Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
very old news but i just read that the slime have had a christian chaplain employed full-time at the club since 2019. Ew.

*nothing against someones faith but everything against mingling church and workplace.

Neale Fong was tied up with the Eagles, at one time as a chaplain.

Very Christian values he had ........

Here's some Sunday morning comedy for you all:

Straight from the Eagles board -

"Adam Simpson has hit the nail on the head. He called for unity throughout the club.
The vibe in some of the games this year was bad, especially in the Hurn milestone game against Collingwood.
THE game against St Kilda where we were 33 points up and then capitulated was another game where care for teammates went out the window.

Getting Scofield and Knights are 2 personalities who will ignite the club.
Kennedy I believe will have a great season next year with a unified midfield and defense.

Shannon Hurn is good enough for 2 more years.

Simpsons game plan is fine.

I am writing this post straight after Melbourne's great performance in the grand final.
Melbourne is a team of unified players and they openly speak about this.
In 2018 we were unified even without Natanui, Gaff and Shepperd.

Natanui will play even a greater season than this and last years AA seasons.
If Eagles have a great pre-season with the new unity will not have many injuries like Melbourne experienced this year

I will be there at the pre-season training and will write reports wjth the emphasis on vibe

Missing the finals this year will also hurt the Eagles but a anither reason for their climb up the ladder"

I have taken the liberty of underlining all of the instances in which the poster was clutching his/her lucky rabbit's foot very tightly!
..where the text is purple, well, that's where they're pissing into a gale-force wind!

Here's some Sunday morning comedy for you all:

Straight from the Eagles board -

"Adam Simpson has hit the nail on the head. He called for unity throughout the club.
The vibe in some of the games this year was bad, especially in the Hurn milestone game against Collingwood.
THE game against St Kilda where we were 33 points up and then capitulated was another game where care for teammates went out the window.

Getting Scofield and Knights are 2 personalities who will ignite the club.
Kennedy I believe will have a great season next year with a unified midfield and defense.

Shannon Hurn is good enough for 2 more years.

Simpsons game plan is fine.

I am writing this post straight after Melbourne's great performance in the grand final.
Melbourne is a team of unified players and they openly speak about this.
In 2018 we were unified even without Natanui, Gaff and Shepperd.

Natanui will play even a greater season than this and last years AA seasons.
If Eagles have a great pre-season with the new unity will not have many injuries like Melbourne experienced this year

I will be there at the pre-season training and will write reports wjth the emphasis on vibe

Missing the finals this year will also hurt the Eagles but a anither reason for their climb up the ladder"

I have taken the liberty of underlining all of the instances in which the poster was clutching his/her lucky rabbit's foot very tightly!
..where the text is purple, well, that's where they're pissing into a gale-force wind!

I'm surprised there isn't any blaming Graham for the disunity!

Rugby League grand final just had Rabs commentating for a minute on the virtues of Telstra - like a paid announcement during the call.

Did BT do that, or is AFL a bit more subtle.

very old news but i just read that the slime have had a christian chaplain employed full-time at the club since 2019. Ew.

*nothing against someones faith but everything against mingling church and workplace.

Do you also have a problem with employing Muslims, who have to pray 5 times a day? Sikhs rocking turbans? What constitutes "mingling" IYO?

Unless you can somehow prove that practising ones religion gets in the way of work I don't see why anyone should care about this. Upholding freedom of religious expression is a pretty fundamental tenet of a democratic society.

Little thing I thought was cool is a guy I went to school with just won the flag with the Perth reserves, pretty cool to see. Brodie Gray, pretty good player, been playing colts for them for a few years but managed to get some league time this year. Dude will never play AFL unfortunately though, has too many eyesight problems.

Do you also have a problem with employing Muslims, who have to pray 5 times a day? Sikhs rocking turbans? What constitutes "mingling" IYO?

Unless you can somehow prove that practising ones religion gets in the way of work I don't see why anyone should care about this. Upholding freedom of religious expression is a pretty fundamental tenet of a democratic society.
What?
How is the bin chickens having a Chaplin a defense of religious freedom?? If they were a religious organisation maybe.

What they are is a temporal one however, and by hiring a Chaplin, something by definition exclusive to other faiths and religions, (a Chaplin in this day and age FFS), they are specifically making a statement about inclusivity (I.e that it can get ****ed)

Nic Naitanui is very religious and has spoken openly about leading a prayer group at the club.

Rugby League grand final just had Rabs commentating for a minute on the virtues of Telstra - like a paid announcement during the call.

Did BT do that, or is AFL a bit more subtle.

AFL just shoved ads down our throat the moment a goal was kicked so we didnt see the celebration or the crowd going off

AFL just shoved ads down our throat the moment a goal was kicked so we didnt see the celebration or the crowd going off

And the TV stations also run ads in text along the bottom of the screen while games are on - especially noticeable in low scoring games where they can't go to enough ad breaks.

What?
How is the bin chickens having a Chaplin a defense of religious freedom?? If they were a religious organisation maybe.

What they are is a temporal one however, and by hiring a Chaplin, something by definition exclusive to other faiths and religions, (a Chaplin in this day and age FFS), they are specifically making a statement about inclusivity (I.e that it can get f’ed)
I'm going to be that guy but ... "secular" is probably better than "temporal"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little thing I thought was cool is a guy I went to school with just won the flag with the Perth reserves, pretty cool to see. Brodie Gray, pretty good player, been playing colts for them for a few years but managed to get some league time this year. Dude will never play AFL unfortunately though, has too many eyesight problems.
Brodie played a great game. Was lined up against Matthew Johnson (yes the draftable one) for most of the game and I thought got the better of him. Was a big part of the reason Perth won the game imo.

Brodie played a great game. Was lined up against Matthew Johnson (yes the draftable one) for most of the game and I thought got the better of him. Was a big part of the reason Perth won the game imo.
Yeah from what I've seen of Perth this season he's done some good stuff, he's always been a good player to be fair, he's been that way as long as I've known him. But yeah as I said before, highly doubt he'll ever make it to the AFL due to his eye issues. Still could be a fantastic WAFL player though, although I don't know if he really wants to play AFL, seems pretty content with where he's at.

Dude has intensity like no other though, played alongside him in a few school lightning carnivals before.

Souths won it last year and were good enough in the first half today. Did they come into some money last year and it ran out at half time? Sorry, I'm being facetious but I really think it's an easy excuse for losing supporters to use.

That's a similar argument to the one Victorians use to deny the MCG GF contract advantage - 'well non-Vic teams win sometimes so it mustn't be an advantage'.

Just because teams are good enough to overcome disadvantages sometimes doesn't mean those disadvantages don't exist.

That's a similar argument to the one Victorians use to deny the MCG GF contract advantage - 'well non-Vic teams win sometimes so it mustn't be an advantage'.

Just because teams are good enough to overcome disadvantages sometimes doesn't mean those disadvantages don't exist.

The reverse can be said too. Just because they're good, doesn't mean it's proof of advantage or cheating. In fact, there's no proof of advantage or cheating - just of them being wealthy.

The reverse can be said too. Just because they're good, doesn't mean it's proof of advantage or cheating. In fact, there's no proof of advantage or cheating - just of them being wealthy.

I didn't actually say they were cheating (thought they probably are lol), just that they have an unfair advantage.

What really grinds my gears is that without Peel managing to stop them with an AFL stacked side they would have won 10 of the last 16 premierships - and yet they have the audacity to whine about it being unfair that Peel beat them while they're playing with a completely different deck of cards to the rest of the clubs. Talk about tone deaf.

I didn't actually say they were cheating (thought they probably are lol), just that they have an unfair advantage.

What really grinds my gears is that without Peel managing to stop them with an AFL stacked side they would have won 10 of the last 16 premierships - and yet they have the audacity to whine about it being unfair that Peel beat them while they're playing with a completely different deck of cards to the rest of the clubs. Talk about tone deaf.

I absolutely, certainly can not and will not go in to support their supporters. Terrible bunch.

And, I reckon there is no doubt that they were cheating back at the start of their dominance. It was obvious due to their list quality being so much better in quality than every other team. I'm not seeing that these days or the last few years though.

Last edited:
I reckon it's fair enough. He was their player who was taken from them halfway through the season and he's played enough games to qualify.

If it was the norm it might actually make the mid season draft a bit more palatable for WAFL clubs.
These were rules put in place before the mid season draft. He played enough games to qualify.
Also if a player was draftee to WC or Freo and was the playing at WAFL level the ex club could veto them playing against them.
Parker only needed permission from Richmond. He’s got another year contract at tigers.

That may be so but how you can form an opinion on a player based on your past experiences is beyond me. You don't watch us yet feel that entitles you to an opinion on a player you haven't seen play. As a Sowfs member I am telling you that you are way off the mark. Any other regular at the games will tell you the same thing.
Totally agree and I watched every game this year. You have to watch the prelim final last week to see Maskos value.
I dare you “gaskin”to say that to Curley’s face. You may not like the outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back