Politics Hypocrisy of The Right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell everyone how the Taliban is preferable to the Australian government.

Oh wait, is it? Maybe you changed your mind?

Keep us updated once you decide, once you come to terms with your confusion.

Tell everyone how it's better for women to be bashed than not getting an education.

Because principles.

Tell everyone how it's better for women to be bashed than not getting an education.

Because principles.
Obviously this is a false dichotomy.

Women are generally better off in Australia than under the Taliban. Do you disagree?

You've already abandoned your argument so why pretend to resuscitate it?

Women aren't generally better off getting bashed, no matter the circumstances of women in other countries.
Never. Ever.
You can't make your own argument.

Women are generally better off in Australia than under the Taliban. Do you disagree?

Dodging the question simply advertises that you've abandoned your original claim.

We were just spitballing.

Are women better off getting bashed or not getting an education?
I say neither.
Sweet Jesus says they're better off getting bashed.

What do you reckon?

Well, I have 4 nieces and they've all managed to receive a good education and to the best of my knowledge have avoided being bashed...

Let me guess Number37 - your support of the 'hypocrisy of the right' is based our current 'conservative' government playing lapdog to the US, as previous non-conservative governments have also done (Vietnam etc.), in flip-flopping at certain periods of time to either support or reject foreign geopolitical organisations/groups/governments (i.e. Taliban) predominately for political/maintaining alliance reasons when it suits..?

Last edited:
Well, I have 4 nieces and they've all managed to receive a good education and to the best of my knowledge have avoided being bashed...

Let me guess Number37 - your support of the 'hypocrisy of the right' is based our current 'conservative' government playing lapdog to the US, as previous non-conservative governments have also done (Vietnam etc.), in flip-flopping at certain periods of time to either support or reject foreign geopolitical organisations/groups/governments (i.e. Taliban) predominately for political/maintaining alliance reasons when it suits..?

That the Westphalian Doctrine only seems to apply to some countries is a very small part of a much larger geopolitical problem.
I am more concerned about what is happening in our own backyard.

The other, more disturbing, aspect of the sick ideas promoted by Sweet Jesus and the rest of the bogan crew is this..
An Afghani woman, facing the oppression that she does (that they=Sweet Jesus & crew clearly recognise) would almost NEVER be able to avail herself of the luxury of living in Australia.
1_Oppression isn't grounds for seeking asylum. Afghani woman fleeing oppression wouldn't be granted Australian visas. White South African farmers, on the other hand, we'll welcome with a street parade, because their opppression is real.
2_Even if an Afghani woman was able to successfully argue that she was an asylum seeker, our govts policy is that asylum seekers will NEVER be settled in Australia.
So the bogans are effectively saying ha-ha Afghani women, you are oppresssed and you would probably be treated better if you were here in Australia, but ha-ha again, we wouldn't let you in.
And somehow we are led to be believe that it is unequivocally true, that someone with next to no chance of being let into our country would be better off if they were in our country.

So the bogans get to wave their flag and chant oi oi oi at the expense of the women whose side they're supposedly on.
It's sick.

The truth or objectivity of the truth isn't at issue....if that's what your question relates to.

------

Do you take advice from a doctor on a legal matter or a lawyer?
Do you take advice from a lawyer on a health matter or a doctor?

THe doctor may very well know the law very well and the lawyer may very well know health issues...even if they are 100% correct, you would still take the advice of the professional in that field over the non professional.
It makes sense to do so because of risk management and it's just human nature...

....if that's what your question relates to
The point made being, that the advice of either the doctor or the lawyer could indeed be objectively correct, ergo there is an objectively correct position to take. You said this:

A country with the problems that we have in the way that we treat women has zero credibility/right to judge how any other country treats women.
Proclaiming that we have some moral high ground when it comes to the treatment of women, given the way in which we treat women, is nothing more than a sick f'ing joke.

Why does one need credibility to say that the way the Taliban treat women is wrong?

Taliban treats women badly (truth/objective)
We treat women badly (truth/objective)

Our bad treatment of women isn't as bad as the Taliban's bad treatment of women (purely subjective).

That's the argument being used here, and it is complete and utter garbage (for a variety of reasons).
The statement "our bad treatment of women isn't as bad as the Taliban's bad treatment of women' can be evaluated objectively.

So it's very clear, that only the most ardent fringe self loathing left wingers would be in support of other societies than our own.
I find it ironic that a clearly unhinged 'fringe self loathing left winger' would use the 'Hypocrisy of the Right' thread to spew vitriol about their hatred of their own country that they are more than willing to continue to inhabit.

I'm amazed other posters are wasting their time and effort engaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it ironic that a clearly unhinged 'fringe self loathing left winger' would use the 'Hypocrisy of the Right' thread to spew vitriol about their hatred of their own country that they are more than willing to continue to inhabit.

Yeah there's a very noisy unhappy minority that have anti western views because of a few fringe right wing lunatics and a few scum of the earth people that commit heinous crimes in this society and therefore see it as status quo. And anyone even centred of left is an evil fascist, that is the hysterical view of these people.

And they can't understand that what we've got, the society these angered people live in is most likely the best in the world or close to it.

It's a shame because left leaning sentiment is very noble and I really believe that people that are deluded by our society have the best interests of the world and everyone in it. So I have empathy for those so blinded by a bad minority.

The reason I engage is in the hope that these people will have an epiphany and realize the situation.

The point made being, that the advice of either the doctor or the lawyer could indeed be objectively correct, ergo there is an objectively correct position to take. You said this:

Why does one need credibility to say that the way the Taliban treat women is wrong?

The statement "our bad treatment of women isn't as bad as the Taliban's bad treatment of women' can be evaluated objectively.

You ignored what I wrote and instead you are just repeating the same question.
I suspect because you didn't get the answer that you wanted.

Don't need credibility to say anything, anyone can say anything they want.

Yes and on completion of that objective evaluation I would conclude that the statement is false.

It's self-evident that the Taliban is preferable to the Australian government?

Is the North Korean regime also preferable? Let us know.

You're deeply confused.

I'll ask you again.
Who is the bad guy?

The person hiring a hitman, or the hitman?

Another flag waving bogan that doesn't like the truth.
Don't worry, you'll be able to go to Bali soon enough.

Don't need credibility to say anything, anyone can say anything they want.
Then why did you say the following?
A country with the problems that we have in the way that we treat women has zero credibility/right to judge how any other country treats women.
Can we comment on the treatment of women, or can't we?
Yes and on completion of that objective evaluation I would conclude that the statement is false.
... which is why you're copping s**t.

You made a claim you then refuse to defend, and proceed to insult everyone who disputes that claim. Might I suggest a cup of tea and a lie down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back