List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only use in case of emergency
Yeah but a spot on our rookie list is valuable and not worth using on a dev coach. Just get him as a coach and put him on our vfl list instead

we already have 3 rookies signed (Edwards, Hayden and walker) and Ham would be a 4th

then there’s the MSD if needed for emergencies

That'll be an interesting situation. On ability alone, he'll easily be in our best 22 players in 2022 but it's clear he's been told that he'll only play in an emergency. Obviously he's more interested in setting up his coaching future than playing at this point.

Any inner scrote info?

Development coach + rookie list/VFL was the talk

- On 11 August "We have offered Tom Lynch a contract/development role. Apparently not much $$$ though"
- August 25 - Edmund was asked about it:

1632628052371.png

2 September - Tom Lynch was asked about it

1632628039959.png

Last edited:

Tom Campbell getting nervous by the day, although I think he knows.

As long as he has he retires before the mid season draft so we can use his spot to pick up another kid via that draft.

That’s pretty smart.

Melbourne had 16 players who played 22+ games.

A superb injury run.
Yep. Said it in 2019 that Burgess was a huge acquisition for them. It's definitely paid off and Petracca has gone to new levels every year. He made Port incredibly fit and durable before that.

I'm so glad we've decided to take it seriously again because it makes a huge difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the idea of having Lynch as a development coach, but I really hate the idea of burning a list spot on him.

I completely understand the issues around the soft cap but we aren’t at a point we should be sacrificing any list spots. Would much prefer we took an additional speculative talk or state league player with potential upside over Lynch.

Development coach + rookie list was the talk

- On 11 August "We have offered Tom Lynch a contract/development role. Apparently not much $$$ though"

View attachment 1246515

View attachment 1246513

This is why you’re the king

Lynch will be a good pickup for you in a coaching role, was always shaping to do that after playing and would have a connection with Noble and Younie.
If you end up taking him in a rookie role for salary reasons and as back-up, just be aware that he is not a KPP, he's a high half forward or wing. Has been a pretty good one across the journey. But if he was forced to line up at CHF then something has gone very wrong.

Yeah, but it depends if he wants to stay in Adelaide.
Really? I mean, he's really good at what he does but I hate that combination with McKay so so much. McKay really needs to work on being an intercept threat over the off-season if we're going with Talia to partner him.

Development coach + rookie list was the talk

View attachment 1246515

View attachment 1246513

The beauty is - on the rookie list only $85k goes on the soft cap.

So it’s a cheap coach while we have reduced soft cap

Trotter? I hear he is a player manager these days... does he manage anyone we are chasing?
Surely he owes us...
I remember we were pretty sure we were going to draft troy Chaplin, and were surprised that the club chose trotter. Probably didn't matter - one of the worst drafts with few AA or premiership players.

Yep. Said it in 2019 that Burgess was a huge acquisition for them. It's definitely paid off and Petracca has gone to new levels every year. He made Port incredibly fit and durable before that.

I'm so glad we've decided to take it seriously again because it makes a huge difference

Amazing how much difference one guy makes. Also amazing that 17 other professional clubs can't replicate his program. High Performance is a loose term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back