Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

If we have to pay more than 6 for Cerra, surely it will come from next year's draft. we won't be able to trade next season's no 1 given Saad and mooted Cerra trades so a later sweetener could be possible. Still think a decent chance 6 alone get's Cerra done.

Agree p6 is fair compensation to the Dockers for Adam Cerra services. They’ll be in the same position as we are in with SPS, once Cerra nominates CFC and is an OOC player come end October.

I'm not too sure.
I would have thought that 6 is enough as there aren't any other Victorian clubs that has anything close to #6 to trade with Freo!
there are only 2 Victorian clubs with more attractive picks North Melbourne and Hawthorn, no way Roos will give up pick 1, so Hawks next with pick 3 not sure if they re interested .

Anyone know much about delisted players
Aiden Fyfe
Matthew Ling

Both have attributes we need, elite speed and elite foot skills...
Are they worth a look?
Ling was a promising junior excellent foot skills with serious speed & a good ball carrier, has been mainly injured with leg and achillies injuries since being recruited by the swans…
Swans don’t normally cut players without a reason, he’s first rounder 2017 #14 so they may feel his type of injuries have impacted on his body heavily, they also have a tight salary cap which may have come into consideration as well…

Pick 6 on its own is far too much to be paying for Cerra, particularly when there are so few other suitors.. Demons have picks 33 & 42... The only club that could potentially have the draft capital to enter the conversation is Essendon & St Kilda.

We should look to trade pick 6 to Brisbane for 14 & 18, then trade 14 & a future 2nd for Cerra.. I still think that is too much but at least gives us pick 18 to use at the draft..

Cerra probably more likely to look like: Cerra and future 3rd for 6 and future 2nd in my opinion.

Has to be more than 6 on it's own. He looks every bit of the player you'd want to select at that range and has had 4 proven development years at AFL level.

Pick 6 looks perfect to me, normally we have to try and manufacture something as our picks aren’t in the right areas for who we are chasing but this year it’s in the perfect place.

We should not be giving up anything else, that is a fair trade every day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No other club at this stage. Maybe 6 gets it done, but I doubt it

What do they do if we don't budge?

Pick 6 is hardly something you turn down to make a point

Richmond gave up 6 for prestia, seems about right to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yip ... Brander will be around our third rounder ...
Yeah
That’s very much where i would rate him so far on his limited 22 games in his four years so far, atm around the #40’ish pick mark, he’s still a little unknown ability/capabilities wise…

Unfortunately SPS will only at best net us #29 which may drift out a little depending on early F/S pooled draft points Daicos and Darcy…

It's possible, but I doubt it's 6 alone. He's got 4 years of AFL games and is a proven talent.

Would Carlton accept pick 30 for TDK if he wanted a trade? That's where we drafted him, but he's worth so much more.
Doesn't work that way. Cerra was picked up in the weakest draft that I can remember. He has been Good. He is fair value for what he was picked at, especially in a weak draft.

He now wants to leave. So we pay what his value is.

If they want more than Pick 6, then they are and you are overrating Cerra.

Let's not pretend he has set the world on fire. He has just been solid. This is the reason why no one in here is jumping up and down about him. Let's not pretend he is better than what he is.

Can Pick 6 in this year draft be better than Cerra? I would say 50% chance yes. That equates to equal value.

Normally people overrate our own, rather than having a balanced view

See above for Brander v SPS

6 alone for Cerra won't get it done, we will add some steak knives, I suspect other picks will be included that either side don't yet have
Brander has not been offered a new contract. SPS has been advised that the Club wishes to retain him, however he wants to leave.

SPS has class and we know he has potential. It's is simply in the mind.

Brander, his ability is still in question.

SPS worth more than Brander.

FWIW, when was the last time Carlton "won" a trade? Apart from the Fevola and Gibbs trades, every other trade has us either overpaying or breaking even.

Robinson was "average" playing for us however "great player" at the Lions
Tuohy was "just an Irish player" for us, however "almost AA at Cats"
Waite we couldn't even get a compo pick for him

Yet, someone we manage to get in "future AA and Brownlow medalists" from other clubs and question the trade by Round 2.

Rendell again, talking about North list "zoohar" wow
Heard him on an SEN podcast a few weeks ago now where he was going over all the club lists, just happened to be Norths that day where he said he thought they had that much upside that they could play finals next year…
He comes out continuously with some absolute doozies…

Doesn't work that way. Cerra was picked up in the weakest draft that I can remember. He has been Good. He is fair value for what he was picked at, especially in a weak draft.

He now wants to leave. So we pay what his value is.

If they want more than Pick 6, then they are and you are overrating Cerra.

Let's not pretend he has set the world on fire. He has just been solid. This is the reason why no one in here is jumping up and down about him. Let's not pretend he is better than what he is.

Can Pick 6 in this year draft be better than Cerra? I would say 50% chance yes. That equates to equal value.

Agree to disagree.

I'm confident we will and comfortable with paying slightly more than 6 in the way I proposed. You're vastly underrating Cerra (and the 2017 draft) but that's just my opinion.

Brander has not been offered a new contract. SPS has been advised that the Club wishes to retain him, however he wants to leave.

SPS has class and we know he has potential. It's is simply in the mind.

Brander, his ability is still in question.

SPS worth more than Brander.

FWIW, when was the last time Carlton "won" a trade? Apart from the Fevola and Gibbs trades, every other trade has us either overpaying or breaking even.

Robinson was "average" playing for us however "great player" at the Lions
Tuohy was "just an Irish player" for us, however "almost AA at Cats"
Waite we couldn't even get a compo pick for him

Yet, someone we manage to get in "future AA and Brownlow medalists" from other clubs and question the trade by Round 2.

Yarran and Menzel.

His contract of reported $700k a year might be an issue for the Tigs. They have shown no interest so far so doubt they will enter the conversation.
AT 700K we should not be looking at him either. Paying huge overs just to get someone into the club will just cause division and stop us paying players that deserve it (Walsh) more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back