• Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's insane. Play him a couple years at half forward

But we have too many medium forwards.

Seriously, if the club don't pick him up there isn't a microwave in the world big enough for our memberships, even if they are digital.

Pure class and jets. Will be unstoppable once the body fills out. And like TT, will run through the midfield as well.

Cunners should stick around after he hangs the boots and be the don't argue coach for JHF, TT, Cam and Ford. Sleevo will not fill out.

Same school, same local club I’m pretty sure and same SANFL club. One year apart you’d think they’d definitely run in same circles.

Nope.

Powell went to Scotch and played junior football for Unley and then Sturt.

Horne is from Christies Beach football club and South Adelaide. Horne dropped out of school last year in year 11 also.

Fair distance apart.

Powell is a private school boy from an exclusive area in Adelaide. Horne public schooled from a working class area. Might be mates but definitely a different story. Spicer and horne are mates and so are their partners, although I think Phoenix is recently single

Powell is a private school boy from an exclusive area in Adelaide. Horne public schooled from a working class area. Might be mates but definitely a different story. Spicer and horne are mates and so are their partners, although I think Phoenix is recently single
Oooh he is!

Good, get him a Melbourne girl.

No way we're not picking Horne Francis. No recruiting team is going to trash their reputations trying to be cute on a guy with his athletic and skill profile. Throw in the fact that he's thriving against Men at such a young age. The risk reward incentive is not there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF didn't go to a private school ... will that be a relevant factor in our decision-making?😏
The schooling aspect is probably the most over-discussed aspect on bf when it comes to list management and drafting.

Nope.

Powell went to Scotch and played junior football for Unley and then Sturt.

Horne is from Christies Beach football club and South Adelaide. Horne dropped out of school last year in year 11 also.

Fair distance apart.
Yep way off, I stand corrected. Clearly over excited.

I just can’t shake the similarities between JHF and:

- Gablett Snr marking and his killer instinct up forward. Also his gait is almost identical

- Sloan with his defensive running and all-round midfield ability when running through The middle.

A pretty awesome combo.

Brady and Nobes have their own blueprint that they are following, but if they are looking at the success of Melbourne’s midfield pressure as inspiration, they should feel comfortable that Jy, Jed, JHF, Powell, Thomas and Willips can provide similar in the years to come.

No way we're not picking Horne Francis. No recruiting team is going to trash their reputations trying to be cute on a guy with his athletic and skill profile. Throw in the fact that he's thriving against Men at such a young age. The risk reward incentive is not there.
We won't. But Freo did it years ago with Stephen Hill over Rich.

We won't. But Freo did it years ago with Stephen Hill over Rich.
Rich may have been initially but I don’t think with the benefit of hindsight they stuffed that pick too badly
Was at the time controversial but they still got a good 200+ game player

Rich dropped all the way to 7. He wasn't a can't miss, obvious pick like JHF. It was just because the WA clubs had picks 2 and 3 that year.
He was a fairly mature mid, don’t seem to recall the other teams really needing a player like him
Still think Hill was a bit underrated (even by me first up)
May be a tad controversial but still don’t believe Bris ended up that great with Rich

Back