Society/Culture Homogeneous society

Remove this Banner Ad

Boronia67

Debutant
Aug 16, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong

1. Its much easier to get all the relevant health information out to people who speak and understand English.

2. Obeying the law meaning the chief health officers directions means that the virus would of had much less chance of spreading early on.

Its clear by looking at the parts of Melbourne where covid is most concentrated that its in diverse communities. I have stopped looking because its too dipressing but most LGA have 0 or very few covid cases in Melbourne.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
1. Its much easier to get all the relevant health information out to people who speak and understand English.
I think it's reasonably clear that there is more than enough people who "speak and understand English", who are refusing to be vaccinated, who are refusing to follow rules and laws that are in place to reduce spread and reduce lockdowns, and who are actively attempting to convince others to join them.

We have members of Parliament who are creating division and spreading fear.

2. Obeying the law meaning the chief health officers directions means that the virus would of had much less chance of spreading early on.
I think the riots, that have been promoted and spread by major media outlets, politicians, celebrities and social media identities, all "speak and understand English", and have caused more people to not 'obey the law', and not follow the directions of the chief health officers.

Its clear by looking at the parts of Melbourne where covid is most concentrated that its in diverse communities. I have stopped looking because its too dipressing but most LGA have 0 or very few covid cases in Melbourne.
If true, are these areas more impoverished compared to other areas? Do these areas have the same access to amenities, healthcare, social services?
Do you think there could be several reasons for your claim, or do you think it's just down to ethnicity?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

1. Sounds like you're suggesting that the language barrier makes it impossible to get relevant health information, or that it's used by people to not give that information. That's really stretching a long bow if that is your suggestion

2. That's some sort ideal situation, everyone obeying the law or health directions - what was the last society that saw this happen?, regardless if they spoke the language or not.

Boronia67

Debutant
Aug 16, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
I think it's reasonably clear that there is more than enough people who "speak and understand English", who are refusing to be vaccinated, who are refusing to follow rules and laws that are in place to reduce spread and reduce lockdowns, and who are actively attempting to convince others to join them.

We have members of Parliament who are creating division and spreading fear.

I think the riots, that have been promoted and spread by major media outlets, politicians, celebrities and social media identities, all "speak and understand English", and have caused more people to not 'obey the law', and not follow the directions of the chief health officers.

If true, are these areas more impoverished compared to other areas? Do these areas have the same access to amenities, healthcare, social services?
Do you think there could be several reasons for your claim, or do you think it's just down to ethnicity?

Before I answer do you live in Melbourne mate ?

Boronia67

Debutant
Aug 16, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
1. Sounds like you're suggesting that the language barrier makes it impossible to get relevant health information, or that it's used by people to not give that information. That's really stretching a long bow if that is your suggestion

2. That's some sort ideal situation, everyone obeying the law or health directions - what was the last society that saw this happen?, regardless if they spoke the language or not.

Language barrier is certainly making it harder I don't know how you could suggest anything else. Don't forget with modern technology you will find people who don't speak English are getting their news from completely different sources than most as do as do most of the people they interact with.

Agree not everyone will follow the law but there has been this idea being pushed in Australian society that its acceptable to break unjust laws.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Language barrier is certainly making it harder I don't know how you could suggest anything else. Don't forget with modern technology you will find people who don't speak English are getting their news from completely different sources than most as do as do most of the people they interact with.

Agree not everyone will follow the law but there has been this idea being pushed in Australian society that its acceptable to break unjust laws.

What push are you talking about?

Look I agree that speaking the local lingo is beneficial for all parties, and is not unreasonable to request as a pre requisite to living in our society. But if you're alluding that certain sections of the community are using not speaking the language to use that in bad faith, I'd say that's very few and a little offensive.

I'm not defending those who do deliberately use language or cultural differences for ill gain - like avoiding compliance.

But let's not pretend that this is a major cause of the outbreaks. I'd say there are few that want to snub the law because they're not all chummy with western values.

Boronia67

Debutant
Aug 16, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
That's an unusual question. Did anyone ask you to ask me about my living location?

I'd rather not give out any more personal details, than those already spread around by the extremists on this site.

If you do live in Melbourne it saves me having to go into detail about how the virus is heavily concentrated in local government area's with diverse communities and many residents who have limited English.

The eastern suburbs have been much better able to keep covid under control than the more diverse western suburbs.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
That's an unusual question. Did anyone ask you to ask me about my living location?

I'd rather not give out any more personal details, than those already spread around by the extremists on this site.
If you do live in Melbourne it saves me having to go into detail about how the virus is heavily concentrated in local government area's with diverse communities and many residents who have limited English.

The eastern suburbs have been much better able to keep covid under control than the more diverse western suburbs.

An unusual question? Why is that? And why are you deflecting from answering? - it's not a 'personal' question btw, It's a broad question to gauge the reasons of your view. It's valid.

And who are these 'extremists' that you speak of cm? And what damage does it do to you that these 'extremists' know that you're 1 in roughly 5 million people that live in this area? Do you fear they'll track you down in this tiny metropolis? What is the aversity?

And yes boronia, covid is heavily concentrated in diverse lga's, still I can't but help but feel you're alluding that the 'diversity' is the cause? Why is that? Do you honestly believe that the bulk of these minorities have such a culture difference that it's 'nah fk the rules I'm gonna hug and kiss my 4th cousins and blindly think I won't spread the virus'? Is that your view point, 'culture' is the problem?

That would be an uber long bow you're stretching there.

Boronia67

Debutant
Aug 16, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
And yes boronia, covid is heavily concentrated in diverse lga's, still I can't but help but feel you're alluding that the 'diversity' is the cause? Why is that? Do you honestly believe that the bulk of these minorities have such a culture difference that it's 'nah fk the rules I'm gonna hug and kiss my 4th cousins and blindly think I won't spread the virus'? Is that your view point, 'culture' is the problem?

That would be an uber long bow you're stretching there.

Limited English is the main problem. It also does appear to be much harder for families from some ethnic backgrounds to separate from each other.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Limited English is the main problem. It also does appear to be much harder for families from some ethnic backgrounds to separate from each other.

Limited English is not the main problem, that is a vey narrow minded view. Let's not pretend that there is a lack of understanding and that is the cause of the problem.

You have alluded that lack of 'language' (understanding) be either by intent (ignorance) or just sheer 'not knowing' (complete lack of understanding) is the problem, either either that is drawing a very very long bow. Yeah sure there are a very few that are either but certainly not the majority.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

You should be able to demonstrate, support or explain your position, without needing to know my location.

You don't live in and also not in an LGA with a diverse community.
You shouldn't appeal to anecdote if your position is so sound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'll take that reply as you can't rebut it.
I've done you the courtesy of reading all of your posts in this thread. Please do me the same.

The last time I engaged with you when you were posting ridiculous misunderstandings you ended up stating you were just 'triggering' me. Why should I treat this any differently?

Genuinely, are you not trolling? I'll respond to your original posts in full, but the last time I responded in good faith with you, you pointed out it was wasting my time.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I've done you the courtesy of reading all of your posts in this thread. Please do me the same.

The last time I engaged with you when you were posting ridiculous misunderstandings you ended up stating you were just 'triggering' me. Why should I treat this any differently?

Genuinely, are you not trolling? I'll respond to your original posts in full, but the last time I responded in good faith with you, you pointed out it was wasting my time.

With good faith I don't recall, if I claimed you were triggered it was genuine, I do not claim such things lightly, not trolling, I don't go looking to troll for the sake of it. I don't post 'misunderstandings', that would be on your part of not understanding. In short there is nothing I post on these boards as an intent to troll, I call things as I see them.

With that said, I have read every one of your posts in this thread and have responded accordingly.

So to the post where you replied you're Jeff or something, I'll take that as you don't have a rebuttal.

Engage, claim I'm a troll or just ignore, I'm not fussed either way.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
With good faith I don't recall, if I claimed you were triggered it was genuine, I do not claim such things lightly, not trolling, I don't go looking to troll for the sake of it. I don't post 'misunderstandings', that would be on your part of not understanding. In short there is nothing I post on these boards as an intent to troll, I call things as I see them.

With that said, I have read every one of your posts in this thread and have responded accordingly.

So to the post where you replied you're Jeff or something, I'll take that as you don't have a rebuttal.

Engage, claim I'm a troll or just ignore, I'm not fussed either way.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/woke-can-you-tell-real-from-parody.1256035/post-72186093

And in regards to rebuttal, if you'd read my posts you'd see you're not disagreeing with me. What do I need to rebut?

Perhaps I'm being unfair. But it seems like you're trying to goad me into another frustrating conversation where I have to explain basic points to you, then you just cry triggered.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/woke-can-you-tell-real-from-parody.1256035/post-72186093

And in regards to rebuttal, if you'd read my posts you'd see you're not disagreeing with me. What do I need to rebut?

Perhaps I'm being unfair. But it seems like you're trying to goad me into another frustrating conversation where I have to explain basic points to you, then you just cry triggered.

Apologies, but I was being tongue in cheek with everyone there, if that is trolling then again apologies (although I disagree that it is - it's how one receives it, not my intent).

I'm taking this particular conversation seriously though (and probably should've the other one).

On the whole in regards to this thread, I think that a harmonious or homogenous society, well we're probably as close as we're gonna get. So it's not goading you it's just trying to bring you to a realization that an idea of a such a society is at best utopian in thinking.

If that is offensive, again apologies and not intended.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

Because I was being light hearted in the conversation, again apologies and probably should've explained it to you.

*Note, I did state as much in another post but not in reply to you.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because I was being light hearted in the conversation, again apologies and probably should've explained it to you.

*Note, I did state as much in another post but not in reply to you.
Were you genuine, because you do not claim such things lightly?
Or were you being light hearted when you made the claim, because you do take such things lightly?

With good faith I don't recall, if I claimed you were triggered it was genuine, I do not claim such things lightly
Apologies, but I was being tongue in cheek with everyone there,

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
It's bizarre statements like this, that make me think you've either not read anything I've posted in this thread, or you're trolling.

Ok, seems we're at an impasse to opinion of such a society.

If this society could come to fruition then it would have done so already IMO.

I gather you have a sense that such a society of everyone from all different cultures and backgrounds can somehow come together around the campfire. I find this highly improbable and imagine I'd be in the majority of that opinion.

This is not trolling just purely my opinion.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ok, seems we're at an impasse to opinion of such a society.

If this society could come to fruition then it would have done so already IMO.

I gather you have a sense that such a society of everyone from all different cultures and backgrounds can somehow come together around the campfire. I find this highly improbable and imagine I'd be in the majority of that opinion.

This is not trolling just purely my opinion.
Wait... are you supporting a homogeneous society?

Because that clears things up for me a bit.
I'm against it, and do not believe it's possible, healthy, or competitive.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Were you genuine, because you do not claim such things lightly?
Or were you being light hearted when you made the claim, because you do take such things lightly?

For clarity, ghost patrol claimed 'everyone' as losing their mind over frivolity, I used the 'everyone' in semantic way. Again, If you did not realize that and took it as trolling apologies, trolling not intended.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Wait... are you supporting a homogeneous society?

Because that clears things up for me a bit.
I'm against it, and do not believe it's possible, healthy, or competitive.

Interesting, you wouldn't want everyone to get along in a society? You don't believe that would be healthy?

I'm not supporting a harmonious society because it is not possible not because it would be ideal.

It's fantasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back