May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I like both teams so not too fussed who wins. Probably leaning towards the Panthers though as I grew up in the Blue Mountains so have always had a soft spot for them. I probably would have been a Panthers supporter but back in the 80s they were too pathetic to even consider supporting for a young kid.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I'm really looking forward to it too. I really hope Penrith win it, they have played some great rugby all seasons (with a few forgivable blips), and I never expected them to get past the Storm, who looked nailed on, as I guess most people thought. But they did, and fair play to them. And it would be a nice moment for my mate, and his dad, who played for Penrith.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Even though I have to admit that my dislike of the Rabbitohs is diminishing a bit, because it would be churlish to deny that they've been playing some great footy recently, there's still Latrell and his cheap shots, and God know, I cannot warm to that miserable sod Bennett. But, OTOH, they have Benji. If the Bunnies win, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him get another ring. For me, a guy who is everything that is great about our sport.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I dislike both the panthers and rabbitohs. As a neutral, theres usually a team in a GF to root for. Easy to root for....like Cronulla to beat Melbourne, Cowboys to beat Broncos, and such. I guess if i had to find one itd be Panthers only because of the GF winning tallies. A team with less titles to catch up than teams with so many to keep pulling away.

On this point...the NRL tally is really blown out, theres just two teams now way ahead of everyone else, and due to the mergers, the dragons and tigers tallies frozen forever there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is actually a really fascinating fixture - in terms of match-ups and drama.

More fuel to the fire between the NSW Origin halves matchups - Luai/Cleary vs Walker/Reynolds but also starting NSW hooker Cook vs back-up hooker Api. Then the lock battle between Yeo and Murray.

Souths forwards are getting the steam engine rolling and it's now full steam ahead.

Last edited:

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think penrith defence will get them home. Their attack is off but they have won finals scoring 8 and 10 points. I think souths will miss latrell.

I know souths got them in week one but can they beat them twice in a month.

Penrith also lost a GF last year and generally teams dont lose B2B GF's. I think the roosters 2003-04 were the last team to do so

That tackle was nearly as bad as Aloiai's but not quite.

This is why it’s stupid for injuries to be taken into account. How on earth can Aloiai get 3-4 weeks and Cleary get none. He really is a protected species

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is why it’s stupid for injuries to be taken into account. How on earth can Aloiai get 3-4 weeks and Cleary get none. He really is a protected species
It’s not really stupid for injuries to be taken into account. Especially when you set the system up like a psuedo court.

It does mean that you get lucky/unlucky sometimes but if the system goes offence first (is it a suspendable action) then determines the severity of the penalty based on the outcome, it makes perfect sense.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Grand Final between Penrith and South Sydney is scheduled to take place at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium for the first time ever on Sunday night and while the Premier didn’t specifically mention the game at her press conference on Thursday, the new restrictions mean crowd capacity will be cut to 75 per cent.

Suncorp Stadium has a capacity of 52,500 and more than 50,000 tickets have already been sold for the match, meaning roughly 12,000 fans will need to hand back their tickets.

Eeeeeeesh, id say they got a lucky break with it being 2 NSW teams, imagine an all QLD final and asking people to hand back tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back