Pies 12
GWS 9
Hawks 7
Geelong 6
Bulldogs 3
Eagles 3
Richmond 2
Melbourne 1

Dees now the happiest current fans in the AFL on (1) on the misery index.

Saints now officially the most miserable.

Blues 2nd most miserable.

Not sure how you have us in the middle there, burnt draft hand after a debacle trade period as a result of years of list management incompetence now sees us with no hope of a flag for the foreseeable future after decades of being teased to finally top the charts.

And now our arch rivals are all closer to their next, actually every other club is - yes that includes the saints.

Pies at 12? Yeah nah.

Not sure how you have us in the middle there, burnt draft hand after a debacle trade period as a result of years of list management incompetence now sees us with no hope of a flag for the foreseeable future after decades of being teased to finally top the charts.

And now our arch rivals are all closer to their next, actually every other club is - yes that includes the saints.

Pies at 12? Yeah nah.
Still have that 2010 flag which isn't all that long ago and then made a GF in 2018.
Not a bad return really.

Still have that 2010 flag which isn't all that long ago and then made a GF in 2018.
Not a bad return really.

Ok let's look at that, 2010 we had a probable dynasty team and fat head ed hands the keys to an L plater and the wheels fall off - more tease.

How much joy do you think we got out of 2018 and 2011? Do you think it was something to celebrate? I'll remind you of 2006 & 2014 if that's the case.

Yeah there's always a case of 'at least you got to a grand final' but after losing it 9 times in my lifetime it gets a bit thin. Only Pies fans know that much 'tease'.

Ok let's look at that, 2010 we had a probable dynasty team and fat head ed hands the keys to an L plater and the wheels fall off - more tease.

How much joy do you think we got out of 2018 and 2011? Do you think it was something to celebrate? I'll remind you of 2006 & 2014 if that's the case.

Yeah there's always a case of 'at least you got to a grand final' but after losing it 9 times in my lifetime it gets a bit thin. Only Pies fans know that much 'tease'.
Probably climb the misery ladder in the next few years.

Ud be really wanting a flag before 2030.

But so do the Blues, Saints, Bombers, North and Suns.

Probably climb the misery ladder in the next few years.

Ud be really wanting a flag before 2030.

But so do the Blues, Saints, Bombers, North and Suns.

But we've had our chances to get that flag, 5 grand finals this century alone for 1 win. Like I said probably kyboshed our chances at a dynasty coz of an egomaniacal fwit.

And then try and rehash in a frankenstien way to try and pinch a flag rather than build a flag winning team - read 2018

Of course they all want flags, everyone does, but no other club shoots itself in the foot like this club - it's always so close yet so far and all of it's own doing.

But we've had our chances to get that flag, 5 grand finals this century alone for 1 win. Like I said probably kyboshed our chances at a dynasty coz of an egomaniacal fwit.

And then try and rehash in a frankenstien way to try and pinch a flag rather than build a flag winning team - read 2018

Of course they all want flags, everyone does, but no other club shoots itself in the foot like this club - it's always so close yet so far and all of it's own doing.

Hard for Saints fans to feel sorry for you when you won that flag in 2010, if we won that flag it might be a different story but even then you won a flag in 1990 so you haven't been too hard done by and you've played finals pretty regularly over the last 20 years.

Hard for Saints fans to feel sorry for you when you won that flag in 2010, if we won that flag it might be a different story but even then you won a flag in 1990 so you haven't been too hard done by and you've played finals pretty regularly over the last 20 years.

We've played finals more than any other club, by some margin, we should be streets ahead in the flag count. But we're not we're behind. We've lost 27 grand finals - 27!

That's the issue, forever teased and rarely pleased, yeah sure saints fans are starved of hope for long periods of time.

The difference is that this club does all the hard work to give itself opportunity, multiple opportunities, only to for whatever reason shoot itself in the foot. F*n teased - again!

Every f*n time, it's infuriating.

Prior to laat night, would you rather follow a Melbourne team who has never really got close (they weren't much hope in their gfs), or a St Kilda team who has got so close so many times? Putting aside the 12 vs 1 record.

So you care too much about what other people say, and you feel happy about stuff that happened before you were born. Right.
Try being a long siffering fremantle supporter. Enjoy being constantly reminded of how many premierships freo has won. I have no leg to stand on. You have seen 3 premeriships in Brisbane. If your are a fitzroy fan, you got another 8 from 1897-1944.

South Adelaides 11 SANFL premierships: 1877, 1885, 1892, 1893, 1895, 1896, 1898, 1899, 1935, 1938 and 1964. I take some pride that south adelaide panthers have won 11 flags even though I havent seen any in my lifetime.

We've played finals more than any other club, by some margin, we should be streets ahead in the flag count. But we're not we're behind. We've lost 27 grand finals - 27!

That's the issue, forever teased and rarely pleased, yeah sure saints fans are starved of hope for long periods of time.

The difference is that this club does all the hard work to give itself opportunity, multiple opportunities, only to for whatever reason shoot itself in the foot. F*n teased - again!

Every f*n time, it's infuriating.

How many premierships have you celerated in yor lifetime?

I have seen none at the dockers, so dont bother arguing me about it.

Try being a long siffering fremantle supporter. Enjoy being constantly reminded of how many premierships freo has won. I have no leg to stand on. You have seen 3 premeriships in Brisbane. If your are a fitzroy fan, you got another 8 from 1897-1944.
Why do you care about what other people think? In real life you can shun them, or on here you can put them on ignore.

South Adelaides 11 SANFL premierships: 1877, 1885, 1892, 1893, 1895, 1896, 1898, 1899, 1935, 1938 and 1964. I take some pride that south adelaide panthers have won 11 flags even though I havent seen any in my lifetime.
If that brings you happiness, great. I prefer to actually enjoy the good times I've witnessed rather than lines in a history book, but that's just me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prior to laat night, would you rather follow a Melbourne team who has never really got close (they weren't much hope in their gfs), or a St Kilda team who has got so close so many times? Putting aside the 12 vs 1 record.

Dees v Saints GF's since their last flag

Dees 3 GF's
Saints 5 GF's

Not a lot of difference.

I genuinely think it's Saints fans who have done it harder, and I've done it pretty hard, for them to come so close twice recently must be heartbreaking. I genuinely hope they can break through soon and feel what Melbourne fans feel today.

Again, I have not seen Freo win one premiership.

you have seen at least one collingwood flag

Without sounding like a broken record, you're completely missing the context.

How long has freo been in the comp? 25 years, lost one. - one!

Pies went on a >32< year drought losing 8 grand finals in the process.

In the last 6 decades they've lost 13 grand finals.

As of right now, we're behind 17 other clubs in the premiership race with little hope of contending for the foreseeable future or even getting off the bottom.

Context. There's your context, so your woe is us doesn't carry weight.

The correct answer for most miserable is us.

You can't make a baby cry by never giving it candy, you need to give it candy and then take it away. It's not the failure that kills you, it's having your hopes built up and then ruthlessly crushed.

We are the most prolific chokers in world sport. The damage done to our fragile psyches by this repeated abuse is incalculable. It's far more mentally healthy to just follow a permanently sh*t team.

I get where the Collingwood thing is coming from. Losing a Grand Final is a unique pain, unless you've won another very recently. For example, 2006 didn't hurt all that much, we won in 2005. Even 2014, although we played like rubbish, I don't really care about because we had 2012.

But 2016? In the manner we did? After losing 2014? Swans fans are still salty about it.

Losing 8 Grand Finals in a row? At that point you'd rather just not have made them.

The correct answer for most miserable is us.

You can't make a baby cry by never giving it candy, you need to give it candy and then take it away. It's not the failure that kills you, it's having your hopes built up and then ruthlessly crushed.

We are the most prolific chokers in world sport. The damage done to our fragile psyches by this repeated abuse is incalculable. It's far more mentally healthy to just follow a permanently sh*t team.

I'd argue it has built up steely resolve, hoping in desperation the club doesn't fk up its next window, only for the club to fk it up in perpetuity.

Your baby / candy analogy sums it up pretty well but, as is the safety of following a club that won't dash your hopes ad nauseum.

I get where the Collingwood thing is coming from. Losing a Grand Final is a unique pain, unless you've won another very recently. For example, 2006 didn't hurt all that much, we won in 2005. Even 2014, although we played like rubbish, I don't really care about because we had 2012.

But 2016? In the manner we did? After losing 2014? Swans fans are still salty about it.

Losing 8 Grand Finals in a row? At that point you'd rather just not have made them.

Well hope springs eternal, don't know whether we're just plain dumb or just stubbornly in perpetual denial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back