Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't agree that his career was underwhelming, then presented a larger picture as to why he didn't have the career he could have.

Sounds like we agree tbh.

Gibbs had an overwhelming career. 268 games, 89 Brownlow votes, 2014 All Australian 40-man, John Nicholls medallist, Rising Star nominee, represented Australia twice.

The very definition of underachieving tbf
Uh-huh.

By that metric, every human who has ever lived has underachieved. I look forward to you recounting your various Noble Prizes to demonstrate the degree to which you have achieved, and a picture of the various Brownlows, Norm Smiths, and premiership cups you personally possess. I also look forward to you demonstrating your prowess in your next title bout in a cage match, assisting Scott Morrison in foreign relations, and the next auction for your art which is considered a stunning addition to spatialism, and the aria you composed to a Melbourne storm (that is, after you took the field for Melbourne Storm and won the game singlehandedly by yourself).

Seeing as we're being fair.

FFS, they’d better not move on OBrien and keep Newnes🤬

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would great just for the lolz of his uncle having a melt on the main board.

From memory Lewis Young was BOG on debut against us playing as an intercepting defensive tall?

Fulfilled the “played one good game against us” criteria nice and early!

Brothers and Sisters in C….Carlton. Don’t stress about the assistant coach appointments until they finish and they don’t include someone with renowned tactical nous. If that occurs we should then be very concerned. For the moment Hamill is a hard working, highly experienced foot soldier. He is fine as as defence coach. Now to find a Caracalla or an Uze!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a common theme with all these new appointments from the President down - all have a genuinely fierce competitive nature.

That’s a good basis to start from at least and will hopefully rub off on the players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was thinking the same thing.

Players are in for a shock, holidays are over!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You know the answer I think.

The date of his current contract has passed. :D

I guess that they are just sorting list spots etc . Can he stay on as a cat b rookie? If so there is no chance that he's not staying on.

Yes, this is correct. Owies has already done 3 years as Cat B, so we were waiting on the determination regarding a fourth year for rookie-listed players (owing to the absence of opportunities in lower-level leagues due to COVID). The AFL only made that decision relatively recently, confirming that Owies can retain his Cat B rookie spot for 2022. The Herald Sun reported in the last couple of days that he is "closing in" on a new contract.

I think he might have struggled had we needed to upgrade him to the senior list, because we are already very tight for spots there.

I’m all in for getting Young. If we could get Cerra Hewett Brander and Young, that’s a very solid offseason in a time of change
Why Brander? He is a list clogger.

Young is a good depth player but you wouldn't want to be giving up much. At some point we need to draft some top end talent ourselves again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back