Disrespectful Dees?

I would be more disappointed in my team rolling over and giving up on a grand final without so much as a whimper, rather than being upset about what winning premiership teams players were celebrating about after handing ours asses to us on a plate

But hey that is just me

screech

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2002
Christies Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Sheffield Wednesday
You know I reckon after you win a flag the players are free to do pretty much anything they want besides mocking your opponents.
Maybe I’m wrong here and the dees have been singing the same song the dogs have been during the season, I hope that’s the case as if they are taking the piss out of them I think it’s pretty poor form, especially after just winning the ultimate.
Thoughts?

Magnificent - win a grand final, do what you want.

Pretty common practice to sing the opponent's song substituting your club's names/colours in the relevant parts too. Great banter and a bit of fun.

Bulldogs made themselves look stupid by over-celebrating last week, nice way to call it out.

Don't get bitter, get better

I would be more disappointed in my team rolling over and giving up on a grand final without so much as a whimper, rather than being upset about what winning premiership teams players were celebrating about after handing ours asses to us on a plate

But hey that is just me
Dogs fans aren't the ones complaining

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
You know I reckon after you win a flag the players are free to do pretty much anything they want besides mocking your opponents.
Maybe I’m wrong here and the dees have been singing the same song the dogs have been during the season, I hope that’s the case as if they are taking the piss out of them I think it’s pretty poor form, especially after just winning the ultimate.
Thoughts?

A Richmond supporter pointing finger at another clubs being disrespectful? Not showing any class after winning first flag in 57 years.

Lol. How people have short memories.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

But hey that is just me
Yeah, I must have missed the part where this thread was created by a Dogs fan and all the dogs fans in here that are up in arms about this.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I recall hearing a couple of weeks ago this song was used by other sporting clubs. Unsure if Melbourne was taking the piss. Maybe they were. Most players are actually mates now and follow each other on social media etc. I’ve heard someone say this should be motivation for the dogs next year. Doubt Bevo would buy into that crap. How about playing the last minute of the third quarter on repeat to show how quickly that game was taken away from them.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I recall hearing a couple of weeks ago this song was used by other sporting clubs. Unsure if Melbourne was taking the piss. Maybe they were. Most players are actually mates now and follow each other on social media etc. I’ve heard someone say this should be motivation for the dogs next year. Doubt Bevo would buy into that crap. How about playing the last minute of the third quarter on repeat to show how quickly that game was taken away from them.
Has been used by hundreds if not thousands of sports clubs over last 5 years.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Hope you and all your Demon "tragics" enjoyed it from your lounge rooms clown. Fair play, you guys ran all over us in the end but from my limited experience, being at the home of football on Grand Final day seeing a Premiership at the 'G is something to savour and remember forever.
1632712168962.png

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Show me another afl side singing that song besides the dogs 2 weeks ago. Look, like I said they can do what they want just think if they are taking the piss it’s pretty poor form.
The Dogs will be more concerned about LOOSING A GF by a HUGE AMOUNT, than a song sung in delirium by the victors.

I hope.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets

Ok Don Pyke

Back