Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol, they’re not positive for Covid!!! No matter how badly it gets beat up, there are still 6.5 million people in Victoria who’ve never been infected by Covid…Letting a Victorian into a state isn’t going to mean a wild outbreak…

they lied on their G2G pass

They deserve to be sitting in jail tonight and hopefully they get a massive fine

No one likes a smartarse flouting the rules

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Lol, they’re not positive for Covid!!! No matter how badly it gets beat up, there are still 6.5 million people in Victoria who’ve never been infected by Covid…Letting a Victorian into a state isn’t going to mean a wild outbreak…
Strange logic there mate. You are effectively saying that when the odds of harm are low, lawbreakers should be let off the hook?

Let's apply that logic using your wording: "No matter how badly it gets beat up, there are still tens of thousands of people who drink drive every day...Letting one bloke drink drive isn't going to mean innocent injuries and deaths."

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It was implied in the HS article that the players' wives recognised him and weren't happy because they weren't allowed to be there.
Fair enough too.

Decent chance if they go to the game, enjoy the win, hit a pub and sneak off into the night and back to Vic no one ever knows, getting your head on telly and the socials was idiotic.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
They were in Melbourne less than a week ago with one the tests coming back inconclusive.

Sure the players wont be impressed if the second test comes back positive.. let alone all the people ( myself included) in the stadium that day.

Sydney Stack spent 3 weeks in lockup so i think these 2 dickheads should spend twice that for putting it all at risk.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
they should be driven out out to Norseman and made to walk back across the Nullarbor with a wheelbarrow filled with nothing but bottles of water
Creative punishments are always good. Id back this.

FWIW Id have no issue with them going to jail, its a flagrant and knowing breach of the rules. i just doubt they will get jailtime and if they wind up with 5 or 10k of fines id suggest they would say its worth it (If i could go to the saints drought breaker and be in the rooms after the game id gladly fork out 10k)

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

FWIW Id have no issue with them going to jail, its a flagrant and knowing breach of the rules. i just doubt they will get jailtime and if they wind up with 5 or 10k of fines id suggest they would say its worth it (If i could go to the saints drought breaker and be in the rooms after the game id gladly fork out 10k)

yeah but they were dumb enough to think they could hoodwink the WA cops checking up after been dobbed in

Never been in a lockup but even a few hours in one wouldn’t be fun at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the media reports suggested they may have used fake NT drivers licenses, as well as breaching the COVID rules. I think WA is going to make an example of them - what if they press fraud charges, or convict them - would that have implications on being able to act as a financial planner? Very poor judgement, and would hate the players and families to have to be locked down if one tests positive.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
One of the media reports suggested they may have used fake NT drivers licenses, as well as breaching the COVID rules. I think WA is going to make an example of them - what if they press fraud charges, or convict them - would that have implications on being able to act as a financial planner? Very poor judgement, and would hate the players and families to have to be locked down if one tests positive.
Completely agree with all of that, especially the reputational damage.

Just personally dont see it being jail time, happy to be proven wrong.

Gordon Farkas

Team Captain
Mar 8, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Some say living in a WA gaol is an upgrade on living in Victoria right now :trophy:

Indeed. I assume that the WA prison warden and his guards are at least moderately competent and know what they're doing.
And unlike Victoria, once their sentence of incarceration is served they will actually be released on the designated date and not locked up again afterwards.
And any decision to incarcerate them will be made by a properly constituted court of law, rather than being the result of "a series of creeping assumptions".

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
When I saw it I immediately said zero regrets

Well, zero regrets for people who think only of themselves and some right they believe they have to be at a game of footy.

Just incredible somebody would do this after witnessing lockdown firsthand, it has killed people and destroyed countless lives and livelihoods. To put millions of people in WA at that risk so you could go to the game, christ.

Hope they string them up by their balls. It’s the least they deserve.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Expected to be held in custody for weeks lol

“Two Victorians who allegedly snuck into Perth using false documentation to attend the sellout grand final, breaching Western Australia’s strict border rules, have had their case delayed.”

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
Expected to be held in custody for weeks lol

“Two Victorians who allegedly snuck into Perth using false documentation to attend the sellout grand final, breaching Western Australia’s strict border rules, have had their case delayed.”

Like Richard Pusey you hold them in custody as long as you can as the end result is unlikely to end in a jail sentence.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Did this bloke achieve it??? The ol dressed in disguise trick …

“The 22-year-old who posed as a security guard to get into WA’s biggest sporting event posted a video on social media before the daring stunt showing viewers he had his “whistle and fake ID ready to go”.”

View attachment 1247023

FFS, why/how can these media clowns suggest this bloke will somehow face a '$100,000' fine..!

I look forward to follow up story from this sensational fake news headline (which won't happen) when the reality is, this pitch invader will probably end up paying a $3000 fine and also not receive a ban from the stadium...

Related - for those interested. Legally speaking, streakers/pitch invaders are rarely a police matter, it's simply a breach of the venues entry conditions and unless you also commit an unlawful act, assault etc. then police are not involved. And if a related issue does end up in court, which is rare, accordingly it is normally a civil proceeding between venue management and the individual.

A good mate once legally represented a young bloke who ran onto the MCG during a boxing day test many years ago and again the media claimed he would be fully prosecuted and receive a $10,000 fine!
However, in the related mediation session, after showing some remorse and admitting being a 'bit drunk' and jumping the fence as a dare, they basically asked him to pay whatever he could afford (i.e. $1000), but he was required to sign an legal agreement (settlement declaration) that stated any reoccurrence would result in him receiving the maximum fine, a life ban from the MCG and he would also be charged with trespass..!

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
7CD8435D-02E3-4078-99EF-0482C7E9A439.jpeg

news today in Perf…a public stoning has been suggested

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back