Review Dees v the Dogs - End of Days indeed: the Good and Bad, Fugly and Calamitous

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have the Ch7 postgame uploaded anywhere? Looking for the Gus interview with his uncle

When Bontempelli snapped that goal 12 minutes into the 3rd quarter, they had a stranglehold on the game. They were polished with their disposal whereas we were fumbling the ball. To preserve my emotions, I was more or less ready to add it to the pile of missed opportunities for this club.

We weren’t out of the game but there was absolutely no indication we were a couple of minutes away from absolutely dominating. Whatever happens from here, I’ve got nothing but love for this team of 2021. Not only were they premiers, they showed remarkable resilience in crunch games and even in the matches they lost, they were balls deeps in games in the final quarter. You can’t ask for much more from a team in one season.
A lot of it was to do with our inability to kick straight. Couldn’t get any momentum and let the Dogs back into it, esp by repeatedly allowing them to set up for kick outs.

A lot of it was to do with our inability to kick straight. Couldn’t get any momentum and let the Dogs back into it, esp by repeatedly allowing them to set up for kick outs.
Yeah bingo.

The game was exactly the same as it was in the first quarter. Except they were hitting the scoreboard. Had brown and Fritsch kicked those 2 late in the last, it would have been interesting too. I didn't feel anything really changed in game play other than they took their chances, I think at one stage they had 6 inside 50s for 4.1.

And we had been in double that amounts for 1.5

Watching the replay

Hunter the ducking campaigner just played for the free and kicked the goal

I like his carrying on antics, I wonder if it will spur his pea heart team to victory?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

The last 3 and a half games

Melbourne
62.44. 416

Vs Geelong X2, Brisbane and Dogs
27.20. 182
I guess the “Melbourne peaked too early” thing didn’t come to pass

My dad is a Dees supporter since the 50s, wants to watch the highlights with different radio calls...because I recently told him that was possible*sigh*. Dogs have ALs highlights who does that on youtube, but I can't find anyone similar for you guys so any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

My dad is a Dees supporter since the 50s, wants to watch the highlights with different radio calls...because I recently told him that was possible*sigh*. Dogs have ALs highlights who does that on youtube, but I can't find anyone similar for you guys so any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Jeez, why would you do that to yourself mate haha, nah good man, I think the DVD has all the radio commentary on it from what I've heard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jealous of you all. I've got a shitload of work and uni work to finish in the next 2-3 days. No clue when I'll be able to watch it properly. Being a mature aged student is s**t. All the motivation is gone, can't go and have a pint and do my work at the pub like I did when I was younger. Couldn't get any of it done last week because of pre game nerves.

On top of Petracca's 50 metre goal in the first he also had a shot from further out that Fritch tried to get go through that randomly bounced backwards, had what should have been a mark 40 out come off fingertips and dropped a sitter from 35 where he was against Daniel. Also * all away from two more goal assists for the quarter. Unlucky to only have a legendary game lol

Kozzie having as good a no touch quarter as you see too, had a bullshit free against him.

One of the things I love most about this team is the size. Most clubs are stripping weight off everyone so they can run all day. We drafted blokes who can run all day and built the rest of them into units. There's not many blokes in our team who lose 1 on 1s. It's crucial

One of the things I love most about this team is the size. Most clubs are stripping weight off everyone so they can run all day. We drafted blokes who can run all day and built the rest of them into units. There's not many blokes in our team who lose 1 on 1s. It's crucial
Tall blokes can run, mid sized guys are mostly huge, smaller guys play tall. With blokes like Petracca and Jackson just not making sense, we are oversized without losing anything doing it.

Jealous of you all. I've got a shitload of work and uni work to finish in the next 2-3 days. No clue when I'll be able to watch it properly. Being a mature aged student is sh*t. All the motivation is gone, can't go and have a pint and do my work at the pub like I did when I was younger. Couldn't get any of it done last week because of pre game nerves.
Same boat mate. Sucks arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back