Six Degrees of Separation - Player Connections game

Remove this Banner Ad

I gave it some thought. ha ha. I do not need to think about Serg. Terry Waters instead although nothing about him apart from the name. Seems like he would have played with Ronnie Wearmouth.

But looking backwards from Jack Silvagni your Dale Thomas route probably the quickest.
I was trying to initially think of Kade Simpson back to playing with Mark Martyn at Carlton and then Mick Martyn playing with John Mossop at North. Mossop played with Ray Byrne at Cats. Byrne played with Collingwood but later era than Waters so will be too many links back. I am sure there would be a few similar to what you wrote but might be some weird path like Len Thompson going to Fitzroy or Phil Carman somewhere in a link.

Ivor Warne-Smith and Harris Andrews please.

Andrews --> Stefan Martin --> James McDonald --> Brett Lovett --> Robert Flower --> Barry Bourke --> Ron Barassi --> Noel McMahen --> Jack Mueller --> Billy Libbis --> Bob Johnson --> Ivor Warne-Smith.

Cain Liddle to Tim Schmidt please.

I gave it some thought. ha ha. I do not need to think about Serg. Terry Waters instead although nothing about him apart from the name. Seems like he would have played with Ronnie Wearmouth.

But looking backwards from Jack Silvagni your Dale Thomas route probably the quickest.
I was trying to initially think of Kade Simpson back to playing with Mark Martyn at Carlton and then Mick Martyn playing with John Mossop at North. Mossop played with Ray Byrne at Cats. Byrne played with Collingwood but later era than Waters so will be too many links back. I am sure there would be a few similar to what you wrote but might be some weird path like Len Thompson going to Fitzroy or Phil Carman somewhere in a link.

Yeah there are some convolutions but they are equally helpful too.

Let's find a pair that can't be linked, but have played at least 1 AFL game.

I don't think that's possible at all.

Maybe Jeff Chandler and Todd Marshall but even then people can find links.

I don't think that's possible at all.

Maybe Jeff Chandler and Todd Marshall but even then people can find links.
Jeff Chandler > Wayne Carey > Mark Stevens > Matthew Bode> Chad Cornes> Travis Boak> Todd Marshall

Yeah, it's possible with even two seemingly distant relationships.
Weird thing is, I was thinking Brett Chandler, the ex-Fitzroy player, and I knew he'd played at North with Carey.
But both Chandlers played with Carey, so it works for either of them.

Last edited:
Jeff Chandler > Wayne Carey > Mark Stevens > Matthew Bode> Chad Cornes> Travis Boak> Todd Marshall

Yeah, it's possible with even two seemingly distant relationships.
Weird thing is, I was thinking Brett Chandler, the ex-Fitzroy player, and I knew he'd played at North with Carey.
But both Chandlers played with Carey, so it works for either of them.

Stevens and Bode not needed as Chad and Duck played alongside Byron Pickett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Peter Knights to Jason Dunstall
2) Jason Dunstall to Trent Croad
3) Trent Croad to Aaron Sandilands
4) Aaron Sandliands to Adam Cerra

EDIT: Removed Pav - Sandilands played with Croad too.

NEXT: Maurice Rioli and Willie Rioli

Willie --> Yeo --> Black --> Lambert --> Weightman --> Maurice.

Ray Biffin to Peter Wright please.

No idea of the answer but I do want to see if Bob Spargo Sr to Charlie Spargo can be done

Ray Biffin > Peter Johnston > Gary Ablett Sr > Brenton Sanderson > Gary Ablett Jr > Peter Wright

No idea of the answer but I do want to see if Bob Spargo Sr to Charlie Spargo can be done

Bob Spargo Sr > Don Cordner > Stuart Spencer > Ron Barassi > Bruce Doull > Craig Bradley > Brendan Fevola > Mitch Clark > Nathan Jones > Charlie Spargo

Next up: Jack Mueller and Ben Nason

It's been a long time so how about a bump?

Rene Kink to Riley Thilthorpe please.
Rene Kink > Tony Shaw > Jason McCartney > Simon Goodwin > Taylor Walker > Riley Thilthorpe.

Thorold Merrett to Ariel Steinberg

Nice work with Jason McCartney as the conduit.

What about Ron Branton to Darryl Pool please?
Ron Branton > Roger Dean > Graham Teasdale > Terry Daniher > Gavin Wanganeen > Darryl Poole

Jake Bowey to Edward Greaves Jr
Carji Greeves > Jack Carney > Ron Cooper > Arthur Slater > Dick Reynolds > John Birt > Ken Fletcher > Tim Watson > Dustin Fletcher > Michael Hibberd > Jake Bowey.

Had to work my way backwards, it was easy to go from Bowey to Reynolds with the Hibberd connection but it got tough from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back