Autopsy 2021 Grand Final - Dees are Premiers

Who will win the AFL Grand Final?

• Western Bulldogs

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

how was basil zepelis forgeting to let Goody say a few words in the presentation, actually iam surprised he remembered his name!

Yeah, noticed that. Usually the coach says something but Goody didn't get the chance. Baz probably thought 60k were there to see him.

Speaking of the presentation, when does having Auskickers presenting the medals get the boot? Surely it's soon. The biggest moment in a footballer's life and they get some kid to awkwardly hand the medal, shake hands and get given a hat. If that's not cringeworthy enough, one of the cuter kids gets miked up so we hear them cheesily parrot "You're my favourite player". Obviously the players don't care but the AFL have been doing it for nearly 20 years and it never fails to embarrass.

Yeah, noticed that. Usually the coach says something but Goody didn't get the chance. Baz probably thought 60k were there to see him.

Speaking of the presentation, when does having Auskickers presenting the medals get the boot? Surely it's soon. The biggest moment in a footballer's life and they get some kid to awkwardly hand the medal, shake hands and get given a hat. If that's not cringeworthy enough, one of the cuter kids gets miked up so we hear them cheesily parrot "You're my favourite player". Obviously the players don't care but the AFL have been doing it for nearly 20 years and it never fails to embarrass.

Put 'em in satin blue tracksuits. Sure to be a winner.

I love seeing the little kids do this MM. I feel like it enhances the moment & is delightfully humbling and sweet. From where it starts at Auskick to the pinnacle of footy achievement as a premiership player is a link worth showcasing in that moment.

Very happy for Brown to have won a flag, but a bit over the "North was a nasty old club who sacked him and now he's a premiership player while they're 18th" reporting lol

Not exactly a true telling of events

Very happy for Brown to have won a flag, but a bit over the "North was a nasty old club who sacked him and now he's a premiership player while they're 18th" reporting lol

Not at all a true telling of events. But it's a good story. Would have been asking too much for BBB to hose it down a bit, but he just became a premiership player so why would he?

In the meantime, the Dees are 1st and we're last, so we just have to suck it up.

I love seeing the little kids do this MM. I feel like it enhances the moment & is delightfully humbling and sweet. From where it starts at Auskick to the pinnacle of footy achievement as a premiership player is a link worth showcasing in that moment.

It's not the moment for humbling and sweet. Guaranteed not one player has gone up to get his medal and thought "How sweet. I feel so humble." It's a corporate obligation so that NAB get their name inserted into the pinnacle moment of the sport.

Not at all a true telling of events. But it's a good story. Would have been asking too much for BBB to hose it down a bit, but he just became a premiership player so why would he?

In the meantime, the Dees are 1st and we're last, so we just have to suck it up.

Nah, stuff em. They have to give us the cup now

Winners are grinners losers can please themselves......or pleasure themselves....can't quite remember

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the moment for humbling and sweet. Guaranteed not one player has gone up to get his medal and thought "How sweet. I feel so humble." It's a corporate obligation so that NAB get their name inserted into the pinnacle moment of the sport.
This is just so ridiculously and unnecessarily cynical. It's a great thing for the kids and a reminder of where it all begins. I don't think the players care who gives them the medal, but for the kids it's something that lasts a lifetime.

Take out nasty - what is incorrect? We sacked him. Not unhappy with the decision but we withdrew a contract offer and told him to look elsewhere.

Not sure that is true. The act of bowing the head & crouching down is innately humbling. The involvement of the kids makes it sweet, for me.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. To me it looks unnecessarily awkward and cheesy. Each to their own I guess.

Take out nasty - what is incorrect? We sacked him. Not unhappy with the decision but we withdrew a contract offer and told him to look elsewhere.

Fair bit of hyperbole around it all. Treated like he was flat out unwanted. The whole process started with him rejecting a sensible offer from us. Relationship broke down on both sides.

Not exactly true …
Us : We offered $ x years
BB : wanted more $ & years
Us: Told him to wait till season end
Crap Covid season 2020 plus He got injured with his knee etc…
Us: said you are now not worth what we offered originally how about this ? (Less)
BB; said no , want more still.
Us: go & explore your trade options

Last edited:
A lot better than 98, not as good as 96.

TBH 70s was a lot better than the 90s, that team in the late 70s was insanely good.
It was better because we had experienced a lot of s**t prior. You are right, the late 70's team was fantastic we had winners everywhere.

Last edited:
The carry on about Brown you'd think he won the Norm Smith, B&F, Coleman and Brownlow.

Good luck to him, he stumbled in a premiership team. Lucky he didn't chose Freo or *.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Calling it now.
Melbourne vs North - Round 1 - MCG - Seven (our first televised game in 20 rounds)
Just so the likes of BT & Daisey can stick the boots in about Brown again while they raise the premiership flag.

Not exactly true .
Us : We offered $
BB : wanted more
Us: Told him to wait till season end
He got injured knee
Us: said you are not worth what we offered originally
You want more still ?
Hi & explore your trade options
Correct - we sacked him. Told him to look elsewhere.

Fair bit of hyperbole around it all. Treated like he was flat out unwanted. The whole process started with him rejecting a sensible offer from us. Relationship broke down on both sides.
He was flat out unwanted. I agree media can spin it that we are the big bad nasty men. But we did tell him to find another club. Not sure why a few on here are so touchy about this.

We didn’t want Ben. It is fact.

We could have kept him on a much reduced contract compared to the initial offer. We stopped negotiating and asked him to look for another club.

A lot on here also said he was so one dimensional and he could never be part of a successful team.

He is a very good player as demonstrated by his time with us and his great game last night in a grand final.

we would be much better if we had kept him but probably would be a few spots up the ladder.

be happy a very good north person got a flag and played a big part in getting us Horne-Francis.

Back