AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Out for extended period with stress fracture in foot - 16/2

26 - baldwin.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 33, Zach Package

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question; is putting on that much weight going to be detrimental to his knees?
Maybe, I wondered if being a huge unit was a reason May had issues with his knee.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Serious question; is putting on that much weight going to be detrimental to his knees?

I'm not sure how much weight he'll gain, likely he'll lean down once he's doing a full preseason running load, and trade-off some puppy fat for muscle mass.

He's listed at 193cm / 90kg already, so it's not like he needs to gain weight to be a solid unit.

I'd imagine for a lot of young guys, the AFL system gives them access to the strength & conditioning to help correct any muscle imbalances or stability issues that they've had as they've grown.

At 19 he'd still be growing into his frame. Seems like it should be a concern? Then you factor the impact of jumping and landing as well...
Not sure. Maybe big units have bigger tendons or something. I assume that if the physios were concerned about it they'd try to slim him down a bit and/or give him a heap of extra knee strengthening work to do. Either way, May got over his issues so I'm sure Baldwin can too unless there's something genetic giving him bad knees

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
If this guy plays 6 games and kicks 10 goals, id be ok passing on King.
No reason Baldwin can’t be our Tom Hawkins with that size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this guy plays 6 games and kicks 10 goals, id be ok passing on King.
No reason Baldwin can’t be our Tom Hawkins with that size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can see why Truck mentioned him when saying he was comfortable with our tall stocks.

Back