List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It disturbs me that there is an assumption that McCrae is going to coach better than Buckley did. There is no evidence for this. He has yet to lift a glove in the job. I look forward with trepidation to the abuse that will flow his way when he does not deliver a flag in 2022.
So much expectation is being expended on two possible trades of marginal players. Again, it is all hope without evidence.
And poor Nick Daicos. The weight of the club is on his shoulders.
Like last year, we will start with a wafer thin crust of good players and will crumble when a couple of them are injured. It will not be the coaches fault, but like Buckley, McCrae can look forward to being devoured by Collingwood when the inevitable happens. The fallout from the Beams disaster will continue for a while yet.
Surely McCrae will get a few years grace before that happens, like Buckley did. Or does the fact he is not Nathan Buckley exclude him from that luxury? To be fair, McCrae would have to oversee 4-5 consecutive years of putrid football before a review recommends that he gets another contract.........

It disturbs me that there is an assumption that McCrae is going to coach better than Buckley did. There is no evidence for this. He has yet to lift a glove in the job. I look forward with trepidation to the abuse that will flow his way when he does not deliver a flag in 2022.
So much expectation is being expended on two possible trades of marginal players. Again, it is all hope without evidence.
And poor Nick Daicos. The weight of the club is on his shoulders.
Like last year, we will start with a wafer thin crust of good players and will crumble when a couple of them are injured. It will not be the coaches fault, but like Buckley, McCrae can look forward to being devoured by Collingwood when the inevitable happens. The fallout from the Beams disaster will continue for a while yet.
What a miserable, pessimistic outlook. Where does this myth of Collingwood fans turning on their coach within months if success is not immediate come from- it's not in evidence in our clubs history.

I think the incredibly low number of coaches in our clubs history is a clear repudiation of your premise.

Who has predicted instant success? Can you quote them for me? McRae can clearly coach. Just check his record.

Our list will be stronger than it was this year simply with the addition of Daicos, Lipinsky and Kreuger and the natural growth and progression of the kids who were raw when flung into the fray this year.

There will be no midseason coaching change or presidential resignations. Crowds will hopefully be back and this is a bonus for a club like ours who has such a big supporter base.

I think we will take positive steps forward and lay a good base for future success no matter where we finish in 2022.

Hearing the excitement in Degoey 's voice when talking about McRae was an insight into the excitement generated by a fresh voice.
I can't wait for 2022.

40 out across the body is good work - goal post high? Or just scraped through?

3/4 post height and on review he was under a bit more pressure than I originally thought! Was a good goal. Here’s a link below (hopefully it works).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Charlie Constable is so much better than any player we can pick up towards the back end of the draft. Best 22 material and will give us an extra list spot to work with for Daicos picks as well.

I'm under the belief that we absolutely must use our PSD spot for at least 1 of Lipinski, Kreuger or Constable.

Charlie Constable is so much better than any player we can pick up towards the back end of the draft. Best 22 material and will give us an extra list spot to work with for Daicos picks as well.

I'm under the belief that we absolutely must use our PSD spot for at least 1 of Lipinski, Kreuger or Constable.

We don't have to use a PSD on anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Henry is the threads clubhouse leader, who can do better?
Not trading Henry if pick 1 is offered is probably the thread's leader instead (what he initially proposed btw...)

I remember in Stephenson's Rising Star year i said if we were offered 2x top 5 picks we should take that and run for a skinny bloke with half his goals coming from cheap goals from the goal square. Pretty much got the same reaction as this.

So, if it came down to Daicos and Henry, you'd choose Henry? You are an outstanding judge of talent.
But it won't come down to daicos or Henry, it could just be that our draft pick gets pushed back next year, which I don't think it will come to that either, we don't need to get rid of someone like Henry to draft daicos

Not trading Henry if pick 1 is offered is probably the thread's leader instead (what he initially proposed btw...)

I remember in Stephenson's Rising Star year i said if we were offered 2x top 5 picks we should take that and run for a skinny bloke with half his goals coming from cheap goals from the goal square. Pretty much got the same reaction as this.
Why would you trade your best performing young player for a potential player? What a way to build culture. If you traded Stephenson after his first year, you would be the worst list manager in history. Hindsight boasting.

Sorry if already mentioned but the club needs to leave players officially un-signed during the trade and draft period so they can accumulate and take those picks to the draft inorder to secure Daics. According to an article I just read, that is why Sier is unsigned!

So, if it came down to Daicos and Henry, you'd choose Henry? You are an outstanding judge of talent.
If it came down to Daicos and Gary Ablett Snr?
If it came down to Daicos and Lance Franklin?
If it came down to Daicos and Daicos snr?
If it came down to Daicos and God? (Trick question, Daicos is god)

See.. I can do it too. It's pointless when it's not going to happen.

Sorry if already mentioned but the club needs to leave players officially un-signed during the trade and draft period so they can accumulate and take those picks to the draft inorder to secure Daics. According to an article I just read, that is why Sier is unsigned!
Which article?

But it won't come down to daicos or Henry, it could just be that our draft pick gets pushed back next year, which I don't think it will come to that either, we don't need to get rid of someone like Henry to draft daicos
No, but I said IF it did come down to that. I didn't say let's trade Henry. But like true wanabe journalists do (not saying you), just pick a bit out of context and run with that. Typical of some here.

Why would you trade your best performing young player for a potential player? What a way to build culture. If you traded Stephenson after his first year, you would be the worst list manager in history. Hindsight boasting.
It's about not overrating your players way out of proportion, idc who the player is.

I would love to trade the #1 small forward in the comp with multiple AA seasons under his belt for 2x top 5 picks, let alone an unproven 19 year old (stephenson at the time) who thrived with elite delivery in a season where we were 1 goal off a premiership.

If anything Cody Weightman has easily replicated Stephenson's 2018 season in a very similar situation - great delivery, runner-up team. They are strong seasons, but not 2x top 5 pick worthy.

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of Henry, he is close to our best young player and I wouldn't trade him cheaply either.

But to say you wouldn't trade Henry for pick 1 in the draft is just plain delusion and ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back