Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Suban has been on the Paul Hasleby diet by the looks

Jack Hannath's currently playing for Glenelg vs Woodville West Torrens in the SANFL GF.

De-listed Fremantle Docker Stefan Giro attracts plenty of WAFL interest, Reece Conca, Brett Bewley set for VFL
Headshot of Jordan McArdle

Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Mon, 4 October 2021 4:40PMComments
Jordan McArdle

Could [PLAYERCARD]Stefan Giro[/PLAYERCARD] stay in the WAFL in 2022?

Could Stefan Giro stay in the WAFL in 2022? Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The West Australian

Multiple state-league clubs are chasing the services of de-listed Fremantle speedster Stefan Giro as he weighs up whether to stay put in WA or return to his home state of South Australia.
East Fremantle, Subiaco, Swan Districts and East Perth, as well as Giro’s original SANFL club Norwood, are among those interested in signing the 22-year-old.
Giro told The West Australian last month that he was a “50-50” on whether to remain in his adopted State or return home to South Australia if an AFL lifeline didn’t eventuate.
“I’m still definitely assessing my options in WA,” Giro said.
“I’ve really loved living here and I met my partner here, so I’m still a good chance to live here.”
Giro, who played 14 AFL games in four injury-affected seasons, admitted he was “a bit inconsistent with a few things” coming back from anterior cruciate ligament, syndesmosis and hamstring injuries, but feels like he still had plenty to give at the top level.

He finished the year strongly at WAFL level for Fremantle’s affiliate Peel Thunder, averaging more than 24 possessions and five tackles in the last three home-and-away rounds.

“I’m thankful for my time at Fremantle but really hungry for another opportunity and I think I could still provide a lot in the AFL,” Giro said.

“I missed pretty much two years of my development through injury so I reckon I can still get the best out of myself at AFL level and I think I’m up to it.

“Hopefully I can get a rookie or train-on spot and if I do, I’ll work really hard to try and get a permanent spot.”

Perth enquired about getting Reece Conca back at the club after his time at Fremantle came to an end but were told he was likely to return to Victoria where his partner is from.

[PLAYERCARD]Reece Conca[/PLAYERCARD] finished the 2021 season in the WAFL.

Reece Conca finished the 2021 season in the WAFL. Credit: Justin Benson-Cooper/The West Australian
Essendon’s VFL side are among the potential suitors for Conca, who played 150 AFL games for Richmond (104) and the Dockers (46).

Running machine and Williamstown product Brett Bewley, another player cut by the Dockers at season’s end after 25 appearances in three years, is also tipped to play in the VFL if he doesn’t get another chance in the AFL.

De-listed Fremantle Docker Stefan Giro attracts plenty of WAFL interest, Reece Conca, Brett Bewley set for VFL
Headshot of Jordan McArdle

Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Mon, 4 October 2021 4:40PMComments
Jordan McArdle

Could Stefan Giro stay in the WAFL in 2022?

Could Stefan Giro stay in the WAFL in 2022? Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The West Australian

Multiple state-league clubs are chasing the services of de-listed Fremantle speedster Stefan Giro as he weighs up whether to stay put in WA or return to his home state of South Australia.
East Fremantle, Subiaco, Swan Districts and East Perth, as well as Giro’s original SANFL club Norwood, are among those interested in signing the 22-year-old.
Giro told The West Australian last month that he was a “50-50” on whether to remain in his adopted State or return home to South Australia if an AFL lifeline didn’t eventuate.
“I’m still definitely assessing my options in WA,” Giro said.
“I’ve really loved living here and I met my partner here, so I’m still a good chance to live here.”
Giro, who played 14 AFL games in four injury-affected seasons, admitted he was “a bit inconsistent with a few things” coming back from anterior cruciate ligament, syndesmosis and hamstring injuries, but feels like he still had plenty to give at the top level.

He finished the year strongly at WAFL level for Fremantle’s affiliate Peel Thunder, averaging more than 24 possessions and five tackles in the last three home-and-away rounds.

“I’m thankful for my time at Fremantle but really hungry for another opportunity and I think I could still provide a lot in the AFL,” Giro said.

“I missed pretty much two years of my development through injury so I reckon I can still get the best out of myself at AFL level and I think I’m up to it.

“Hopefully I can get a rookie or train-on spot and if I do, I’ll work really hard to try and get a permanent spot.”

Perth enquired about getting Reece Conca back at the club after his time at Fremantle came to an end but were told he was likely to return to Victoria where his partner is from.

Reece Conca finished the 2021 season in the WAFL.

Reece Conca finished the 2021 season in the WAFL. Credit: Justin Benson-Cooper/The West Australian
Essendon’s VFL side are among the potential suitors for Conca, who played 150 AFL games for Richmond (104) and the Dockers (46).

Running machine and Williamstown product Brett Bewley, another player cut by the Dockers at season’s end after 25 appearances in three years, is also tipped to play in the VFL if he doesn’t get another chance in the AFL.

I look forward to the day you post Blake Acres articles in here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

replicas are but airsoft are not. Its pretty funny though Japan has more strict gun laws than australia but airsoft is allowed and is crazy popular.
Our police might not feel comfortable differentiating between them when they think they are arriving on a scene with a potential active shooter.

Our police might not feel comfortable differentiating between them when they think they are arriving on a scene with a potential active shooter.
Replicas are legal anyway, i'm not super keen on them regardless but I think the arguments kinda moot considering there are countries with less fatal police shootings than Australia with airsoft legal.

You just need to adopt our US police’s policy. Shoot first, ask questions later. It’s worked out great for them so far. Yeah they may kill hundreds of innocent people a year but at least they’re keeping our streets safe for the bad guys with guns who go around killing hundreds of innocent people a year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is or was on south freos list this year but didn't play much.

He got dropped after some poor games and walked out from what I remember. He did decide to return from some reports but I don't think he played any further game for Souths. I only saw him play one game of league and he was beyond putrid. Talent to burn footy wise but no desire to utilise it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back