Review Dees v the Dogs - End of Days indeed: the Good and Bad, Fugly and Calamitous

GOOD:

I thought all of the players from the Melbourne Demons looked really nice wearing their premiership hats.
Welcome back, mate.

No watch it again, she it was a good option because Brayshaw kicks it poorly next play and you can defend it from deep.

By that logic Harmes kick was stupid and he went against our system

I thought she was equating the kicks to the same attitude/decision making?

Brayshaw had Sparrow on (IIRC) but chose the long option.

Langdon had Koz on but chose the long option.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I thought she was equating the kicks to the same attitude/decision making?

Brayshaw had Sparrow on (IIRC) but chose the long option.

Langdon had Koz on but chose the long option.

If that's the case I thought she sounded fairly positive towards those choices. Then from the Harmes kick we almost stopped going long and exclusively went for hit ups

If that's the case I thought she sounded fairly positive towards those choices. Then from the Harmes kick we almost stopped going long and exclusively went for hit ups

Yeah I think she was positive because of the system type choice.

I'm with you though, back the skills in and hit targets that open that game up instead of long to the boundary side.

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Hey Super! Just the man I was looking for. I loved your blog this year. By strange coincidence I too was wrestling with a doona cover on Saturday albeit in the afternoon as a diversionary tactic.

I was wondering whether you would consider restocking some merch and getting some more Tankquiry Not Guilty World Tour T-shirts? If I ever work in the office again I think that would make a really nice statement piece, and a piquant counterpoint if worn in rotation with your regular 2021 premiership number

I would love to, but all these years later god knows what happened to the original artwork. When I sent those out I stuffed them into normal envelope, annoying Australia Post, who sent upset and sent a sniffy letter to the return address 'Demonblog Megastore' asking for $30 in extra postage. Suffice to say the Demonblog Megastore was not at this address.

Everyone seems very impressed with Viney’s actions at the throw-in which leads to the Harmes-Fritsch goal. Commentator says in real time that he “goes without”, then immediately after Fritsch marks, another commentator gives him plaudits for creating the space for Harmes.

Would love to be educated on what made his actions so special here. Seems like he takes a chance, maybe reads where he thinks the ball is likely to end up, and goes for it.
Everyone is normally very flat footed at stoppages. It’s always high risk, high reward to rush a stoppage like that - 100% I’d give him most of the credit for that goal. It’s less common for a midfielder to be on the move at a stoppage than it is for a forward to do it inside forward 50 for obvious reasons (if it doesn’t pay off you might get burnt worse bc it’s closer to the oppo goal), but in those circumstances where we’d been playing too conservatively for most of that quarter it was probably one of the things we needed to get going again. Created another number at the fall of the ball, increased the pressure etc. Obviously a lot of subjectivity to it but I think it was pretty good commentary.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Even when I get old and have dementia, I will still remember Michael Hibberd running off with the premiership cup! That will stay with me for life...

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi guys,
Congratulations on a momentous premiership victory. My Melbourne mates are beside themselves and the footy community as a whole is happy with this outcome. Reckon you're going to be strong for 5 years too.
I am looking for the radio commentary. I thought I would jump on here to see if anyone has a link? If so please let me know as it would make some of your fellow Melbourne supporters even happier than what they currently are.
Thanks in advance

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi guys,
Congratulations on a momentous premiership victory. My Melbourne mates are beside themselves and the footy community as a whole is happy with this outcome. Reckon you're going to be strong for 5 years too.
I am looking for the radio commentary. I thought I would jump on here to see if anyone has a link? If so please let me know as it would make some of your fellow Melbourne supporters even happier than what they currently are.
Thanks in advance

Few on this one mate.

At 3:10pm last Saturday I walked into Optus Stadium hoping my team win a flag. At 3:10pm today...I walked into Optus Stadium hoping my team win a flag. Go Subi!
PXL_20211002_070947996.jpg

Even when I get old and have dementia, I will still remember Michael Hibberd running off with the premiership cup! That will stay with me for life...

Pretty sure on the coverage you can hear him let out a “hehehe” when he yoinks it from the playing group
I was laughing my arse off watching it live when it gets back from the ads and immediately cuts to him in that shot.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I was laughing my arse off watching it live when it gets back from the ads and immediately cuts to him in that shot.
Let a Somerville boy get his hands on something valuable and you've only got to blame yourself.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have a query ? Where are our Bevis and Butthead duo ? . I mean that as a term of endearment but no sign of IMFrost or Pickett since the GF . They seem to have vanished . Anyone ?

Back