Roast Club Propaganda & Media Censoring

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1247872

Sound familiar? We expect failure.

Only Port Adelaide (AFL era) could stroll into a home final coming off a league-leading mountain of wins and cough up a pissweak performance like that.

• 2002QF: won 14 of last 15 games. 27pts down early in Q2 against 4th-placed Collingwood

• 2003QF: won 14 of last 15 games. 42pts down halfway through Q2 against 4th-placed Sydney

• 2021PF: won 16 of last 20 games. 52pts down halfway through Q2 against 5th-placed Bulldogs

I mean, how?! And we can’t sweep it under the rug as if it died with the Choco-era anymore.

The writing for this whole thing was most definitely on the wall when Richardson took over instead of someone external with no allegiances.

The board is the biggest cancer we have, headed up by David Slosh. If not for them, we don't see a hinkley extension, richardson appointed etc.
I was thinking this yesterday and posted how I think he is just a planted yes man.

View attachment 1247872

Sound familiar? We expect failure.
This is seriously true. One of my closest friends up here in Brisbane is a die-hard Melbourne supporter of some 5 decades. He was a small kid when Melbourne last won their premiership, and was resigned to never seeing them win another. He is never positive about them ... ever! Doesnt matter how good they are playing, he is resigned to them ultimately failing. Even in the last qrt of the GF, he was waiting for them to fall over, rather than enjoy the ride. he still is in a daze they actually won.

For goodness sake we cannot let this club become like this to us!

For goodness sake we cannot let this club become like this to us!

it already has. even those who are swinging Hinkley voters and reluctantly convinced themselves this was our year, have freely admitted in the aftermath of the Prelim that they weren’t surprised by the outcome.

and it’s basically a universal consensus that had we beaten the Dogs and served up a typical bathwater-gargling performance against the rampant Dees(!), 119 would’ve been in danger.

you’d think we were Freo or St Kilda with this level of psychological doubt and damage, instead we’re a club that in spite of all our post-Magpies institutional handicaps has still managed to win 4 McClelland trophies and 2 minor round runner-ups (and spectacularly fail to convert) in 25 seasons.

it’s wild.

it already has. even those who are swinging Hinkley voters and reluctantly convinced themselves this was our year, have freely admitted in the aftermath of the Prelim that they weren’t surprised by the outcome.

and it’s basically a universal consensus that had we beaten the Dogs and served up a typical bathwater-gargling performance against the rampant Dees(!), 119 would’ve been in danger.

you’d think we were Freo or St Kilda with this level of psychological doubt and damage, instead we’re a club that in spite of all our post-Magpies institutional handicaps has still managed to win 4 McClelland trophies and 2 minor round runner-ups (and spectacularly fail to convert) in 25 seasons.

it’s wild.
While Ken is at the helm, yes, I agree. But his days are numbered, even for the most optimistic of Hinkley fans (hello Kane). We are nowhere near the level of the five-decade-incompetence that marked the Melbourne FC.

Interesting fact ... Both Richmond and Melbourne's premiership-winning turnarounds were off the back of BOD changes & bringing in new female Presidents. Getting rid of Ken is a priority, but a change-up of our BOD & President is arguably even a bigger one!

Rooch at it again.

Hopefully he’s going rogue at this point, because if this is 100% a direction/belief from on-high, well, buckle up.
Far out, I wish I hadn't seen this bump. Just went and read it and all the rage that had subsided has grown again.

The only thing that brought a smile to my face was seeing the comments on the article on FB. Lots of people calling out the propaganda for what it is.

Far out, I wish I hadn't seen this bump. Just went and read it and all the rage that had subsided has grown again.

The only thing that brought a smile to my face was seeing the comments on the article on FB. Lots of people calling out the propaganda for what it is.

Yep, the facebook comments which are usually just as disheartening as the articles themselves were almost universally scathing this time. Even the Hinkley ride-or-dies saw that absolute horseshit article for what it was.

We've told the club time and time again that propagandaesque messaging and refusing to own our failures is what upsets supporters the most, and this is the worst they've ever done it.

Out of curiosity which FB sites have these comments on them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Ken is at the helm, yes, I agree. But his days are numbered, even for the most optimistic of Hinkley fans (hello Kane). We are nowhere near the level of the five-decade-incompetence that marked the Melbourne FC.

Interesting fact ... Both Richmond and Melbourne's premiership-winning turnarounds were off the back of BOD changes & bringing in new female Presidents. Getting rid of Ken is a priority, but a change-up of our BOD & President is arguably even a bigger one!

I've been to a number of AGM's in the past and heard the custodians of the club of the time refer to being like Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, and of course the classic reference of Hardwick and Richmond. We'll copy those clubs and success will come our way too. So I'm waiting for our club to appoint a female president. It's worked for Richmond and Melbourne, so it's got to work for us, right? By the time we've latched onto what another successful club has done, some other club comes along and gets success in another way that throws all of our club's referencing down the gurgler.

I've been to a number of AGM's in the past and heard the custodians of the club of the time refer to being like Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, and of course the classic reference of Hardwick and Richmond. We'll copy those clubs and success will come our way too. So I'm waiting for our club to appoint a female president. It's worked for Richmond and Melbourne, so it's got to work for us, right? By the time we've latched onto what another successful club has done, some other club comes along and gets success in another way that throws all of our club's referencing down the gurgler.
You focus on the the female president point, and miss the entire issue. The rot starts at the top, and the top equals the BOD, including the president male or female. The Port BOD clearly has major issues, from the self-serving President, the dyslexic mix of members that the actual club has limited voice in choosing. Extrapolate that to the BOD's decision to cave in to Hinkley in the Gold Coast-threat sage, and his subsequent contract extensions, and you can see why we will be incapable of ultimate success with our current situation.

We need a fresh broom, fresh perspective, and a IMO a removal of the chummy, boys club, testosteron-driven, mentality that prevails. This involves a huge change at the top, and that might, or might not, include a quality female President. Just saying.

Last edited:
Other comments on there are "Is Ollie Wines Gay?!?!?!" and someone calling Hinkley the "head cucumber", while some crows fan yelled something in capitals about "ntua is a song sung by a man who died wanking, now sung by w***ers at port games"

1632812277682.png

Last edited:
Other comments on there are "Is Ollie Wines Gay?!?!?!" and someone calling Hinkley the "head cucumber", while some crows fan yelled something in capitals about "ntua is a song sung by a man who died wanking, now sung by w***ers at port games"

View attachment 1248227

The head cucumber guy absolutely has his heart in the right place at least

The head cucumber guy absolutely has his heart in the right place at least

I actually like it. I'm going to call him the head cucumber, just like I call the big one bitey.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back