Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashton Agar has stolen a living as a late innings hitter his entire career. He is nothing but a nudger and nurdler
That's not exactly true. He isn't a pure hitter but he hits them better than that
Don't agree with mitch sitting out the shield game
Me too. He's the state captain, should play all games he's available for

That's not exactly true. He isn't a pure hitter but he hits them better than that

As far as his international white ball career goes it is entirely true. ODI s/r of 86 is and a T20i s/r of 103 when he has predominantly come in late in the innings needing to score quickly is woeful

As far as his international white ball career goes it is entirely true. ODI s/r of 86 is and a T20i s/r of 103 when he has predominantly come in late in the innings needing to score quickly is woeful
* me dead, there's a difference between overrated as far as hitting is concerned (which is true) and being a nudger and nurdler. The fact you're doubling down says it all.

fu** me dead, there's a difference between overrated as far as hitting is concerned (which is true) and being a nudger and nurdler. The fact you're doubling down says it all.
And I will continue to double down as he has done absolutely * all at international level to suggest he is anything but a nudger and nurdler at that level, dont get your knickers in a knot that someone sees the game differently to you.

Because he has done absolutely fu** all at international level to suggest he is anything but a nudger and nurdler at that level, dont get your knickers in a knot that someone sees the game differently to you, fu** me.
Because it hasn't come off at international level doesn't mean s**t. He's played 13 ODI's, over half of which he's batted at 8, a legitimate tail end position. As I said, there's a difference between being overrated as a hitter, which he is, and a nudger and a nurdler, which he very clearly isn't based on actually watching him bat.

There's a difference of opinion and there's playing styles. He clearly isn't a nudger and a nurdler if you actually watched the game rather than just looking at stats.

Probably a long shot, but worth shooting it anyway. I’m a longtime Warriors fan, and finding merch is near impossible.

I’m on the hunt for any Warriors gear, in particular jerseys, caps and off-field wear, and am happy to pay good money for it. In particular, very keen on anything from the ISC/FILA/Adidas days, so if you have anything and might be interested in selling, please DM me.

On another note, hell of an innings from Carder, as much as I’d love to see him do it for WA, still great to see him find success.

There's a difference of opinion and there's playing styles. He clearly isn't a nudger and a nurdler
I reckon his problem with the willow is not quite knowing his role. C'mon guys there are few cleaner hitters than Agar. We all saw him murder a full strength England in 2013. He has since murdered white ball and red ball attacks. What I have never seen is him taking on the new white ball opening.
And yes he does nudge and nurdle but mostly in red ball cricket and only when it is needed to support the set batsman and help contribute to a team score. Does it pretty well too @27.7 FC, @32.5 TEST.
Having two gears is a major asset in a batsman and Ashton Agar has them. I expect tho he is wishing captains would give him more responsibility with the bat. I for one'd like to see that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see it with Morris, honestly. Why pick him ahead of Gannon?
They are going for the extra pace which they believe Morris brings

But yeah Gannon should be playing why recruit him if you are not going to play him ??

Gannon still chucks it imo

Putting that aside, it isn't like he was impressive last year anyway. Not quick enough for his height, not accurate enough for his pace

Last edited:
Gannon still chucks it imo

Putting that aside, it isn't like he was impressive last year anyway. Not quick enough for his height, not accurate enough for his pace
There's being relatively unimpressive, and being Lance Morris. Gannon is better than Morris.

There's being relatively unimpressive, and being Lance Morris. Gannon is better than Morris.

Morris is at least still fairly young and has the potential to improve. Even though he is still quite a way off being a quality FC bowler, I don't think it is fair to write him off entirely. Gannon is going to be the same mediocre medium pacer he pretty much always has been

Who else would have been in the picture for WA?

Morris is at least still fairly young and has the potential to improve. Even though he is still quite a way off being a quality FC bowler, I don't think it is fair to write him off entirely. Gannon is going to be the same mediocre medium pacer he pretty much always has been

Who else would have been in the picture for WA?
Would any of the bowlers playing in the 2nd X1 in SA this week come into consideration?

Okay time to start the rant

Once again that was a piss poor performance from a bunch of bighead front runners who are to scared of there own shadows to put in a strong performance for themselves and there state

And once again led by the bloke who is too friendly with the players and does not make the harsh calls and drop his mates in the team

The pressure on Voges and Matthews has to increase ...us members deserve more than to put up with another season of crap from a so call talented team

Firstly Short should be dropped immediately and a statement made.....his piss poor shot selection in the game plus the ODI was pathetic ...biggest front runner of them all

What is the point of Matt kelly list clogger drop him and play a spinner please

Great work Matthew Mason in f*king up Green with the ball....the work in the off season has produced nothing and Big Greenie is going backwards with his bowling...great work WA !!

Whiteman...any chance to play with a F88king straight bat and stop playing across the line ? not once but twice...play the V ffs

Bancroft.....blah

Phillipe .....consistency we need you to make big scores not nice looking 60s has to step up and get on with it ,,same with cartwright

Shaun....nice batting but lets get your bowling changes right...bringing on your quickest quick when the opposition is 0/70 is bad captaincy

Rant over

Phillipe .....consistency we need you to make big scores not nice looking 60s has to step up and get on with it ,,same with cartwright
Westie he is finally starting to show us some of that this season. Obvious he has been working his bum off in improving his red ball technique and patience. Has played some very gritty knocks on lively decks. I like the new look Josh Philippe.

Great write-up on Rob Baker - a genuine "could have been anything" story.

Great write-up on Rob Baker - a genuine "could have been anything" story.

tough read though. poor guy has been through hell and back.

Nice bit of writing from Theo Doropolous on Langer and his love for Scarborough - and broader grade cricket.

Wasn't sure where to post but enjoyed this article. Made Nick Jewell sound like the world's biggest dickhead too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back