Universal Love MFC Supporters Celebration thread - Norm Smith, thanks for releasing us!

I will now?

• Die happy

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Be fisted forever

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Probably get arrested for my celebrations

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Definitely get arrested for my melt

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Admit Goodwin was right abour out brand and learnings along the journey

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Wonder why the learnings didn't work

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GFMeWB21DB6012.jpg

The hangover is finally wearing off.

As some of you know, whelan=legend was my old account.

I was there at 186.
I was there at 148.
I was there that Sunday twilight game in 2009 (?) against Adelaide, where we didn't score until halfway through the third.
I was here posting absolute s**t (as a dumb 16 - 20 y.o.) at the lowest of the low times.

I can't believe we've finally done it. Never thought I'd see the day. What a ******* game.

Shelled out. Bought one of the wall Mount signed premiership jumpers.
Planning on buying all the Premiership memorablabia. This is going to hurt my wallet. But so worth it!

Just saw 3 very low key Dees players at a cafe haha. Would've congratulated them if I actually had my voice back...
Was Treloar there? He's about due for another team.

Anyone else starting to get the 'what do I do now' feeling?

Still in lockdown, back to work tomorrow...

Had SEN all morning. Been fabulous.

Without a word of a lie, this is across the road from my house currently.

View attachment 1247113
Haha, love it. Very reminiscent of the sign at a Church back in the day, which had the following caption:

What would you do if Jesus Christ came to Hawthorn?

answer:

Move Peter Hudson to Centre half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris from Camberwell about to jump on the line on SEN :hearteyes:

Been calling SEN every day for decades. Dees win a premiership and the first thing he wants to talk about was Stuart Spencer and Ian Ridley not getting enough recognition. Dwayne had to work so hard just to get him to talk about the flag. Never change Chris 😂.

What you do is walk around with a permanent smile of satisfaction for weeks on end and into summer where you can watch the replay anytime you want and relive it over and over again.

Plus you’ll get the MCG day soon where you get join thousands of Dees fans and swap stories of joy…and next season on your first home game you get to hoist the Premiership flag up in front of the MCC stand with probably every single MFC supporter in Victoria at the ground.

That’s the fun of winning a GF 👌

I'm actually beyond keen for the first home game in 2021.

- First game at the MCG since the flag
- Send offs for Jonesy and likely Nev
- Unfurling the ******* FLAG
Hopefully it’s a Friday or Saturday night at the MCG. Home game v Geelong or Essendon (for the third time since 2005) would be ideal.

Not holding out hope though. Since 2011 our R1 fixtures from memory have been Sydney, Brisbane, Port, St Kilda (Docklands), Gold Coast, GWS, St Kilda (Docklands), Geelong, Port, West Coast (Perth), Fremantle.

8/11 day fixtures interstate side at the MCG. Would almost all be Saturdays I reckon.

Who cares when it is, I’m going.

ANZAC Day is on a Monday so there’s no issues about needing to sync us with Essendon there.

Make it the Dons. Carlton and Richmond pre committed, Dogs and Collingwood normally play on the Friday night. Melbourne v Essendon, Saturday night, MCG. Watch every single Melbourne supporter get there.

I'd prefer the Saturday 2:10 or 4:40 myself, but that is because IMO they are the best timeslots.
Normally yes, but for celebrating a premiership after we didn’t get to go out after the GF I reckon night is ideal. Twilight would be interesting.

Our double ups will come from the top 12. Would love to play the Lions and/or Eagles at the MCG for once, and I can smell a rivalry brewing between us and the Swans. Dogs twice is inevitable. We haven’t had Essendon twice since R1 and R23 2005. Richmond twice in a non-ANZAC Eve hosting year would also be great. You’d hope the club finally gets some fixture requests taken seriously.

God it's nice to not give two shits about trade period. Can comfortably tune out endless posturing and 100-page threads about where megastars like Peter Ladhams, George Hewett and Jordan Clark are going to end up. Bliss.

I thought I'd share my 'Melbourne Story'. Why do I support the Dees?
Once I was born, my father insisted I support Carlton and there's photos of me wearing a Blues jumper at a very young age. Although I have no memory of this moment, apparently whilst Melbourne were playing Carlton, I was barracking for Melbourne and my mother told me off for it. I remember collecting footy cards and whichever player I got, I'd then look for them on TV. Cameron Bruce, Russell Robertson, David Neitz, Aaron Davey, Brad Green, James McDonald, Adem Yze, Nathan Jones and later on, Jurrah, Wonaeamirri, Sylvia, Moloney. These were the guys I secretly idolized and watching DVD's with footage of Robbie Flower and Jim Stynes emphasised this. Fast forward a few years and my uncle has made me a Lions fan. Early into that I can remember getting my first Dees guernsey. It was a basic Sekem with the square yoke "MelbourneFC" logo, however, I loved wearing it. By 2013 I felt as though I'd matured and at that point, picked my own club... At the height of Neeld's stint, I became a Melbourne fan. I can remember telling my mates and they all simultaneously laughed at me, at that time with valid reason. Come Neeld's sacking I was so happy when we beat the Bulldogs in the pissing rain, it felt as though I'd finally seen my team win. I wore that aforementioned Sekem Dees jumper with an odd sense of pride because of a rich history which didn't matter to anyone but myself, much to the odd looks of everyone else! Bloody hell we've come a long way since then. Come 2017 my phone blew up with "tag a Dees fan who won't be watching Finals" and I didn't handle that so well, however, everyone who tagged me in those posts has never seen their club win a flag, poetic justice. Once I picked the Dees I knew there was no going back and questioned my sanity at various times. The last point I'll mention is a 2013 memory. My father printed off a piece of paper with the "First and Forever" slogan over a photo of Ron Barassi. That photo has been blu tacked in the same position all these years! We've come quite the long way and I could go on forever about why I support Melbourne and how much Saturday meant to me as it meant to all of us. We all have a story paved with s**t, yet the light is shining now!

Back