Roast Leon Davis Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Weightman sucked but Pickett’s side won by 13 goals and he still contributed nothing. How that’s doable is beyond me.

Weightman at least tried. Pickett had 4 touches, 0 marks and was scoreless. Extraordinary

Pickett actually caused 3 turnovers that resulted in goals and gave Petracca enough distance with a shepherd for his 2nd. I'd say "he tried"...

Cody Flopman set the tone early - think it was in the first or second qtr where he went to ground and looked straight at the umpire and pleaded. Just disgraceful. The kid has talent but he's already created a rep for being a flopper.

Showed enough determination and courage when he smacked into the goal post that it ruled him ineligible for the award IMO.

Pickett had 4 touches at 50% and gave away a free kick. 3 tackles was his best contribution. His team won, but he was the most invisible player on the ground.

I'm a firm believer that the GF always being at the MCG (other than at Waverley or the Gabba of course) is a relic.

But Craig Willis or GTFO. Should be exempt from quarantine.

Literally anyone but Basil would have been better. I wonder if Embley may have declined to announce it, but to not invite the premiership coach to speak was ******* ridiculous. If they had got a pinecone up to do it, it would have rolled smoother than with Basil.

Literally anyone but Basil would have been better. I wonder if Embley may have declined to announce it, but to not invite the premiership coach to speak was ******* ridiculous. If they had got a pinecone up to do it, it would have rolled smoother than with Basil.

Embley like Jakovich is better suited to a non speaking role.

Showed enough determination and courage when he smacked into the goal post that it ruled him ineligible for the award IMO.

Pickett had 4 touches at 50% and gave away a free kick. 3 tackles was his best contribution. His team won, but he was the most invisible player on the ground.

pickett actually created some defensive pressure when the game was alive. Output on the stats sheet didn’t reflect it, but he was lively and buzzing.

as for Weightman, he should’ve been subbed off if he was feeling it after smacking into the post. Thought it was dumb for him to have opted for the mark rather than bump the defender and shepherd the ball through.

Last edited:
Surely Basil gets a mention. Has one job and completely butchers it:

Announces the Norm while Embley stands awkwardly to the side

Doesn’t even allow the coach to open his mouth

This is why the GF should never leave the G!
Just realised that I don't recall Goodwin saying anything, wtf?

Pickett gets a pass because he did pressure well.
Weightman 100% deserve it. The fact that they brought him back in for Vandermeer was laughable.
Weightman, congratulations.

Bedside can we change this medal name to Gary Rohan Medal? Played in more Grand Finals. Contributed nothing in all of them.

Pickett gets a pass because he did pressure well.
Weightman 100% deserve it. The fact that they brought him back in for Vandermeer was laughable.
Weightman, congratulations.

Bedside can we change this medal name to Gary Rohan Medal? Played in more Grand Finals. Contributed nothing in all of them.
Davis played in four, Rohan’s played in three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this a bay13 thread? Is the main board only for celebrations? What about the players who f’ed my multi up? Do they get a free pass?

Nobody GAF about your multi. Go take your cash out of the bank and throw it out the window, same deal.

Harsh on a small forward in a 76 point loss, a small forward is not the reason why teams lose games.

Yeah that's a bit of a stretch for me. If you're picked for a GF you need to be showing more than what he did. He was incredibly poor tonight. Pickett at least provided some pressure.
Weightman laid a few smothers and a couple of tackles so can't say he didn't provide pressure but in general you'd think the medal has to go to the losing team.

Isn’t the point of the Leon Davis medal to focus on the losing team’s spud of the day?

not subpar performances by someone in the Premiership side

Nobody GAF about your multi. Go take your cash out of the bank and throw it out the window, same deal.

Harsh on a small forward in a 76 point loss, a small forward is not the reason why teams lose games.
I GAF.

Weightman had barely any impact on the game, which is a positive for him because English and Easton Wood genuinely hurt there team being out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back