Opinion Best combined Richmond premiership team 1967-2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm with you .. Swervin Mervyn has to be in that side.
Sproule out.
Don't let the pic of Robbie McGhie with a f** in his mouth doing up his laces fool you ... was a seriously brilliant footballer and an absolute key in those 73 and 74 wins.
I have absolutely no issue with any of the named.
But I think Jimmy Jess is stiff.

How David Cloke got picked considering the talent we had to choose from, after all he joined Collingwood !

Richmond should never have taken him back, told him to bugger off and shove your goal of getting to 300 games up your bum

I would play Ian Stewart in the forward pocket, where he played in the 1973 Grand Final.

Last edited:
How David Cloke got picked considering the talent we had to choose from, after all he joined Collingwood !

Richmond should never have taken him back, told him to bugger off and shove your goal of getting to 300 games up your bum

I would play Ian Stewart in the forward pocket, where he played in the 1973 Grand Final.

Harsh on all counts.
Fabulous player for us and victim of horrible club mismanagement at the time.
Should never have left, but when we threw thousands at others and neglected our own, was kinda forced.
Gave us great service when he came back and finished high up in the Brownlow in his last year.
Polled nine votes in his final three games - three BOGs - so paid his way.

Harsh on all counts.
Should never have left, but when we threw thousands at others and neglected our own, was kinda forced.
Gave us great service when he came back and finished high up in the Brownlow in his last year.
The Rioli deal put a few egos out of wack.
But I think in retrospect a few would have stayed at the Tigers especially Raines.

The Rioli deal put a few egos out of wack.
But I think in retrospect a few would have stayed at the Tigers especially Raines.

Wasn't just the Rioli deal.
BT went to management and demanded more to stay and they accommodated him. He let it be known to others on the footy trip, while three parts pissed, that they gave him the coin, which didn't sit well with Raines and Cloke, who were our stars. They wanted pay rises and were knocked back, hence they walked.
History will show BT was gone in two years.

Harsh on all counts.
Came to Canberra and Was playing coach for Ainslie for two seasons
I had to show off my “Richmondness“ to him and spoke of his first game , getting 5 kick on him by big Nick and a seconds game he played at the Lakeside oval and asked about his brother Peter . His eyes stuck out of his head , wtf , he spoke fondly of his Richmond time as if it was his spiritual home , purely my guess is he was just a pr0n iin the war between the 2 clubs
as a player he would never WOW you with his kicking or high marking
but had a heart as big as a Lion and would somehow get the job done

Vs non premiership legends.
B:Tony Free Scott Turner Duncan kellaway
HB:Joel Bowden Darren Gasper Leon Cameron
C:Wayne Campbell Mathew Knights Brett Delidio
HF:Nick Daffy Benny Gale Maurice Rioli
F:Nathan Brown Mathew Richarson,Jeff Hogg
R:Brad Ottens,Paul Broderick,Craig Lambert
I/C:Mark Coughlan Chris Newman Micheal Pickering.

Vs non premiership legends.
B:Tony Free Scott Turner Duncan kellaway
HB:Joel Bowden Darren Gasper Leon Cameron
C:Wayne Campbell Mathew Knights Brett Delidio
HF:Nick Daffy Benny Gale Maurice Rioli
F:Nathan Brown Mathew Richarson,Jeff Hogg
R:Brad Ottens,Paul Broderick,Craig Lambert
I/C:Mark Coughlan Chris Newman Micheal Pickering.
thumbs up , seriously good list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back