Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

so we could look to have something roughly like this:
Cerra for pick 6
Hewett for free
Brander for SPS

Picks 25 and 61 at this stage for the draft.

Pretty decent offseason you would think

Won't exacting look like that, there will be some more movement in picks around the Cerra deal

Won't exacting look like that, there will be some more movement in picks around the Cerra deal

And the Brander / SPS one ... IF they do it as a one deal type thing ... I could see singles done for each of those ones though ...

so we could look to have something roughly like this:
Cerra for pick 6
Hewett for free
Brander for SPS

Picks 25 and 61 at this stage for the draft.

Pretty decent offseason you would think

Cerra probably more likely to look like: Cerra and future 3rd for 6 and future 2nd in my opinion.

Has to be more than 6 on it's own. He looks every bit of the player you'd want to select at that range and has had 4 proven development years at AFL level.

Ben Long could be on the move from St Kilda.

Reckon we could do with a hard nut like him who plays on the edge, provided he doesn't cost too much in trade/draft capital.

Thoughts folks ???

Reckon we could do with a hard nut like him who plays on the edge, provided he doesn't cost too much in trade/draft capital.

Thoughts folks ???
He is no good. No thanks.

If Brander comes, think things may look like this:

Brander + 29 for SPS + 25

Dockers need points for Bennings, Motlop

Cerra for Pick 6, 29

It wouldn't surprise me if the SPS, Brander were two separate trades ...

Wing is probably the role that requires the highest endurance to run up and down the ground all game. Williams ain't got that, and I don't think Martin either.

In an era of higher rotations both of them should be able to be give you 5-6 minutes of run on a wing.

Especially Williams whose style at GWS could have him pushing down from half back to end up on the end of a play into the forward line.

Cerra for Pick 6, 29
What has Brander shown to make him worth more than SPS? To me he has shown he isn't a wingman and not yet a KPP.. At least SPs has had some genuinely good games.

Cerra for Pick 6, 29
If we have to pay more than 6 for Cerra, surely it will come from next year's draft. we won't be able to trade next season's no 1 given Saad and mooted Cerra trades so a later sweetener could be possible. Still think a decent chance 6 alone get's Cerra done.

If we have to pay more than 6 for Cerra, surely it will come from next year's draft. we won't be able to trade next season's no 1 given Saad and mooted Cerra trades so a later sweetener could be possible. Still think a decent chance 6 alone get's Cerra done.

Pretty confident 6 will do for Cerra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra probably more likely to look like: Cerra and future 3rd for 6 and future 2nd in my opinion.

Has to be more than 6 on it's own. He looks every bit of the player you'd want to select at that range and has had 4 proven development years at AFL level.
I don't get this. He looks promising. He is not any more than that right now. Pick 6 alone

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thoughts folks ???
Liam Stocker can be our hard nut that plays on edge, Ben Long is more sniper than hard nut from what I've seen, now Robbo was a hardnut that we could've used past 5yrs :'(

Cerra for Pick 6, 29
Why is everyone overrating other players and under rating ours.

Why is Brander worth more than SPS? SPS has shown 10x that of Brander.

And Cerra is worth pick 6.

What has Brander shown to make him worth more than SPS? To me he has shown he isn't a wingman and not yet a KPP.. At least SPs has had some genuinely good games.

Think both players have been developed poorly/played out of position

Brander is a KPP and is a year younger

I agree we should be using some of next year's currency, but as stated, they will want more points this year. So perhaps they may get a late 2nd, early 3rd to hand back to us

I don't get this. He looks promising. He is not any more than that right now. Pick 6 alone

It's possible, but I doubt it's 6 alone. He's got 4 years of AFL games and is a proven talent.

Would Carlton accept pick 30 for TDK if he wanted a trade? That's where we drafted him, but he's worth so much more.

Yip ... Brander will be around our third rounder ...

If Brander is involved in an SPS swap then it will either be straight up or a slight pick upgrade in our favour. SPS has played 94 games at AFL level, and whilst his past couple of seasons haven’t been great, he’s shown more at AFL level than has Brander (who has only managed 22 games in 4 years).

Normally people overrate our own, rather than having a balanced view

See above for Brander v SPS

6 alone for Cerra won't get it done, we will add some steak knives, I suspect other picks will be included that either side don't yet have

Normally people overrate our own, rather than having a balanced view

See above for Brander v SPS

6 alone for Cerra won't get it done, we will add some steak knives, I suspect other picks will be included that either side don't yet have
I'm not too sure.
I would have thought that 6 is enough as there aren't any other Victorian clubs that has anything close to #6 to trade with Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back