Let’s rate Perf’s job of hosting the GF ans

Remove this Banner Ad

The bands doing covers of other bands songs was stupid, The Killers did a cover of Midnight Oil but they at least played a few of their songs as well.

Basil was cringeworthy but at least he didn't commentate the game.

Other than that I thought it was pretty good and the right team won.

Those bands needed to do covers because they barely have any noteworthy songs of their own.

Makes you wonder why the AFL didn't pay Freo's #1 ticketholder whatever he wanted to do the half time show.

Let's be honest though, GF entertainment runs at about a 20-25% success rate, you get a good act once every 4-5 years.

We don’t want him.
I think Adelaide deserve him.

Adelaide exported Kochie to Sydney so they're owed one shithead.

Seriously no one needs the jerk. I gotta laugh how he was doubling down on his 1 minute applause plan even after all the backlash it was copping.

Just one of those dumbarse, pigheaded flogs who can never admit he’s wrong whos probably now even looking for a way to excuse his Goodwin gaffe. :$🤦🏻‍♂️

He's such a self-absorbed campaigner. The applause thing was dumb, but it was also clearly less about the gesture and more about him coming up with it.

Considering the commentators they trotted out this is probably accurate. That said, I didn't notice BT doing his usual f*ckwit act.

Best GF ever, especially if you were at the game and avoiding some of the flog media. 60k vs 100k doesn’t mean much when corporates are involved, it was awesome.

if the AFL allocate just 10k to general admin every GF, it will turn the sh*t show around.

F*** GA, under free borders, even with no corporates, all clubs other than GC, GWS, and Norf could fill any membership allocation.

Those bands needed to do covers because they barely have any noteworthy songs of their own.

Makes you wonder why the AFL didn't pay Freo's #1 ticketholder whatever he wanted to do the half time show.

Let's be honest though, GF entertainment runs at about a 20-25% success rate, you get a good act once every 4-5 years.

Adelaide exported Kochie to Sydney so they're owed one sh*thead.

He's such a self-absorbed campaigner. The applause thing was dumb, but it was also clearly less about the gesture and more about him coming up with it.

Considering the commentators they trotted out this is probably accurate. That said, I didn't notice BT doing his usual f*ckwit act.

F*** GA, under free borders, even with no corporates, all clubs other than GC, GWS, and Norf could fill any membership allocation.
Basil just completely snatched a moment in the sun, and crashed and burned badly. The clapping was uber cringe but the Goodwin snub unforgivable and can never be replicated even if they win again. 57 years most of them down the bottom and you don’t invite the coach to speak? Blows my mind how ******* ignorant that is.

Basil just completely snatched a moment in the sun, and crashed and burned badly. The clapping was uber cringe but the Goodwin snub unforgivable and can never be replicated even if they win again. 57 years most of them down the bottom and you don’t invite the coach to speak? Blows my mind how ******* ignorant that is.

The clapping thing was so tone deaf though, like celebrities singing 'Imagine' last year. Snubbing Goodwin not that surprising upon reflection, it epitomised his competence.

The clapping thing was so tone deaf though, like celebrities singing 'Imagine' last year. Snubbing Goodwin not that surprising upon reflection, it was the perfect measure of his competence.
I was suprised and even shocked that no one stepped in and gently said, hey lets let the Premiership Coach have the floor for a couple of minutes, weak and pathetic all around from everyone. But Basil was the MC so it’s completely on him.

The clapping was never gonna be a thing, he was absolutely pasted over the whole idiotic idea and rightly so. ‘No clapping was detected’ Ya think?!
Jesus it's the AFL GF not Meghan Markle reading a book to school children.

Exactly, he wanted to be the hero of grand final day or Australia’s “knight in shining armour” so it’s fitting that he ended up becoming the court jester.

What a tosser.

Last edited:
Would have been 9/10, but 2/10 cos Basil
I only took one point off, the internet is dealing with him :D
WA did a great job and the players are having a ball and appreciate it. * Basil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This flog just doesn’t know when to stop. Not content with ruining Australia’s biggest sporting day he’s now set his sights on the empire. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

I only took one point off, the internet is dealing with him :D
WA did a great job and the players are having a ball and appreciate it. fu** Basil.
Just don't let him anywhere near the Dees party when the bags come out. Nostrils like black holes

Did anyone applaud like Baz instructed?

“The gesture went down like a lead balloon when it was floated on Friday, as punters called it out for being cringe-worthy.”

UPDATE: It appears the crowd did not heed Zempilas instruction – with no applause detected on the Channel Seven coverage of the grand final.

What a dildo. :$

🤣🤣🤣

I forgot all about it and I would say most people at the ground would have forgotten about it too because there was a f***ing Grand Final to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back