your first GF

Selfish football by Weightman

Cost the dogs a goal by trying for a hanger on line. Should have just put a block on his opponent and the ball would have gone trough.
Then played on when obviously not seeing straight

I’m surprised no-one has mentioned Josh Schache. Not that he deserves it.

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Has to be the diver Cody Weightman right?

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
Here I was thinking this thread would’ve been about James Jordan getting a medal without playing the game, like Davis in 2010 replay.

How must he feel this morning? Denied the chance of getting on the ground because no-one got injured.

I remember when I was playing footy and I got called up to the senior team last minute. We ended up flogging the team we were playing - I sat on the bench for pretty much the whole game. Got a run in the last five minutes - took a mark, set up a goal and got a forward 50 tackle. After the game, I could at least say, I did my part, as small as it was - the coach even pointed it out post match. When we were singing the club song, I at least felt I deserved to be there. But if I hadn't got on the ground, I reckon it would have felt pretty hollow.

I detest the medical sub rule and I predicted ages ago some poor bugger would be denied the chance of a lifetime.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
How must he feel this morning? Denied the chance of getting on the ground because no-one got injured.

I remember when I was playing footy and I got called up to the senior team last minute. We ended up flogging the team we were playing - I sat on the bench for pretty much the whole game. Got a run in the last five minutes - took a mark, set up a goal and got a forward 50 tackle. After the game, I could at least say, I did my part, as small as it was - the coach even pointed it out post match. When we were singing the club song, I at least felt I deserved to be there. But if I hadn't got on the ground, I reckon it would have felt pretty hollow.

I detest the medical sub rule and I predicted ages ago some poor bugger would be denied the chance of a lifetime.
He would have been a reserve if they didn't have the sub, they can't pick the whole squad.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
He would have been a reserve if they didn't have the sub, they can't pick the whole squad.

At least as an emergency you know once the team takes the field, that's it you're not playing. Plus emergencies don't get a medal.

The commentators were calling for someone to fake an injury to get him on the ground.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Cody Flopman set the tone early - think it was in the first or second qtr where he went to ground and looked straight at the umpire and pleaded. Just disgraceful. The kid has talent but he's already created a rep for being a flopper.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
At least as an emergency you know once the team takes the field, that's it you're not playing. Plus emergencies don't get a medal.

The commentators were calling for someone to fake an injury to get him on the ground.
After the game it doesn't matter either way, he just gets a medal, it's up to him how he values that medal.

IMO, anyone who played during the year is part of it and should all get a medal, what about the poor bloke who plays all year and gets injured?

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely Basil gets a mention. Has one job and completely butchers it:

Announces the Norm while Embley stands awkwardly to the side

Doesn’t even allow the coach to open his mouth

This is why the GF should never leave the G!

I'm a firm believer that the GF always being at the MCG (other than at Waverley or the Gabba of course) is a relic.

But Craig Willis or GTFO. Should be exempt from quarantine.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Weightman and Pickett were equally as irrelevant, but like the Norm Smith in reverse, you have to give it to the losing team.

Congratulations Cody Weightman - Leon Davis medallist 2021.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Easily Tom McDonald. I was half expecting one of his teammates to run past and give him a clip so he could be subbed out

Back