AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who will win the 2021 AFL Grand Final

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the village idiot Crawford said that Petracca has gone past Dusty and that they should build a statue of him outside the MCG
Fu$%^^k me
He's yet another reason why I will always despise the mustard pots.

I was thinking exactly that during whatever PF it was that we were unfortunate enough to have to sit through with him soiling the airwaves.

I used to think der-wayne was the worst I've heard, but Hamish had gone to a new level. Not only has he no clue how to call the game, but he has no clue how the game works either.
His call of the prelim lowered the sense of occasion so much I found myself longing for Bruce to return.

that’s how bad Hamish is going.

Reckon we'd smash both

Had to re-read this to assure myself the post was real.
We would have smashed both grand finalists :D:D:D
We couldn't even get past Gold Coast two months ago and barely won a game in the last eight weeks.
I can only wonder what the Dees would have done to us from midway during the third quarter.

the village idiot Crawford said that Petracca has gone past Dusty and that they should build a statue of him outside the MCG
Fu$%^^k me

Has Kane Korn said that this Dees side it better than any of our flag sides yet ?

When the Dees got the run on in the third quarter, couldn't believe all the Dogs midfielders were stationed on the offensive side of the centre bounce.
No player on the defensive side, Petracca ran through with no block.
Insane.
Exactly. There is no way Cotchin would have allowed Dee's to get first hands on the ball.
He is brilliant in those situations.

I still think we have an equal or better defense and forward line when fully fit.

Exactly. There is no way Cotchin would have allowed Dee's to get first hands on the ball.
He is brilliant in those situations.

I still think we have an equal or better defense and forward line when fully fit.
but he did? melbourne beat us pretty handily rd 6 when we had almost fully fit line up. A lot of revisionist history going on here but the fact is other than one or two games this year we haven't shown form close to the top sides since 2020

but he did? melbourne beat us pretty handily rd 6 when we had almost fully fit line up. A lot of revisionist history going on here but the fact is other than one or two games this year we haven't shown form close to the top sides since 2020
You have the attention span of a goldfish
Go and watch all GFs and other finals 2017-2020 first and come back to me

You have the attention span of a goldfish
Go and watch all GFs and other finals 2017-2020 first and come back to me
That's exactly what I said? that we haven't played that quality of footy since 2020? That we played amazing footy 2017-2020 means bugger all if we can't replicate it!

Was helped by a pretty lackluster dogs midfield.Left the door right open on their defensive side that even groupie could slide on through.

They blew the Cats away in similar fashion out of the middle. They way Gawn is able to give silver service to their midfielders is a major strength and why I can see them being tough again to beat next year.

That's exactly what I said? that we haven't played that quality of footy since 2020? That we played amazing footy 2017-2020 means bugger all if we can't replicate it!
FFS, so all history is meaningless?
Your rating the worth of the club on an injury ravaged 2021.
The club knows what it takes, they have the game plan for finals, and they will recruit to get there again...

They blew the Cats away in similar fashion out of the middle. They way Gawn is able to give silver service to their midfielders is a major strength and why I can see them being tough again to beat next year.
Team to beat for sure.

Pretty handy back up in Jackson as well. That kid can seriously play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wb archilles all year was a key forward really getting ahold of them, I said a while ago they couldnt win it on account of that , their recent streak of midfield dominance put that on the burner however the chickens came home to roost , fritch 6G really opened the flood gates , melb were the best equipped side all year , the rest have all got shortcomings one way or the other , some greater than others. I reckon if the cards fall our way and luck with health and fitness , we can sit amongst the pack that challenges the favs

Dusty and Grimes injured in that game
Prestia and Floss ,Soldo out and we kicked 6-12 .
The gap is not that great .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne had hardly an injury all year. It’s easy to forget what’s difference that makes. Look at the key personnel missing from teams like Brisbane and West Coast. It affected the doggies too - Dunkley hasn’t been that good post shoulder, Weightman looked like a player coming back from a game off, Bruce out affected their structure.

We of course had probably the worst injury run in the comp.

I’d like to see how Melbourne and Richmond go next year with our respective injury lists from 2021 swapped

Dusty and Grimes injured in that game
Prestia and Floss ,Soldo out and we kicked 6-12 .
The gap is not that great .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was the game I thought Dusty would teach Petracca again who the best player in the comp is. Petracca took his game to another level that night, not saying he jumped Dusty but he looked every bit a challenger and just went from strength to strength.

if i take my Y&B blinkers off i think both Bont & Trac are miles ahead of current dusty.
Dusty has been on the top for 5 years now and i can see the reign moving to the likes of Bont & Trac. Good on them

Trac played really well - complete performance

Dusty is god. No one cums close

Wouldn't say it means buggar all, but yeah, our defence of centre bounces in the second half of this season was one of our biggest issues, and it didn't get better when we got our mids and Nank back from injury.

In most of our games, that I've seen anyway, we tend to have two players stationed on the defensive side of the centre bounce.
Can't allow the space to be vacant, unlike the Doggies.
The Melbourne president is already showing signs of hubris, talking about establishing a dynasty.
It only provides ammunition to other sides.

In most of our games, that I've seen anyway, we tend to have two players stationed on the defensive side of the centre bounce.
Can't allow the space to be vacant, unlike the Doggies.
with this, oppo teams hit to their defensive side and either go straight through us, or actually go wide out to the wing as our wingman have already headed back to help the defence, except the oppo winger kicks it over our wingman's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back