Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

am I the only one who thinks we’re already fairly quick?
More pace is good, but it’s not like we’re that slow haha.
I think the headline is a little off. More than actual running speed, what we need is more willingness to run.

We don't have a lot of agressive running through the lines -- thats why a guy like Walker stands out. He is prepared to take the ball under his arm and run forward.

Guys like Acres, Blakley, Tucker do this far less often.

Being fast might help a half-back/wing to run agressively, but it is only a part of the puzzle. You need to want to run, to be agressive, to take the game on. If you don't have the ball, to run hard to make position forward.

That is what we need on the outside more than just "pure speed".

I think the headline is a little off. More than actual running speed, what we need is more willingness to run.

We don't have a lot of agressive running through the lines -- thats why a guy like Walker stands out. He is prepared to take the ball under his arm and run forward.

Guys like Acres, Blakley, Tucker do this far less often.

Being fast might help a half-back/wing to run agressively, but it is only a part of the puzzle. You need to want to run, to be agressive, to take the game on. If you don't have the ball, to run hard to make position forward.

That is what we need on the outside more than just "pure speed".

Remember Stephen Hill’s first couple of years before clubs started locking him down. He destroyed them with 80-100m plays & kicking goals on the run outside 50.
There was some statistics about how if he got over 20 touches we won. Every time.
No wonder he became such a target for stopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rotham wasn't the only one, the whole thing was a farce. can't believe people bet on that stuff tbh

I can’t believe they ran it on a curve. That was beyond stupid.
But if you can’t stay in your lane then you’re all sorts of stupid and many of them couldn’t.
Poor Hughes who can understand markers was running in Siberia whilst the cheats all sucked inside.
I had no idea you could bet on that race and on no serious planet would that race be deemed fair.

mate Darling is a flog but if Petruccelle doesn't have the most punchable head in the AFL i'll walk to china. His only close challenger would be Bailey Smith.
Woah, woah, woah, have you seen Butters' head lately?

Really hope Sturt has a good injury free run. Nice to hear a few things from JL about him:

Listening to Longmuir talk about Sturt was my favourite part of the new podcast. Nice bit of insight regarding Sturts' interest and commitment to football and the club, God please let him have a good run at it next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back