2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! šŸ† šŸ¾

Remove this Banner Ad

wonder if changing the system for pit stops has contributed to more bad stops. seems pretty high here

Yes, it is the sole reason for it.
And merc arr the beneficiary given they weren't particularly the best at pit stops especially compared to redbull...

But nothing to see here move along.

Danny should have been top 3. Not sure how Max got in front of him.
It happened in the pit lane, VER pit box is at before ADR, that coupled with a slower stop for ADR meant they couldn't release him until VER went past.

It happened in the pit lane, VER pit box is at before ADR, that coupled with a slower stop for ADR meant they couldn't release him until VER went past.
They just showed the stop again. Max was already fully in the box way before Ric got into his. I'm struggling to work it out as well.

They just showed the stop again. Max was already fully in the box way before Ric got into his. I'm struggling to work it out as well.
Did they? I haven't seen it again, I was going off memory. It looked like there were cars (may not have been VER) hampering his release

Canā€™t believe that, lando had 34 seconds on 3rd spot.
Worst he would have finished was 2nd going for inters early.
You could hear in his voice he was panicking at the thought of rain taking away his win telling the team to shut up and then when lewis boxed he knew he had lost the race but then refused to box and accept p2 telling them they just had to try push on.

Needed Brown or Seidl to get on the radio and make him box

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Canā€™t believe that, lando had 34 seconds on 3rd spot.
Worst he would have finished was 2nd going for inters early.

Yeah but it's not about that. It's about the win. And he was leading.

Lewis even said the rain wasn't that bad. But the team pulled rank and got him in.

Drivers don't have weather radars in front of them.

Norris didn't **** the bed. It's natural to want to stay out when you're leading.

Mclaren **** the bed. They had to make the call and pull rank. They'd have known how bad it looked. Don't ask your driver what they think.

Yeah but it's not about that. It's about the win. And he was leading.

Lewis even said the rain wasn't that bad. But the team pulled rank and got him in.

Drivers don't have weather radars in front of them.

Norris didn't **** the bed. It's natural to want to stay out when you're leading.

Mclaren **** the bed. They had to make the call and pull rank. They'd have known how bad it looked. Don't ask your driver what they think.
Iā€™m not blaming him.

Especially when Their experienced driver had already come in and made the change because he identified it was getting to hard to drive.

Iā€™m going to say it, Lando acted like a brat in the last half of the race. The way he spoke to his pit was not that of a calm professional driver. He needed this kick up the arse, maybe heā€™ll grow up a bit. Reminded me of Max in the early days.
Yep needs a clip over the ears for that.
The way some of the drivers speak to the engineers, if I was them, Iā€™d feel like saying ā€œalright mate Iā€™ll leave you to it.
When we see you come in for tyres and stop in the box, weā€™ll bring the tyres out for ya.ā€

Remove this Banner Ad

Back