news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It may have finally clicked for Jones. Piss off the alcohol. Every single incident he's ever been in would be alcohol related.
I could be wrong but I feel like we’ve heard this exact same s**t from him before.

Perhaps this is his come to god moment (Tiger had it) but I doubt it.

Hands down the best mixed martial artist we’ve ever seen but an absolute trash human being who seems to be insanely arrogant and unwilling to listen to anyone.

He ain't changing anything. He's had chance after chance to prove he has changed and all he continues to prove is that he's a piece of s**t. Dana also cementing the fact that he is also a piece of s**t by not firing him.

He ain't changing anything. He's had chance after chance to prove he has changed and all he continues to prove is that he's a piece of sh*t. Dana also cementing the fact that he is also a piece of sh*t by not firing him.
Why fire him?

So someone else will promote him anyway, achieves nothing. Dana keeping him on the shelf is the best option imo

Cool. Lets keep a known wife beater, alcoholic, drug abusing, steroid using bloke on the roster just so no other organisation can promote. Dana shouldn't give a s**t about other organisations. He should do the right thing and sever ties. This is't his first slip up. He's not learning nothing just * him off.

What will happen instead is in 6 months time when JJ is ready to fight he'll get rewarded with the Francis fight and the world will keep rolling as if this never happened. He's a piece of s**t.

You disagree, Daz?
Yeah, I don't believe he's a wife beater, an alcoholic* or a drug abuser. No doubt in his past he has over done drugs an alcohol. Probably some kind of peds in the past, as many have done.
Does he have a problem with alcohol...YES...as in he tends to binge drink and gets way too drunk and that is when the crap always happens for him.
Hopefully he lays the bottle down for good, as he has said he'sgoing to do. But chances are at some point something will happen again, but hopefully not.

Dana would be mad to release him, imo. Be like handing millions of dollars to a competitor.

Jones has had a pretty crazy life compared to many. A few f ups I can look past. Not everybody is a perfect GSP.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't believe he's a wife beater, an alcohol or a drug abuser. No doubt in his past he has over done drugs an alcohol. Probably some kind of peds in the past, as many have done.
Does he have a problem with alcohol...YES...as in he tends to binge drink and gets way too drunk and that is when the crap always happens for him.
Hopefully he lays the bottle down for good, as he has said he'sgoing to do. But chances are at some point something will happen again, but hopefully not.

Dana would be mad to release him, imo. Be like handing millions of dollars to a competitor.

Jones has had a pretty crazy life compared to many. A few f ups I can look past. Not everybody is a perfect GSP.
I dont believe hes a drug or alcohol abuser

NEK MINNIT

No doubt in his past he has over done drugs an alcohol. Probably some kind of peds in the past, as many have done. Does he have a problem with alcohol...YES

At least proof read your own post man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont believe hes a drug or alcohol abuser

NEK MINNIT

No doubt in his past he has over done drugs an alcohol. Probably some kind of peds in the past, as many have done. Does he have a problem with alcohol...YES

At least proof read your own post man.
I meant to say that he's not an alcoholic*, his problem is that he binge drinks at times.

Why do you have to be such a ******* smart ass campaigner??

I said he's not an alcoholic, his problem is that he binge drinks at times.

Why do you have to be such a ******* smart ass campaigner??
No you didnt, you said he doesnt abuse alcohol, i can quote it again for you if you like " Yeah, I don't believe he's a wife beater, an alcohol or a drug abuser "

You dont think binge drinking is abusing alchohol?

Im such a smart ass cause you make it so ******* easy to be. You literally said "he doesnt" then said "he does" they are one sentence apart.

Its fighting, it doesnt always attract the best humans to it. If a judge doesnt want him prison and hes medically cleared, let him fight. Hes a piece of s**t, that isnt changing.

I mean, Kobe paid off a rape victim. Mike Tyson well documented. Conor has serious accusations against him. If you stopped watching sport because of your morale compass your weekends would be alot more free...

If Jons not a s**t human there is a pretty low bar. Hit and run with a pregnant woman and he flees the scene.

Hes certainly not in the war machine s**t bag hall of fame but hes not a good dude either.

I doubt they'll get rid of him because of the talent level and in reality not too many normal well adjusted humans want to cage fight but there is zero reason to think hell change now, pretty long sustained pattern of behavior here.

Good humans don't smash into cars resulting in injuring a pregnant woman, run away from the scene, run back to get money (or drugs depending on what story you believe) then run away again.
Good humans don't drive drunk and smash their car into telephone poles.
Good humans don't assault waitresses.
Good humans don't beat their wives.

How can you say he's not a s**t human?

This isn't even mentioning all the doping issues, drug testing issues, s**t with DC and other purely MMA related stuff.

The hit and run was the worst of it. The guy was a mess and freaked out. He didn't know it was a pregnant woman. You guys say it like he purposely ran into a "pregnant woman".

Imo, good humans can and do * up on occasions, unless you're perfect like a few on here. Many a good person has made a bad call whilst intoxicated.

It always comes back to the drinking and over doing it.

Anyone on here ever driven while drunk?

Last edited:
The hit and run was the worst of it. The guy was a mess and freaked out. He didn't know it was a pregnant woman. You guys say it like he purposely ran into a "pregnant woman".

Imo, good humans can and do fu** up on occasions, unless you're perfect like a few on here. Many a good person has made a bad call whilst intoxicated.

It always comes back to the drinking and over doing it.

Anyone on here ever drove while drunk?
No ive never driven while drunk, again, feels like a low bar to me. Im sure he didnt know she was pregnant but he knew he caused a car accident with another person in the car, leaving the scene of an accident is pretty shitty thing to do.

Im not having a go at you, youre entitled to your opinion of him but i think my criteria for a s**t person might be higher than yours. Hes not Ivan Milat but hes certainly not Mother Teresa, even on an MMA scale (which is skewed low) hes not a good guy (IMO)

I'm probably in the minority here but I think they should actually cut him.

It'd be the best possible outcome for everyone, including his fans. Jon would get picked up by somebody willing to pay him his worth in a free market. He'd get back to work ergo, his mental health improves and you get less instances like these. He's a guy that acts on emotion based on his mental state at that point in time a lot. And... in the right environment - while not guaranteed - I think flourish with a fresh start.

DW and the UFC don't have to keep on with the tit for tat arguments and posturing and just focus on their current crop, cut their losses get on with the job and pushing the talent they have.

I'm probably in the minority here but I think they should actually cut him.

It'd be the best possible outcome for everyone, including his fans. Jon would get picked up by somebody willing to pay him his worth in a free market. He'd get back to work ergo, his mental health improves and you get less instances like these. He's a guy that acts on emotion based on his mental state at that point in time a lot. And... in the right environment - while not guaranteed - I think flourish with a fresh start.

DW and the UFC don't have to keep on with the tit for tat arguments and posturing and just focus on their current crop, cut their losses get on with the job and pushing the talent they have.
Hasnt he been working? Putting on muscle to get to heavyweight? Hes not fighting sure, but thats been his choice, not sure if that would be different elsewhere (possibly just timing if hes ready to go)

Hasnt he been working? Putting on muscle to get to heavyweight? Hes not fighting sure, but thats been his choice, not sure if that would be different elsewhere (possibly just timing if hes ready to go)
If he and the UFC were on the same page contract-wise he'd have fought 6 months ago. The 'Putting on weight properly' narrative was adopted once it became glaringly evident the UFC refuses to pay him 10-15 million a fight. Dana White and the UFC were more than comfortable with Jon's stance at that stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back